Jake707

Surf Rack Options

Jake707    171

Now that I have a surf board I'm proud of, no offense to you hyperlite POS you served your purpose, I don't want to try and shove it in the wakeboard racks I have been using that came with the boat on my ProFlight tube tower. Since my tower is black I was trying to find some dual surf racks in black and possibly a swivel adaptor too so it can swing inside for loading and unloading but cant seem to find much in black. Anyone have any suggestions of places to look?

stoked    1,039

You won't find much better, they can be pricey though: https://samsonsports.com/

• Like 1

souperfly    41

http://www.krypt-towers.com/

i met the owner, actually lives just north of San Antonio, really good dude. He had a couple sets of surf fingers laying around that fit my base (3.75") and scored them for just under $100. I'd shoot him a message!

Edited by souperfly
  • Like 1

Troy    234

I had pockets sewn into my Bimini. 

RhuntIII    555

First of all, does you boat have a tube tower? Because you will want to carry a real surf board like this... 

You will never have to worry about sticking a wakeboard fork through your glass or a clamp pressure digging your board or dinging a rail. Don't believe the wakeboard hype!!!

IMG_0034.jpg

Nick213    583

I can vouch that the Samson swivel racks are one of the best mods I've done to the boat! 

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

The picture above in Rhunts post...is a custom rack that Corson Piper makes @ Corsonpiper@gmail.com.

$280 for 1 or $480 for 2...including shipping. You have to buy the pads and the mounts....but it seems really nice. You can find a lot more pics on WW forum.

I contacted him a month or so ago and he said he has some in stock, I wanted to mount one under my tower since mine is high enough to do that and still walk under...and I only have tower speakers on outsides. Its another option anyway and 1 that I plan to do, just havent put together the cheddar since I have been spending money every week since Feb on other mods and since I have swivel racks, I am gonna wait a bit longer. But in my opinion, its one of best ways to do it that you dont damage or mark up the the board. My swivel racks put black marks on my boards that dont come off. One other reason I wanted it is cause it would keep my new Doomswell Neo under the bimini in the shade since I hear those boards can get damaged if left in hot sun too long.

Jake707    171

Thanks guys. Looks like I might have abort the all black plan as the only one I found was a Roswell. The Samsons are def nice but pricey so Im not sure what route I will be going. I will keep looking for now I guess. 

I saw those overhead racks on WW and they look nice but my Proflight tube tower is very tall already and this seems like it would be difficult to get the boards in and out especially for my 5'2" wife haha.  I wish they had a video of demonstrating how they work and loading and unloading.

Jake707    171

and Rhunt that is one hell of a surf board haha  we don't get many swells on my lake to ride that thing    I guess it could double as a party barge during lunch time haha

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Getting boards on and off was pretty easy especially wake surf boards, longboard not so much. just climb up and stand on the gunwales and pull the tab on the bungee cord. 

...And as a gentleman you should be handing your wife her board. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Jake707    171

you never had any issues with them up top like that going full or at least cruising speeds? Seems like it would create a big sail almost and put stress on the board or fling it off haha

and Im a gentleman most of the time....... haha

RhuntIII    555

No, never had any problems with the longboard flying off or blowing up. The shorter wake surf boards are even better at being locked down. Piper included plenty of bungee so to adjust tension. We even stacked boards on top of each other with no problems. I'll telling ya, it's the best way to cary boards around. 

On second thought you need to be careful when wake boarding because the rope will hit the boards on the wide cuts. 

Jake707    171
14 hours ago, RhuntIII said:

No, never had any problems with the longboard flying off or blowing up. The shorter wake surf boards are even better at being locked down. Piper included plenty of bungee so to adjust tension. We even stacked boards on top of each other with no problems. I'll telling ya, it's the best way to cary boards around. 

On second thought you need to be careful when wake boarding because the rope will hit the boards on the wide cuts. 

what is this "wakeboarding" you speak of hahaha   That wouldn't be a problem I haven't taking our wakeboards off the wall in two seasons.  Ill keep this as an option. Just to confirm the price from Piper doesn't include the pads correct I have to order those separate?

Dandy    43
4 minutes ago, Jake707 said:

what is this "wakeboarding" you speak of hahaha   That wouldn't be a problem I haven't taking our wakeboards off the wall in two seasons.  Ill keep this as an option. Just to confirm the price from Piper doesn't include the pads correct I have to order those separate?

I just received a set of racks from Piper.  He is very quick to ship and it looks like a well built, well designed product.  The pads and the required clamps for your tower are not included.  He suggests getting the clamps from diywake.com as this is what he has his hole patterns set up for.  

I have not installed them yet so I cannot provide any feedback/opinion on that.  I am however very excited to get these on our boat.  

FargoDawg    8

these are the rack pads I used when I had piper racks:  https://www.seshday.com/Product.aspx?l=00010021287900000000&p=DAK02985&sc=00010021287904450000&s=00000

you can mount them under your tower also, I had them on the under side of my gladiator tower and hit my head fewer times than my current boat's downfires....

RhuntIII    555

Correct you will have to buy pads and mounts and DIYwake good luck with them. I'm recommending bulletlines

InfinitySurf    302

Jake...on your high tower and question on how hard to remove board from top....I was gonna get one of Pipers racks (have not done it yet), but since I only have 2 large speakers on outside of my Aegis tower....I was gonna install his setup UNDER my tower pointing down. My tower is tall, so I could still easily walk under it without hitting my head on board and would be simple to take down board and put back up without having to climb on seat, etc. Plus my bimini goes over tower so mounting on top would not even be an option for me cause I have it up 90% of time I am on water.

I saw on a post a while ago where someone else had mounted 2 under a gladiator tower cause they had no speakers (used a flat piece of meter which spanned left to right and mounted to tower speaker mounts and then hung the board racks off the flat metal, was a genius setup really)....I just planned to mount 1 in the center of my tower tho which would be easy with my tower. I ride a Doomswell board primarily and I keep it in a bag since I hear it can blister in very hot sun...so added benefit for me is that it would also keep the board shaded mounted under tower, it would be protected and out of the way since I really don't wanna put my Doomswell in swivel rack since it has marked up (puts black marks on them from the rubber) on my other 2 boards. Anyway, its another option for you depending on your tower setup. IMO, its a bit spendy for just one cause you pay 280 for Pipers rack, then about 30 for the 2 pads and can spend up to 100 for 2 clamps depending on what you buy...so all in a little over $400 to hold a board (guess to protect a $700 board, not terrible). But biggest reason I have held off buying one is cause I have already spent so much other money on other mods for my boat since Feb and wife thinks every time I buy something for boat....she gets to go out and get something. So every boat purchase costs me double, lol.

strev    26

The Piper racks are not cheap when all said and done, but they are one of the best purchases I've made for my boat. 

IMG_2952.JPG

Edited by strev
  • Like 2

RhuntIII    555

Looking for leads on swivel brackets for the Gladiator? The boat I'm getting ready to pick has no racks and I would like to be ahead of the game on these.

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.20.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.20.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.19.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.19.10 AM.png