Jones737    1

I just bought my new 2016 s211 today and I couldn't be more excited! It was a leftover 2016 and I think I got a killer deal on it. I need some out the box setup tips from you guys on surf wave.. boards etc..  This is my first surf/wakeboard boat and any tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated. 

newboater    0

Congrats on the boat - we did the same thing yesterday. Can't help you out with any setup as we only took it out on the river for the demo and the current messed with our surf settings quite a bit. one way we were going at 11.8mph for good wave and the opposite direction we were cruising at 7.8mph for a good wake - but as soon as I get this figured out I will let you know.

I am thinking about ordering some lead instead of getting bigger sacks - have you talked to anyone that has done this with their S211? I'm also following the lead post pretty closely and getting some ideas from that.

qxbuzz    7

I have a new S211.  I do have upgraded bags (750's) and keep 250lbs lead in the boat at all times.  I surf regular so 150 on the surf side in the aft part of the compartment, and 100 on opposite side.  I have another 250lbs lead that I use if I don't have many in the boat.  I am still getting it dialed in, so I don't have the perfect setup yet.  I do start with full PNP bags, around 90% on the non surf side quickfill, or fill it and drain while at surf speed until the wave cleans up.  Full surf side quickfill.  I put some in the bow bag also.  I surf lakes mostly so little or no current, and have found speeds of 11-11.2 work good so far.  I use the quicksurf and keep the tab between 80-90%.  Others with the 2016's might chime in as far as how many clicks on the switch to get the surf tab in the right position. 

The boat seems so far to produce a pretty good wave, and getting it dialed in is half the fun.....

Edited by qxbuzz