NW Vettes    11

Anyone try the suckgate yet on the S238? I can't find any past topics of this yet. It seems like a lot boats are getting positive reviews with these. Kinda makes me sick thinking about spending what we do on boats to attach something like these to create an even better wave...but we all strive for bigger, better, cleaner waves

h20king    794
17 minutes ago, NW Vettes said:

Anyone try the suckgate yet on the S238? I can't find any past topics of this yet. It seems like a lot boats are getting positive reviews with these. Kinda makes me sick thinking about spending what we do on boats to attach something like these to create an even better wave...but we all strive for bigger, better, cleaner waves

Never tried we get a awesome wake on both sides running listed  so can't bring myself to even try sticking a suck gate to the side of my boat. 

• Like 1

MFaso    56

I saw a video where someone made one from parts at Harbor freight. I'd rather not have to stick something to the side of my boat. Looked easy to make and won't cost much at all but still, that's an absolute last resort thing for me to try.

Jake707    171

suckgate on a 238?! Blasphemy! Are you trying to invoke the wrath of H? hahah

But If you are not comfortable riding listed or just want to try it anyway for the $30 I have invested into building my suckgate it couldn't hurt trying it.  And if you don't like it sell it on craigslist for $50 someone will buy it haha

NW Vettes    11

I think it's some what getto as it is so I couldn't put a home made one on my boat. I ran S226 listed but not as much lean as H2O lol

MFaso    56
1 hour ago, Jake707 said:

suckgate on a 238?! Blasphemy! Are you trying to invoke the wrath of H? hahah

But If you are not comfortable riding listed or just want to try it anyway for the $30 I have invested into building my suckgate it couldn't hurt trying it.  And if you don't like it sell it on craigslist for $50 someone will buy it haha

So, you made one for $30? Is it working?

h20king    794

Try the suckgate if that's your thing I just can't bring myself to stick one to the side of my boat.  I'm super happy with my listed wake  but I also understand not everyone is comfortable driving a listed boat. 

Jake707    171

I get the fact that if I pay that much for a new boat putting something homemade on the side to enhance the wave its supposed to already produce is a bit of a hard pill to swallow.  But for my 2000 Elite it was the best feature I added, minus the stereo of course.

Hell ya I suckgate!  Hahaha  I couldn't resist....   It works great. I fill both 750s in the rear and about 300 up front plus crew of 4-6 in the middle on surf side and the wave is great. Granted its not as big as the new boats but c'mon the boat was made 17 years ago before surfing was thought of. 

To be fair I will say when I heavily listed the boat the wave was prettier and taller but the amount of push with the suckgate seems better. And by listed it was 750 on one side, 400 on port bench, 150 brick in bow on port side and full crew sitting port side either on the 400 or next to it. If the rub rail wasn't under water it wasn't enough. Which is sketchy to say the least and not that comfortable when trying to hangout for lunch or if you have kids on board

h20king    794

If I had a older boat that was not designed to surf I for sure would give the suckgate a try.  The pill that is hard for me to swallow is sticking one to my 80k + boat that already has a factory surf system. I feel if that's what I have to do  I bought the wrong boat.  The 238 will put out a awesome wake with tons of push if set up properly 

• Like 2

AustinTx24    0
On 5/8/2017 at 1:53 PM, h20king said:

Try the suckgate if that's your thing I just can't bring myself to stick one to the side of my boat.  I'm super happy with my listed wake  but I also understand not everyone is comfortable driving a listed boat. 

I'm new here so I'm sorry for the dumb question but what does listed mean? I bought a new 238 and trying to figure out how to setup the wake. 

h20king    794

post-777-0-89762200-1469666759_thumb.jpg see how my boat is leaning weighted heavier on one side than the other that is listed 

• Like 2

CO Surfer    289

Let's just say that H2OKing is the "king" of listing.:D

His boat is SERIOUSLY listed!

Cdifranco    463

If other boats arnt coming up to you saying "dude are you guys ok you look like you're sinking" you're not listing hard enough ?

• Like 2

Padge    3

20160925_161119.jpgnot a centurion or supreme, but we def know how to list lol

Edited by Padge

Mrwick    65

Here is a view of the front listing!?

IMG_3591.JPG

Jake707    171

naaaaaaaaaa   your rub rail is still above water haha     Nice looking boat though.