Cwazy1    89

century marine just posted a picture of the new RI. 

look up "mkbosley" on instagram. 

Edited by Cwazy1

DrNate    426

Quasi-picklefork :rolleyes:

Cwazy1    89

it looks like the new supra bow shapes..

DrNate    426
28 minutes ago, Cwazy1 said:

it looks like the new supra bow shapes..

It does.  And I don't care for them either.  Even after all these years, I still can't bring myself to get over it

• Like 1

Cwazy1    89

Same here, its neither round, nor angular. Its in between. Mehhhhhhh

• Like 1

Cwazy1    89

Tthe seating height looks to be significantly less deep in the cabin than what we're use to with FS/RI's. Looks like the cushion height goes to middle back rather than upper back/armpit area. 

Edited by Cwazy1

Darkside    248

Notice the "cooler" in the walkway is gone!  So open wakway all the way to the bow.  

One big center touch screen.   This appears to be a solid gap filler, halfway between RI and Supreme.  If priced right this could be an absolute home run. 

• Like 2

Cwazy1    89
9 minutes ago, Darkside said:

Notice the "cooler" in the walkway is gone!  So open wakway all the way to the bow.  

One big center touch screen.   This appears to be a solid gap filler, halfway between RI and Supreme.  If priced right this could be an absolute home run. 

I was told that the options on this boat is completely a la carte. I think its meant to allow the buyer to configure it as a surf, wake, or ski specific boat. It'll probably end up right between a supreme and an Ri for the same comparable size and options. Similar to what the FS was priced at. 

Bawshogg    77

You guys are hillarious. 

When you see the similarities between Supra and "NEXT GEN CENTURION" do you have any idea why? 

Probably because the guy designing the boats did what he did to Supra and is now doing it at Centurion. 

Lord forbid the things evolve...

Take a look at a late model Ford Explorer ... there's a definite reason it looks uncannily like a Rover.

• Like 2

Cwazy1    89
15 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

You guys are hillarious. 

When you see the similarities between Supra and "NEXT GEN CENTURION" do you have any idea why? 

Probably because the guy designing the boats did what he did to Supra and is now doing it at Centurion. 

Lord forbid the things evolve...

Take a look at a late model Ford Explorer ... there's a definite reason it looks uncannily like a Rover.

Did Centurion snipe one of Supra's designers? 

Bawshogg    77

Shane Stillman is the head of boat design at Centurion . 

He was with Malibu in the haydays and exited when Black Canyon took over and they went public . He had a short tour at MB ... thus the changes you saw there in 2011 or so. 

He left MB for Skiers Choice and was mostly responsible for the reinvention of Supra with the SA, SC , SE Series. I wanna say he started at Centurion in late 2014 or so. 

If you can't see the design similarities in the name monikers alone.. RI ...... SA..... FI.... SE.... they all have meaning RI = Relentless Innovation ... SA= Shock and Awe, look at the interior and exterior styling of these boats next to each other. I can DEFINITLY see the lineage there. Take a look at the Swell system and Quicksurf... notice anything similar there?

Shane is an industry innovator. He has and will continue to push the product forward. You guys should be excited about it. I know I am.

• Like 3

h20king    794

If it surfs as good as it looks and is priced enough lower than the same size ri there will be one in my shop next year.

• Like 4

h20king    794
1 minute ago, Bawshogg said:

YOU go @h20king!

What's not to like about it? I love the bow, dash , no cooler in the walk way. The paddle shifters which I assume are for trim and cats. Can't wait to see more. 

34 minutes ago, h20king said:

If it surfs as good as it looks and is priced enough lower than the same size ri there will be one in my shop next year.

I'll buy one right now if it's priced right :)

I also talked to someone that's surfed it and heard it's on point (no surprise for a centurion). 

I just really hope they go for the price point!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, h20king said:

It will look good in your garage then! 

CO Surfer    289

The only thing I really don't care for is the steering wheel which is pretty minor. It's definitely not as nice as a Ri so would need to be priced accordingly.

Bawshogg    77
18 minutes ago, Sparkycollier said:

I'll buy one right now if it's priced right :)

I also talked to someone that's surfed it and heard it's on point (no surprise for a centurion). 

I just really hope they go for the price point!

What's your REALISTIC price point you think this boat should be in? 

Just curious.

NW Boat Sports    232

The bow pic doesn't do the boat justice...just wait until you see it from a different angle. The gel lines, ramfill, vent covers on this boat are off the chain!

• Like 1