Sign in to follow this  
Ben1314

Evolution Tower Folded still too tall for garage door

Ben1314    0

Hey All,

First Centurion and first post.

Just picked up a used 2008 Avalanche C4 with an Evolution Tower.  I folded down the tower, but the top of the swoop is still taller than my garage door by an inch or two.  Wondering if you guys have any suggestions.  My family is still a little young to use the tower, but the bimini top is integrated into the tower, which we do use.  

Is there any way to get it to fold down more?

Or another tower that folds down lower?

Or can I remove the tower and buy an aftermarket bimini that does not rely on the tower?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!!  Thank you!!!

49faith    4

I'm sure there is a breaking point with safety, but did you let any air out of the trailer tires to see if you could move it in and out with enough clearance? 

Jake707    171

where are you located? Id be interested in trading my tube proflight tower that lays almost all the way flat when folded for your evolution tower  :D

InfinitySurf    302

You can get aftermarket bimini to use without a tower....but that would require that you drill holes in your gunnel for the mounting brackets. You will also decrease the value of your boat not having a tower. Pain in tush to put air in and out of tires every time, but that may be an option. Due to similar issue with mine....I bought a metal carport building for my boat, closed off the back with metal and use a tarp to cover front to keep out sun and rain. Little ghetto looking with tarp (no HOA where I live), but it protects the boat and did not cost me a fortune. I can also move it when I build next house if I want to

If you do decide to get rid of tower and dont trade with Jake707....I know someone (Shumie7) with exact same boat looking for a tower cause his boat was ordered new without a tower and he bought it that way earlier this year. Located in NC.

daz28iroc    73

two allen head bolts hold the big hoop in place. un bolt them and there should be enough wire to just move the tower around enough to get it 2 inches lower, will need someone in the boat holding the tower so it doesn't move around.

bcollins    18

Wish I could help. I literally have to take my tower, different then yours, off when I put it in the garage. It's a pain in the a$$ so hopefully you find a better solution. Good luck.

WakeDoc    471

post some pictures

Troy    234

When we were buying our Avy. The dealer had 2 to choose from. One with the Evolution and one with the Tribal. The one with the evolution had the gel coat I thought I liked better but I told the dealer before I would buy the boat it had to fit into my shop (at the time). They tugged the boat out to the house and the Evolution tower wouldn't fold down enough to go through the door. So they went back and got the Avy with the tribal tower and it folded enough to go through the door easily. And it turns out I really liked the gel coat on that Avy better after seeing them in person. 

Long story short. The evolution tower on the Avy doesn't fold enough to go through a 7ft garage door but the Tribal tower does.