Cwazy1    89
1 hour ago, wheels said:

How much cheaper can it really be than a ri237, if it's close to the same size where are the big savings going to be in production? Unless you can strip down options but what would you delete? I say it will be no more than 10k less than an ri

Considering that a well optioned s238 will run mid 90 MSRP, and a well optioned ri237 will run mid 120 MSRP, I'd guess that a well optioned fi23 will run in the 100-110 range. 

Bawshogg    77
4 hours ago, Dandy said:

I wonder if there is beginning to be a bit more component across lines at Correct Craft.  That dash display could easily be the same screen as used in the Nautique G Line (Linc Panoray).  

That pic of the dash is BEAUTIFUL!  

The screen is a Murphy product.

There are two major suppliers to the marine market for most of this type of stuff...either Murphy or Medallion.

As much as you want to believe there is cross integration between Nautique and Fineline.... you should just forget that now.

They are ran as two separate companies unde one parent company . They have their own purchasing agents and make their own "brand" decisions. 

The current supplier for even the split screen or dual SXS setup is Murphy also. It's just another implementation of one of their parts. 

http://www.murphybyenovationcontrols.com/products/displays/pv1200

wheels    151
7 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

There are two major suppliers to the marine market for most of this type of stuff...either Murphy or Medallion.

As much as you want to believe there is cross integration between Nautique and Fineline.... you should just forget that now.

They are ran as two separate companies unde one parent company . They have their own purchasing agents and make their own "brand" decisions. 

The current supplier for even the split screen or dual SXS setup is Murphy also. It's just another implementation of one of their parts. 

They do however have the same sales reps for both companies, at least In my area, which surprised me. Knowing  that they were to keep the two companies separate. 

2 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

Considering that a well optioned s238 will run mid 90 MSRP, and a well optioned ri237 will run mid 120 MSRP, I'd guess that a well optioned fi23 will run in the 100-110 range. 

Then why build it?

wheels    151

If you look at all the pictures that have been posted they are all taken down now from the dealers that posted them. Wonder if they got their pee pee's slapped. 

• Like 1

wheels    151
6 minutes ago, Sparkycollier said:

Then why build it?

Explain?

RhuntIII    555
1 minute ago, wheels said:

If you look at all the pictures that have been posted they are all taken down now from the dealers that posted them. Wonder if they got their pee pee's slapped. 

I'm betting it was more than just their pee pee

1 hour ago, wheels said:

Explain?

I just meant that it's a lot of investment to design a new boat, if it's only separated by $10k in the line up then what's the point. Seems like you'd just keep it simple and have one ~23 footer. (Two if you count supreme s238 and ... Uh I guess like 4 or 5 with all the nautiques?)

But maybe the answer is more about the design difference? Is there enough of a market for wide now vs "traditional" bow in the centurion line to justify it? 

I'm guessing it ends up being more like a $20k difference but what do I know :)

Cdifranco    463

My guess is 109,999$

• Like 1

wheels    151
1 hour ago, Sparkycollier said:

I just meant that it's a lot of investment to design a new boat, if it's only separated by $10k in the line up then what's the point. Seems like you'd just keep it simple and have one ~23 footer. (Two if you count supreme s238 and ... Uh I guess like 4 or 5 with all the nautiques?)

But maybe the answer is more about the design difference? Is there enough of a market for wide now vs "traditional" bow in the centurion line to justify it? 

Everyone is assuming this is a 23 foot boat, maybe it's a 22? Also assuming it's a surf boat? There was lots of hints and pre production pictures about this being a crossover boat similar to the nautique Gs. Carbon pro is gone for now so maybe this is the gap filler and what the market is calling for 

Cwazy1    89
4 hours ago, Sparkycollier said:

Its meant to be as wheels said a crossover for folks who want to do some amateur level wakeboarding or even skiing. It targets a different market. You can make the same generalization about say the SAN G23 and the SAN GS23. The price difference is 15-20k but you'd surely never ski behind a G, and definitely could behind a GS. 

