Sign in to follow this  
Specialblend07

Valterra Valve install??

So my valves came in and the dealer asked if I wanted them to do it, or if I wanted to do it...

Now with Memorial weekend almost here there is no way I could get them installed by them in time. I need to pull the boat out anyways to install a drain plug light. How difficult is it to install these? It's an S226

Edited by Specialblend07

NW Boat Sports    232

The valves aren't hard but you have to run new wires up to the helm and replace the switches too. Due to the potential waterleak factor, your dealer should def. do it...

Edited by NW Boat Sports

38 minutes ago, NW Boat Sports said:

The valves aren't hard but you have to run new wires up to the helm and replace the switches too. Due to the potential waterleak factor, your dealer should def. do it...

Thanks...

Yeah if that's the case I'm probably better off having the dealer do it. I don't need the boat ending up at the bottom of the lake, or the switches not working because I wired something wrong.

Only problem is now I'm being told it could be a couple weeks.

DrNate    426

I will say as a disclaimer that I have no idea if the Supreme's would be the same as the Centurions, but here is a quality write-up with pictures.  I, too, am currently in the same boat so to speak.  I've already purchased the Valterras just deciding whether or not to attempt it on my own or let a non-local, Nautique dealer do it.  

Curious as to whether the Supremes are 3 wires to 2 wire conversion.  (I have been told there is no need to change the switches out on the Centurions)

Edited by DrNate

NW Boat Sports    232

IIRC, 3 wires with Supreme that is whey you have to run new wires to new switches. Centurions way easier but still BIG potential for water leaks. I am surprised dealer would even suggest you do it yourself. Are your valves currently working? Like us, they are probably slammed, so maybe they can do it when they are less busy, like in the fall/winter..

Edited by NW Boat Sports

10 hours ago, NW Boat Sports said:

IIRC, 3 wires with Supreme that is whey you have to run new wires to new switches. Centurions way easier but still BIG potential for water leaks. I am surprised dealer would even suggest you do it yourself. Are your valves currently working? Like us, they are probably slammed, so maybe they can do it when they are less busy, like in the fall/winter..

Here's the thing. I bought the boat about 3 weeks ago, used it twice. The valves don't open or close. So it's not one of those deals I want to wait 3 months to have installed. They've been difficult to deal with and I was hoping they'd be quicker/more responsive to fixing this issue in a timely matter since I had just gotten the boat.

• Like 1

Nolance    18

Sorry man.  Is said dealer on the lake?

5 hours ago, Nolance said:

Sorry man.  Is said dealer on the lake?

Yep! Still haven't received any sort of message back as of 9 am yesterday morning. I was told he was going to check with service and get back to me.... It shouldn't take two days to get an answer like this. It's been a struggle from the beginning. 

Cdifranco    463
14 minutes ago, Specialblend07 said:

Yep! Still haven't received any sort of message back as of 9 am yesterday morning. I was told he was going to check with service and get back to me.... It shouldn't take two days to get an answer like this. It's been a struggle from the beginning. 

Feel your pain. Going on 5 weeks waiting to hear from fineline.. awful, get in there and swap them bad boys out! 

Edited by Cdifranco

strev    26
13 minutes ago, Cdifranco said:

Feel your pain. get in there and swap them bad boys out! 

I agree 100%, I would just do them myself. If you can't figure out the wiring, you could always just use them manually (if yours are the same as my Valterras) until you can get someone to help you. I know that's not ideal, but better than not being able to use that weight.