CO Surfer    289

Some photos of the Leadwake 50 lb bags.  Boat is a Ramfill SV233.

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

FB86EE00-3269-4746-8461-3DB664297094.JPG

Edited by CO Surfer

Thanks for all the visuals.  Decisions...decisions.  

RhuntIII    555
On 6/2/2017 at 2:35 PM, Nick213 said:

Pop bags, they will leave no space unused and you can put them all the way in the back of the boat.

IMG_4758.JPG

@Nick213, What do you think about the bags as far as a waterproof covering? 

On 6/2/2017 at 7:28 PM, CO Surfer said:

Some photos of the Leadwake 50 lb bags.  Boat is a Ramfill SV233.

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

FB86EE00-3269-4746-8461-3DB664297094.JPG

@CO Surfer, Same question, are the bags some what water proof?

Nick213    583

The bags you see in the picture is a caring case, the bag inside of it that holds the lead is waterproof. 

InfinitySurf    302

Yep, on leadwake...same thing except bags are 50lbs instead of 40....and with handle in center. Canvas heavy duty bag....inside is the lead that is waterproofed and sealed

CO Surfer    289

My guess is that the Leadwake bags are a little easier to move around.  The steel shot inside the Cordura bag is enclosed in vinyl bags:  https://www.leadwake.com/pages/custom

i chose the Leadwake ones mostly because they're easy to move and appear to be of a stronger construction.  Yes, they seem to be quite waterproof.

InfinitySurf    302

I was gonna post a close up picture so you could see, but pic file is still larger than the max allowed....frustrating. But the bags are 10" x 12"...and couple inches thick. Yea, steel shot inside bag that feels like BB's, not actual lead. I left them in back of truck during a downpour by mistake. An hour of sun and completely dry on the heavy duty canvas which seems to also repel water unless it gets soaked and you can tell the steel shoot on inside is not getting wet from the feel of bag. Somewhere on the site I remember seeing that they are wrapped and sealed pretty well before sewn into that canvas.

Cwazy1    89

Wakeballast and leadwake are both cordura outer liners which WILL get wet and absorb water. The steel contents are protected by a waterproof sealed liner and will not rust or get wet. 

The pop bags have a nylon plastic outer liner which will NOT get wet and will NOT absorb water. It is open on one end and water could flow into that end. The steel contents are also protected by a waterproof sealed liner. 

CO Surfer    289

InfinitySurf, I email my larger photos to myself which allows me to downsize the file size and then use those photos to upload to the Crew.  Works well.

InfinitySurf    302

What do you use to downsize them? Do you use a program that I can download or buy to do that? I email the pics to myself also....but they all come out at about 5mb.

Thanks

CO Surfer    289

I'm using Hotmail.  It gives you an option of small, medium, full size before you send the file.

InfinitySurf    302

Ok, I can set up a hotmail account. So you email them from your phone thru hotmail account and as you add the pics it asks you what size to send them? Basically you use the hotmail account to email them to another email account of yours? Sorry for the dumb questions, just wanna be sure I do it right. Its been frustrating cause I am not a tech guy but knew there has to be a few ways to do it.

CO Surfer    289

I just tried it.  It definitely goes through my Hotmail account but I think it's actually an Apple deal.  I'm emailing them to myself from my iPad.  I just click on a photo and hit the email button and it gives me the option to change the file size.  May not work if you're not using an Apple based computer.

RhuntIII    555

On my apple I export my photos to a separate folder. When exporting you have the option to choose a file size (small, medium and large) I choose the medium size to upload on the site.

CO Surfer    289

Yep, just tried it on my work computer using my Hotmail acct.  Didn't work.  It's only when I do it using my iPad or iMac that it gives you the option to pick the file size.

I guess I'm always using one of those so I thought it was the Hotmail acct that was where the option was coming from.  Nope.

InfinitySurf    302

Thanks for checking the process. I do have an ipad, I just never use it. May come in handy tho..sounds like I just have to take the pics with the ipad for that to work so I can email them from ipad to another source.

xj1514    13
On 6/16/2017 at 8:03 PM, InfinitySurf said:

I was gonna post a close up picture so you could see, but pic file is still larger than the max allowed....frustrating. But the bags are 10" x 12"...and couple inches thick. Yea, steel shot inside bag that feels like BB's, not actual lead. I left them in back of truck during a downpour by mistake. An hour of sun and completely dry on the heavy duty canvas which seems to also repel water unless it gets soaked and you can tell the steel shoot on inside is not getting wet from the feel of bag. Somewhere on the site I remember seeing that they are wrapped and sealed pretty well before sewn into that canvas.

I'm definitely not a real tech savvy guy, but I use Photobucket app from my iPhone and just copy the direct link and post it here. Not sure if that helps or not. 

enzo on LI    79
On 5/4/2017 at 7:51 PM, stoked said:

A thought: leadwake's logo is a bullet. That's because he started by going to local ranges and taking their lead off of their hands. They actually have a problem getting rid of all of the used lead bullets. If anyone wants to try and do it on the cheap, swing by your local range and see if they have any lead they want to get rid of. You can then find the bags on amazon and fill them yourself.

I tried to go this route, but when I checked my local ranges someone else was already grabbing the lead for fishing weights. 

What did you search on amazon when looking for the lead bags? I am leaning toward doing this but having trouble finding bags. Thanks

Mrwick    65

I bought Pop products bags this spring and I've  had no issues.......they are priced right and they ship really fast.

http://pop-products.com/

if you search the web, they have a discount code out there somewhere. 

Darkside    248

Wakeballast.com

@Wakeballast is also a member here and bought a centurion this year.  I would recommend supporting our crew.