Also, some people don't need the freeboard or can't haul something as heavy as an ri237. The Fi23 would be perfect. 

5 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

Its meant to be as wheels said a crossover for folks who want to do some amateur level wakeboarding or even skiing. It targets a different market. You can make the same generalization about say the SAN G23 and the SAN GS23. The price difference is 15-20k but you'd surely never ski behind a G, and definitely could behind a GS. 

Also, some people don't need the freeboard or can't haul something as heavy as an ri237. The Fi23 would be perfect. 

Good points! 

I have heard that it surfs really well, from someone who's surfed behind it. 

h20king    794

It's not a cross over wait tell you see the hull it's deep

Darkside    248

I don't know what y'all are talking about.   My 257 is a crossover,  you surf left,  then crossover to the DARKSIDE!

Seriously there is a gap.   Look at Malibu 23LSV, best selling wakeboat on the planet.  Yet it is not the best at anything,  but does everything reasonably well.   This should be in that price range, if it is it will do well. 

Edited by Darkside
  • Like 2

Dandy    43
16 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

Not sure why you are coming with the attitude of "As much as you want to believe there is cross integration between Nautique and Fineline.... you should just forget that now.".  My main point was how BEAUTIFUL the dash was.  My second observation (not a want or desire) is that the screens between this product and the display in some of the Nautiques is similar.  I understand your point that they are both to be ran as separate companies, but from a manufacturing standpoint, when purchasing from a 3rd party supplier, it would be silly for Correct Craft to not try and source the same product when possible across all of their brands...Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, BassCat...  It is just good business to try and leverage any purchasing power when possible.  If Correct Craft was not trying to stream line their product across all lines, then why not be different and source from Indmar for motors in the Supreme...because there is manufacturing buying power and they own PCM/Challenger.  

Again, now sure why evaluating a business unit and thinking that they may actually be looking for efficiency to either increase profits and/or keep the price down for the end user would be stupid.  

Shaka    146

The notion that Fineline and Correct Craft aren't going to share tech is preposterous. Frankly I think it's happened already to a degree with the in-floor cooler.

Bawshogg    77

I'll say it again.... You guys can believe whatever you want. The TRUTH is Correct Craft has had VERY LITTLE influence on what's going on in Merced. They have NOT inflicted the giant thumb on them from what I have been told. 

The innovation and changes where already in place before Rick Lee sold off . Things take time to develop. Many of these changes you see now were on the drawing board two years ago. 

The key driving factor on what's going on was not implemented by Correct Craft or Mr. Yeargin. The team that was partially assembled BEFORE the merger is still there and has effectively grown in numbers since the merger and is largely comprised of ex-Malibu employees of some fashion or another.  It's not a surprise either seeing how Malibu was ONCE a staple in Merced and NO LONGER builds boats in Merced....?

What I was getting at was , CC is NOT dictating what parts and components Centurion/ Supreme uses. If Centurion was compelled to use Medallion components ,that's what you would see them using if it made business sense. It just so happens Centurion was using PCM engines Before the merge ... it just so happens the new screen is a Murphy product and that's what Nautique uses as a control system. 

I just think it's funny what the "internet" thinks is going on vs. what's REALLY going on.

• Like 2

wheels    151

That's because everything is true that people read on the internet Baws! Lol 

• Like 4

Dandy    43

The only thing I am hoping for is that the Investment Firm that holds Correct Craft does not do to it's brands with what happened with Malibu.  Malibu at one time was a great product.  I believe the Malibu we see today is alive and profiting from great marketing. They have a great reputation that I believe was created by building a great product at one time.  They clearly have been cutting some corners compared to competition - just look at the build quality compared to the Fineline products, yet they sell in the same price point.  How long will Malibu hang onto carpet and bolt/screw in seat bases?  

I hope what is stated continues and the big thumb from Correct Craft allows the businesses to do what is best for each brand while still doing what is best for us as consumers.  

The new product looks very nice and is well put together. I just hope the tech holds up long term.  

• Like 1