TopshotTolbert

Help removing plenum cover

I apparently need to remove my top intake plenum cover to get to my IAC to replace it. Unless there is a much easier way of replacing it beside that. I can't find a schematic or manual on how to replace the upper plenum or atleast remove it. I took the six top bolts out but it seems to not want to be removed. Any help would be appreciated. Serial #0W395045 Black Scorpion engine

Edited by TopshotTolbert
Spelling

volzalum    280

The plenum cover does not have to be removed to replace the IAC

I did have to remove it to replace the IAC. It is directly under the plenum on the port side of it. Took me a little bit but got it removed and a new intake gasket coming with the new IAC. 

On 6/7/2017 at 0:07 PM, lakeguy936 said:

Two nuts  under  plenum on the  stern end...

I found them that night and replaced the IAC valve and installed a new intake gasket. Took it out Thursday night after work and it ran like brand new. The old IAC was completely clogged and filthy. Glad I replaced them. Boat ran like a dream

haumai    0

HI, new here.. I need to replace the thermostat on a 2005 Avy.. seems like the thermo housing is under the plenum.. but I cannot get it off! I saw the 2 nuts in the stern under the plenum, took those off but it still solidly stuck.. any advise? also what is IAC that you replaced.

Thanks