Sign in to follow this  
mgiardinelli

2014 S21 - Wake Setup Help

Hi All,

We bought a 2014 Supreme S1 from the guys at Northwest in Portland (Great guys) this winter. Trying to dial-in the wake on the Columbia River and would very much appreciate some pointers. Older posts have suggested for regular something similar to the below. Is this still what others are using? We had them add surf tabs. 

• Port Side Quick Fill Full
  • Port Side PNP Full
  • Starboard side PNP ~200-250 lbs
  • Center trim tab 50%-75%
  • We had them add surf tabs. These don't seem to be helping much. Most likely user error. 

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. 

Edited by mgiardinelli

Cwazy1    89

1. Do you have upgraded PnP in the lockers?

2. Speed?

3. How were you using the surf tabs?

Thanks for the response Cwazy1.  Also, it was my wife and kids in the boat (7 and 9 so small). 

1. I believe we have the 600 lb PNP bags

2. Speed we were varying between 10.6 and 11.4 to see what worked best. Around 11 seemed to be decent. 

3. Most likely using the tabs incorrectly :mellow:. We were playing with having the surf left tab deployed to see if it would make a difference. 

Cwazy1    89

Ah, okay. so it seems like 

1. Nearly everyone in this forum recommends upgrading the bags in the lockers to 1000, or 1100. I personally suggest the sumo1000's, as they fit without being too big. The 1100's will fill, but not all the way full. (which has its caveats. 

2. I'd keep it around 11-11.2. 

3. Your tabs are on a rocker switch, right? If so, you want to be 'measuring' how many one second depressions of the rocker you're using, people usually refer to it as how many 'clicks' are you using. I don't recommend deploying the tab all the way down. It actually reduces the wave size. 

My 226 listed setup for regular is surf side pnp full, both QF full, trim plate deployed only as much as its needed to have a clean wave surface and my surf tab around 50%

• Like 1

Thanks man.  I appreciate the info. 

1. Didn't realize I didn't have enough weight. I will confirm with them I have the 600lb bags. 

2. Around 11 definitely seemed to be better. 

3. Yeah, they are on a rocker switch. Complete newb mistake, probably wasn't correctly adjusting them. 

Thanks again!