TopshotTolbert

Sideswipe with suckgate

Is anyone running sideswipe on there boat and use a suck gate? I was looking at my boat and wanting to buy the mission delta but not sure how well it will work since my exhaust comes right out where it would be put on. Not sure if going in front of the exhaust will make a wake I would want. 

I have a 04 cyclone with side swipe and made my own suck gate.   I used the glass lifter from harbor freight,  some shelving brackets I had laying around and some 3/4 wood I had. It's only temporary till I get the wake figured out,  then I'll just make a more aesthetically pleasing one.   I just got 750s for my rear locker that i haven't hooked up yet soI haven't had a chance to see my gate in action,  but if I were you I'd make a make shift one and test it out.... oh and tie a float to it so it doesn't sink if it falls off 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxpowers1207 said:

I have a 04 cyclone with side swipe and made my own suck gate.   I used the glass lifter from harbor freight,  some shelving brackets I had laying around and some 3/4 wood I had. It's only temporary till I get the wake figured out,  then I'll just make a more aesthetically pleasing one.   I just got 750s for my rear locker that i haven't hooked up yet soI haven't had a chance to see my gate in action,  but if I were you I'd make a make shift one and test it out.... oh and tie a float to it so it doesn't sink if it falls off 

I've been thinking about getting the mission delta. But not sure how it will do with having sideswipe. With your sideswipe you can change which side the exhaust comes out can't you? I don't know if mine isn't wired properly but I can't get it to switch from side to side or do anything different

Mine can go side to side or both (splitting I imagine).  It still super loud,  I'm thinking of adding a silencer this winter... anyways my switch is by the throttle where the lights and ballast toggles are.   I'll try and find a picture of what I made.  Otherwise I'll get one later this week when I get to my boat

ENZODAYZ    3

I have sideswipe exhaust on my boat. I run with one side closed at all times. It's way quieter. If you think about it the new boats have just one exhaust port. 

I just received my swell suck gate in the mail today. It fits great just in front of my sideswipe exhaust. I can't wait to try it out over  the July 4 weekend. 

14 hours ago, ENZODAYZ said:

I have sideswipe exhaust on my boat. I run with one side closed at all times. It's way quieter. If you think about it the new boats have just one exhaust port. 

I just received my swell suck gate in the mail today. It fits great just in front of my sideswipe exhaust. I can't wait to try it out over  the July 4 weekend. 

Can you post a picture with it mounted on your boat? I just want to see what it would look like out of the water and in. 

On 6/18/2017 at 1:20 PM, TopshotTolbert said:

Can you post a picture with it mounted on your boat? I just want to see what it would look like out of the water and in. 

Here my home made suck gate... it took me forever to resize the picture

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

I found this site the other night...makes it super easy to resize pictures. Upload the pic...change the size and then download the new pic to your computer...takes 30 seconds and/or you can do multiple pics. Will take a 5mb pic and make it 250kb

http://www.resizeimage.net/

Transporter    1

Can one assume that if you get suckgate put on it will make a nice wake for surfing I'm looking at getting one for a 2008 sv230 that has factory ballast, no switchblade or trim tab.

InfinitySurf    302

Yes...as long as you have ballast. Nothing makes a good wave without enough ballast. More ballast will make a better wave whether you list or suck gate. Personally...I see better wave with more push, using suck gate.

Transporter    1

What kind of added of cost for two enzo style sacs in the rear and any fittings or pumps etc would I be looking at?

3 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

Yes...as long as you have ballast. Nothing makes a good wave without enough ballast. More ballast will make a better wave whether you list or suck gate. Personally...I see better wave with more push, using suck gate.

I'm trying to figure out which adaptor to go with. Wake surf edge wake shaper or the mission delta????? I also have factory ballast sacs and don't want to buy new ones just yet

CO Surfer    289
11 hours ago, Transporter said:

What kind of added of cost for two enzo style sacs in the rear and any fittings or pumps etc would I be looking at?

Go over to Wakemakers.com and price them out.  Those guys will hook you up.

• Like 1

Transporter    1
On 2017-6-17 at 8:56 PM, ENZODAYZ said:

How did the swell work with your sideswipe?

ENZODAYZ    3

Worked good, cleaned up the goofy side nice. I need to work on the whole weight thing. I never really load the port side, so I have to get a 750# sac. 

Nick610s    2

I run the nauticurl on my 08 sv230, has the sideswipe works great, running a total of 2750 lbs ballast and i have a clean wave port or stab side. Plenty of push, and the wave is thigh high both sides. As said before more weight = bigger wave. 

ENZODAYZ    3

Nick610s, do you have a picture of the nauticurl installed? Looks like their design would sit back more on the boat vs the swell. 

Nick610s    2

I don't have one but it literally sticks 4-6 inches in front of my side swipe outlet. On the second step of the hull. Had no issues with it staying on. 

Shaka    146

I picked up a Nauticurl and it works great with the Sideswipe. I think having the gate on the back is really an advantage with the Sideswipe because the gate is on the back side of the device and allows it to get as far back as possible. I'm still experimenting but thus far I have had the best results filling both rear bags (750 each) and then the side underseat seat bag  (Fly Hi 705 rear seat sacks as full as possible) on the side I'm surfing. I tried it with all my ballast full but couldn't get enough speed. This might be helped by getting some weight into the bow. 

Ultimately what this means is I'm going to design a surf system for my boat that resembles what's currently on the late model Centurion boats. I want to control all this automatically.