Ohsoslow

beware of the theves

Ohsoslow    19

haven't been on here in awhile, but here is my latest adventure with the boat. took my avy into Liquid Audio in midland in January for a 410 install and new head unit. as well as the rgb rings. They did a great job with the install. the 410 was a great addition to my rev 10's already mounted. when finished I took the boat to my local shop for a couple of repairs and service. while there the boat was sitting inside the fence waiting for parts and a thief decided he needed my stuff more than me. he got all 3 of the amps, both subs, the new head unit, and all of the interior speakers. he has been doing this over a 2 week period from what the cameras told. well, he went back one more night and was in the process of getting out of my boat when the owner of the business( lives there) caught him at gun point.he had my rev 10's off and was stepping off the fender when he got caught. the police were called and he was arrested. now, the theft charges totaled on my boat about $5,500. he ended up getting into 7 other boats that was confirmed. during the arrest he was found with 1 gram of meth in his pocket and found with another gram upon strip search at the jail. so, the theft charges are the least of his problems. the marine dealers  insurance would not cover it so I had to turn into mine. sucks, but that's what we pay for it for. he at least paid the deductible out of his own pocket. I took the boat back to Liquid Audio to start over. I guess it was kind of a blessing as I was able to put a bit of cash with it and do the upgrades I was planning on for the next winter. they did a great job with the install as usual. the moral of this is do your best to protect your gear as others may want it more than you.

InfinitySurf    302

At least the jerk-off was caught! Good story man, glad it worked out for the best.

DrNate    426

Good story, thanks for sharing.  In the end, it worked out well for you.  

Cdifranco    463

Meth huh, hands were probably lightning fast. Stripping them bolts out in no time! They say you can't catch a crackhead but a bullet can. 

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

"found another gram upon strip search at the jail"

You know where he was hiding it... 

Troy    234

Dang.  At least he was caught

Ohsoslow    19

Yea, it did get the upgrades I was planning on done a lot faster. But I would have rather had that bit of a safe feeling when my boat is at the shop. we have a dealer for fineline in midland, but not good to deal with. so I use the local marine shop. they are a mercruiser dealer and will do the services to the engine and such, but nothing on the trans or v-drive. wish I lived closer to a major lake area so I would have a few more choices.