Sign in to follow this  
Outbackfarmer

Beeping Alarm every minute

I have a 2012 C4 Avalanche with the PCM drive train.  Last fall it starting giving a beeping alarm every minute.  It is not a continuous alarm like overheating or low oil pressure.  It just beeps then quits for a minute and then does it again.  I looked in the manual and could not find anything, but after researching on the internet it seams that it is probably a low fluid level sensor.  I have checked all the fliuds (engine, transmission, and v-drive).  All fluids are at or just above the full mark.  My local dealer is no longer a dealer for Centurion and it is almost 400 miles to the next dealer.  I really dont want to pull the boat 800 miles round trip to have sensor replaced.  I am very mechanical and capable of replacing if I can figure out which sensor it is.  Anyone have any advice on what to check?

Cwazy1    89

I have a '17 supreme 226 with the ex3 engine and had this exact same problem. Mine started beeping right after coming off throttle after the surfer I was pulling, fell. I also checked fluids and everything and all seemed fine. 

I had the dealer come out and pull the code and it was a perfect pass software issue. Dealer came and reflashed the ecu and we were back running.

Long story short, the 1beep/min is a warning alarm and I think you need to pull the code in order to really diagnose it. 

Are you able to pull codes? or have someone around you who can?

Etz    7

Can't pull codes with auto scanner.  Cheapest I have seen run about $400.  I would think most performance boat shops could read the codes.  No need for a Centurion dealer.

mac19    4

I had a similar audible alarm on my 2012 sv233 but was able to pull up the engine codes on my screen under engine diagnostics. It ended up be some obscure low voltage alarm that centurion had only seen a few times. I took it to a dealer they hooked the laptop up to the ECM cleared the alarm and haven't ever had it again in the last few years. 

06warrior    1

Double beep every two min. Mine was the oil pressure sensor after a oil change,loose wire plugged it back in and good to go

Edited by 06warrior
More info

viking    491

15 S226 and I had/have the same issue.  Mine would alarm when starting or right after startup and would not stop until I shut it down and re-start.  It was very intermittent and not isolated to anything particular.  Dealer re-flashed ecm with an update and said that was the fix.  I thought it was as well as last summer it was pretty much eliminated until the end of the season it happened again I think twice.

Very perplexed because all vitals are perfect.  I'm thinking a sensor issue...............

Too bad for me tho cause no dealer within 5 hours so not able to pull codes unless I want to fork over for a diagnostics reader.