awhillia

S238 wakeboard setup

awhillia    3

Does anyone have advice on the wakeboard wake. The wake cleans up nice unweighted(well 900lbs of lead distributed) at around 23mph. 

My wife def does not ride at that speed and I have young kids who ride. 

Any idea how to get a clean wake at slower speeds. 

16-19mph

Cwazy1    89

I think this is the biggest issue with centurion/supremes and the wakeboard wake. I haven't seen anyone get a clean wake under 22+. I'll defer to anyone who actually uses their supreme for wakeboarding. 

Brandon161    26

Pick the speed you want.  One side will look more washed then the other.  Fill the bow and center Start filling you sacks until it starts to clean up. Then use your center plate to clean it up. Then it's pretty good. It's not the best on the market but def not bad. However the lip will have a bite.  It can launch you, which I like,  but def don't wanna go over it to fast if you aren't wanting to jump

Edited by Brandon161
  • Like 1

awhillia    3

Thanks I'll try it. 

Im to the point where if I can't get it decently dialed in I'll sell and get back to a malibu or axis. 

strev    26
44 minutes ago, awhillia said:

Thanks I'll try it. 

Im to the point where if I can't get it decently dialed in I'll sell and get back to a malibu or axis. 

Hahahaha.... let me get this straight, you bought a supreme S238 for the wakeboard wake? I've heard that it's pretty good when diled In... Are your wife and kids pro?? 

We mainly surf, but my kids will not hesitate to get behind my supreme on a wakeboard and love every second of it. 

• Like 1

Brandon161    26

Well I literally came from an Axis to the Supreme.   The Supreme won't make as good of a wake as the Axis. The Axis was created for wakeboarding. The Supreme is made for surfing.   With that being said, spent a ton of time behind the Axis.  And only a little time behind my Supreme.  But, I am happy with my Supreme wake.  You just have to play with it a bit to find what you like. I go at about 22 mph. So no issues for me but my girlfriend and others I tow go around 18 mph and I can get it pretty clean.   Give it some time. I will never trash and Axis cuz it's a great boat. But I think everyone knows the Supreme is better built.  And way nicer interior.

awhillia    3
12 hours ago, strev said:

Hahahaha.... let me get this straight, you bought a supreme S238 for the wakeboard wake? I've heard that it's pretty good when diled In... Are your wife and kids pro?? 

We mainly surf, but my kids will not hesitate to get behind my supreme on a wakeboard and love every second of it. 

My wife and kids are far from pro. I just want to provide them a safe and reliable wake to ride. No one likes edging in to white wash and they want to ride at lower speeds than 22. 

I knew wake board wake would not be the best in the biz. Just didn't realize I would have trouble getting it clean at Lower speeds 

awhillia    3
10 hours ago, Brandon161 said:

Well I literally came from an Axis to the Supreme.   The Supreme won't make as good of a wake as the Axis. The Axis was created for wakeboarding. The Supreme is made for surfing.   With that being said, spent a ton of time behind the Axis.  And only a little time behind my Supreme.  But, I am happy with my Supreme wake.  You just have to play with it a bit to find what you like. I go at about 22 mph. So no issues for me but my girlfriend and others I tow go around 18 mph and I can get it pretty clean.   Give it some time. I will never trash and Axis cuz it's a great boat. But I think everyone knows the Supreme is better built.  And way nicer interior.

I came from an axis as well. 2014 t22 

I had that thing dialed and am a bit dissapointed in the supreme other than build quality and interior so far. 

Ill give it some time and keep trying. 

Brandon161    26

Hey man I get it for sure.  I was super bummed on my wave when I got my 238. However I do love the overall boat.  Fit and finish.  Etc.    I am still in the process of dialing in all my stuff too.  But it's getting there.  I will say my Axis was easier to dial in. But I am not giving up on Supreme yet.  It's just too pretty not to love :-)

• Like 1

stoked    1,039
On 6/6/2017 at 10:05 AM, awhillia said:

Ill give it some time and keep trying. 

Well that wasn't much time HAHA! Already up for sale?!?

awhillia    3
25 minutes ago, stoked said:

Well that wasn't much time HAHA! Already up for sale?!?

I figured I better start trying to sell. I love the boat just don't think it's a perfect fit for my family.