resko1

prop recommendation

resko1    0

Im sure this question has been beaten over and over again but im in the market for a new prop.

04 avalanche. 1600lb custom port ballast and 400lb center ballast. We will add another 500lb bag depending of we have riders along or not. Full throttle and pp set to 11mph i cant reach speed or it takes forever and my pp gauge keeps flashing more throttle but i dont have more to give! So im looking to swap my stock prop out before i destroy the engine. And no engine is not weak. Boat has 118 hrs on it.

So ive been told the acme 911 is the prop to use. Is this best for surfing and occasionally pulling a tube around at 20 mph?

Thanks in advance guys.

bcollins    18

I've been kind of out of the loop for the last year or so but that's what I remember being the most aggressive prop assuming it's the old 1:1 gear ratio, which I believe the 04s have. They just work better with the 3 blade props as opposed to the 4 blades. I run a 525 but I don't run much ballast. I was actually thinking of having my spare repitched to the 911 specs. Anyway, I think you're safe with that one unless something came up in the last year or so that I didn't hear about.

• Like 1

bomoseen avy    45

911 is awesome. 03 Avy fully weighted with additional 400 in the bow above your port setup. Runs at around 3200 RPM at 11.7mph on PP. Just for giggles on super calm day I had to 16mph once. I'm at sea level

Ohsoslow    19

03 avalanche here, running the 911 3 blade. prop does a good job but have noticed a bit of cavitation under heavy loads. I had a 579 4 blade I loved but got some rock damage. un repairable. but will be buying another before long. im running my ballast the same side to side with a 400 inbetween the windshields. running a home made surf gate. great wave.

chenige    84

Acme told me 1231 up to #1500 ballast. 2000 elite V.  611 if #2000. 

bcollins    18

That makes sense, it looks like the 1231 has .5 less pitch then my 525 and .5 more than the 911. I've run the 525 with around 1200lbs for wakesurfing before and it ran fine but definitely could have used a more aggressive prop. If you don't care about top end, and I'm talking minimal loss from what I've heard, the 911, or the 1231, is probably a great option.

• Like 1

Bigcatpt    408

If you have the 1:1 transmission and you are going to sac it out to the rub rail....get the 911.  Don't ask...just do it.  

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Find out your trans ratio and call ACME they will direct you to the right prop. If you have the 1:1 you will want the 911. Trust the Wave Whisperer on this one.