Donnieb    0

I have a 2010 Enzo (SV 240), and I’ve traditionally listed the boat and gotten a killer port-side wave, but I could never get a good goofy wave.  So I have been trying the Mission Delta, and I need help.  I tried the Delta with all of the weight evenly distributed, but found that the device works better on my boat with some listing.  With listing, I can get a pretty good goofy wave but I need to go 13.6 mph to get the wave to clean up. It’s long, but I have to be full-throttle on the surfboard to keep up with the wave.  My regular-side wave shapes up nicely at 11.2 mph. 

Questions:

• Has anyone had great success surfing the goofy side using the Delta (assuming you have an Enzo with the standard prop rotation)?  If so, how do you set the boat up? 
  • Have you found more luck with one of the other suction cup devices?
  • Do you put lead in the rear storage compartments (I used to do this before I started trying the Delta)
  • Do you have any photos of your wave? 

Here’s my setup to surf the goofy side:

• Bow: 590 lbs (350lbs sac and 240lbs lead evenly distributed)
  • Center tank: full
  • Rear storage: 1400lb Enzo sacks on each side – 100% full on goofy (starboard) side, 70% full on port side.
  • Listing weight: 720 lbs lead on goofy side (360lbs on rear seat on goofy side, 360lbs lead behind driver’s seat)

Thanks!

RhuntIII    555

Lots of people swear on this A-semetrical wake plate for a starboard wave. I have never used nor been on a boat that has one but it might be a mod to look in too. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 6.19.02 AM.png

Troy    234

The A-plate is the way to go. I had a custom one built for my Avy and I think my goofy wave is great. 

Edited by Troy

Donnieb    0

Thanks Rhunt111 and Troy.  Question: does the A-plate affect the regular (port) wave?  I don't want to do anything to alter that.

Thanks.

Don

RhuntIII    555

This is where someone else needs to step in. 

If all goes well I will be picking up a 2014 SV233 with the A-plate on June 6th. Then I will have an answer for you that is my opinion. 

Donnie, What tab is on your boat now? Due to prop rotation your goofy wave will always be slightly less than the regular wave.

Cdifranco    463
5 hours ago, Donnieb said:

Thanks Rhunt111 and Troy.  Question: does the A-plate affect the regular (port) wave?  I don't want to do anything to alter that.

Thanks.

Don

No it does not. You'll always have a banging port wave 

• Like 1

JJOcean    30
5 hours ago, Donnieb said:

Thanks.

Don

No, the A-plate won't change the regular side wave.  It will just improve your goofy wave.

For what it is worth, I just picked up a swell and used it 3 days this past weekend.  I'm goofy footed, but most everybody else rides regular.  I tried it because I was tired of swapping ballast between goofy & regular.  I was very impressed with the swell and it took all of 20 seconds to swap sides.  The best setup for ballast I found on my 2014 SV244 running the swell was 100% ramfill both sides, 100% PNP sacs (645lb each) and 50% bow.  That was with a light crew of 4.  

I think it produces a better wave than my normal listed waves.  My listed regular was always good, but the goofy side seemed to have the most improvement.

Donnieb    0

Thanks everyone.  Rhunt111 - I've included a photo of my Bennett trim tab. 

JJOcean - did you have to change your speed dramatically?  How was the push in the back of the wave? 

trim tab.jpg

JJOcean    30

Donnie - I ran the same speed at 11.1  The rpm's just ran a little higher.  I didn't write the #'s down, just remembered seeing a slight bump up.  Push was fine.  I'm going to experiment this weekend with filling the bow 100% vs. 50% to try and lengthen it out a little bit.

JJOcean    30
4 hours ago, dcastelhano said:

JJ what are you doing for your goofy wave when listed?

Listed goofy settings are: 11.1mph,  CATS 20, Trim 40, Starboard Ramfill 100%, Port Ramfill 20%, Starboard PNP 100%, Port PNP 50% & Bow 100%

I was running Port PNP 100%, but wave cleaned up better at 50% ... a little more list.

dcastelhano    13

Try this.... 100% PNP both sides, 100% RamFill Starboard side no RamFill on the port side. if you have only 3-4 people no bow filled is key. 30 cats and 40 trim. Ill upload photos later of my wave at 11.2 it is stunning and has stupid push all the way from the white wash. If you have more than 2 people in the back you can fill the bow up. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Donnieb    0

Thanks dcastelhano.  I'd love to see your wave!