shumie7

My New Avy - On The Search For Tower

TwistC3    7

Shamir - any luck on a tower?  What are you leaning towards?

shumie7    11

Twist, the tower on Craigslist will fit your boat but not mine. And no luck on a tower right yet. I spent a ton of time this past week just cleaning every inch of the boat and I did the oil, vdrive, and tranny fluid as well as a new impeller and water/fuel separator. And I got an 1100 and 580 bag and bought two surfboards this past week haha and did a lot of work on my cover too. So now I'm finally ready to hit the lake (and already would have if it wasn't for the rain) and I'll be searching more on towers now in my free time. As of right now I think if I can never find a Gladiator I will more than likely go with the Aviator.

TwistC3    7

Shumie - I would really Like to come across a gladiator tower....  no hurry for me but it really updates the look of the boat.

InfinitySurf    302

That tower that was on CL looked like a gladiator...but was the earlier style with the 2 posts that connect to front of boat so it had 4 connections instead of 2 like the modern gladiator. New, modern style ones with only the 2 side connections to gunnel seem virtually impossible to find.

shumie7    11

What’s up everyone, so it’s been quite a while since I first got my boat and started this old thread but I thought I would just give a little update. Ended up getting the Aviator tower and went a little crazy with the stereo among many many other projects on it haha. I will say that I am very appreciative of this site as there has been a ton of content that I researched and read through that really helped me out along the way!

92C56BD7-42B3-477D-B914-27DE10F2DFA9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Like 2

Troy    234

Looks nice!

InfinitySurf    302

Wow, that turned out looking incredible! Very nice job

WakeDoc    471

looks great.

rhino89523    34

Tower looks sweet, I dig the naked look of the boat without the stickers on the side as well. Really nice looking boat.

shumie7    11

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!!

shumie7    11

Thanks! Yeah right now I’ve been running 1100’s in the lockers on Johnson reversible pumps. It doesn’t have to have it but I have a 370 bag with a tsunami pump I use in the bow sometimes. And some leadwake bags throughout in various places. Using the Nauticurl wave shaper. Plan to plumb in a small pair of under seat bow bags and a center bag at some point.