Sign in to follow this  
doug743

2015 fs44 screen stuck in metric

doug743    53

My right side balast screen was replaced last year due to heat damage, strange, but all good. now the only thing that will not work is the main center screen is stuck in metric, but only water temp and depth.  The right screen is fine and i have tried everything, the setting tab will not change the main screen, just the ballast screen on the right.  Is this a firmware issue and have it reflashed?  Been annoyed by this all year, don't want to pull the boat and drive an hour is i can do it myself..  thanks 

lovetosurf    48

Sounds like a reflash would be the best place to start since they're quick and easy to do, are you already on the latest firmware?

doug743    53

no idea.  Will check,  what has to happen to refresh it?  thanks

lovetosurf    48

First you need the updated file, if you're not close to a dealer let me know and I'll email it to you. Place the file on a USB thumb drive, hook it up the port below your steering wheel, hold the home button down while turning on the power, continue to hold down the home button until you enter the setup screen then simply follow the prompts. It's that easy! 

Once you've flashed the software you need to go into the dealer settings to turn on features like extra PnP and quicksurf as it has them "off" by default.

doug743    53

please email me the file. dougrose1@hotmail.com  thanks,  the home is the button on the upper screen?  thanks

Jake707    171

You know what they call a 1/4 pounder with cheese at McDonalds in Europe?