Nolance    18

My experience is that these boats are quite finicky but once you have them dialed in, it is sweet.  Trust me, it took me half the summer last year to figure out. I wish I could off you some advice Mfaso with you quest but it sounds like the 238 is a different beast.  My optimal settings on my 226 are as follows.  Surfside PNP full.  I installed the 1100's. Both quick fills and center tank full. Trim set at 20-30%.  I will drain opposite quick fill at surf speed (10.8-11.2) until desired shape and then close the tank.  Wave has decent height with plenty of length and tons of push.  Also, I'll put an additional 400 pounds on the surfside and use the surf system to shape.  Doesn't take much to shape.  Good luck man!!

• Like 1

49faith    4
12 minutes ago, Nolance said:

My experience is that these boats are quite finicky but once you have them dialed in, it is sweet.  Trust me, it took me half the summer last year to figure out. I wish I could off you some advice Mfaso with you quest but it sounds like the 238 is a different beast.  My optimal settings on my 226 are as follows.  Surfside PNP full.  I installed the 1100's. Both quick fills and center tank full. Trim set at 20-30%.  I will drain opposite quick fill at surf speed (10.8-11.2) until desired shape and then close the tank.  Wave has decent height with plenty of length and tons of push.  Also, I'll put an additional 400 pounds on the surfside and use the surf system to shape.  Doesn't take much to shape.  Good luck man!!

This is exactly what I've been doing with my S21 the last few times out. I have no bow or center tank so I put 150 pounds of lead up front and another 150 out back on surf side (i'll move more up front if I have a big crew.) Port surf with 10-20% trim tab and starboard with 90% tab down. I don't have quick surf either so I shape my wave with a suckgate, but only for the starboard side. Listed port fine without.

MFaso    56
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, h20king said:

Like I said above I weigh the he'll out  of my boat I'll do a walk through this weekend  with pics of both listed and QS set up.  We put 150 hours on our 238  last year and have not had any problems getting it dialed in.  Same for our last boat which was a 226 put 300 hours on it.  It baffles me  that you guy's are struggling so much getting your boats to surf. 

Did you get to video anything H?

h20king    794

No was tons of debris in the water so my focus was on driving will try to get it' done for you this weekend 

Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

Does anyone know the dimensions of the 50lb lead wake bags or the POP bags?  I'm using some 45lb plates under the fat sacs but would like to have something a little more elegant that I can stuff into smaller areas.  I'm assuming both the pop and LW bags are about 2-2.5" thick. 

MFaso    56

Going on my memory a 45lb plate is definitely lower in height than the lead wake bags I have. I'd say a bag is about 3-4 inches high. The difference however is they are not round and wide like the 45lb plate so you can focus the weight more to a single area. Also, I can't imagine stacking 4 plates on each other and even if you did, it isn't much weight. 4, 50lb bags would fit inside or close the circumference of 1 plate.(although they would be a little higher.

I have the wake makers sacks in my rear lockers now and 400lbs(6 bags) of lead with the bag, and all fits fine. I don't know how well 400lbs in plates would fit with an upgraded bag.

The only good thing about the plates you have is I'm guessing you had them or they were free. I spent just over 500 on 10 bags of lead. buy 9 and the 10th is free from leadwake.

Good luck!

Right.  I have room for one layer of 45lb plates but there is a lot of wasted space with the indents of the plates and the space between them.  They are round so the fat sac kinda fills in the gaps and indents but it would be nice to have a better solution with a little added weight. 

Nick213    585

Pop bags, they will leave no space unused and you can put them all the way in the back of the boat.

IMG_4758.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the visual Nick.  That's very helpful. 

Nick213    585

@2ndtimearound just to be clear the pic isn't a 226 it's a avalanche C4 and the pop bags are 40#'s each.

Edited by Nick213

CO Surfer    289

Some photos of the Leadwake 50 lb bags.  Boat is a Ramfill SV233.

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

FB86EE00-3269-4746-8461-3DB664297094.JPG

Edited by CO Surfer

Thanks for all the visuals.  Decisions...decisions.  

RhuntIII    557
On 6/2/2017 at 2:35 PM, Nick213 said:

Pop bags, they will leave no space unused and you can put them all the way in the back of the boat.

IMG_4758.JPG

@Nick213, What do you think about the bags as far as a waterproof covering? 

On 6/2/2017 at 7:28 PM, CO Surfer said:

Some photos of the Leadwake 50 lb bags.  Boat is a Ramfill SV233.

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

FB86EE00-3269-4746-8461-3DB664297094.JPG

@CO Surfer, Same question, are the bags some what water proof?

Nick213    585

The bags you see in the picture is a caring case, the bag inside of it that holds the lead is waterproof. 

InfinitySurf    262

Yep, on leadwake...same thing except bags are 50lbs instead of 40....and with handle in center. Canvas heavy duty bag....inside is the lead that is waterproofed and sealed

CO Surfer    289

My guess is that the Leadwake bags are a little easier to move around.  The steel shot inside the Cordura bag is enclosed in vinyl bags:  https://www.leadwake.com/pages/custom

i chose the Leadwake ones mostly because they're easy to move and appear to be of a stronger construction.  Yes, they seem to be quite waterproof.

InfinitySurf    262

I was gonna post a close up picture so you could see, but pic file is still larger than the max allowed....frustrating. But the bags are 10" x 12"...and couple inches thick. Yea, steel shot inside bag that feels like BB's, not actual lead. I left them in back of truck during a downpour by mistake. An hour of sun and completely dry on the heavy duty canvas which seems to also repel water unless it gets soaked and you can tell the steel shoot on inside is not getting wet from the feel of bag. Somewhere on the site I remember seeing that they are wrapped and sealed pretty well before sewn into that canvas.

Cwazy1    88

Wakeballast and leadwake are both cordura outer liners which WILL get wet and absorb water. The steel contents are protected by a waterproof sealed liner and will not rust or get wet. 

The pop bags have a nylon plastic outer liner which will NOT get wet and will NOT absorb water. It is open on one end and water could flow into that end. The steel contents are also protected by a waterproof sealed liner. 

CO Surfer    289

InfinitySurf, I email my larger photos to myself which allows me to downsize the file size and then use those photos to upload to the Crew.  Works well.

InfinitySurf    262

What do you use to downsize them? Do you use a program that I can download or buy to do that? I email the pics to myself also....but they all come out at about 5mb.

Thanks

CO Surfer    289

I'm using Hotmail.  It gives you an option of small, medium, full size before you send the file.

InfinitySurf    262

Ok, I can set up a hotmail account. So you email them from your phone thru hotmail account and as you add the pics it asks you what size to send them? Basically you use the hotmail account to email them to another email account of yours? Sorry for the dumb questions, just wanna be sure I do it right. Its been frustrating cause I am not a tech guy but knew there has to be a few ways to do it.

CO Surfer    289

I just tried it.  It definitely goes through my Hotmail account but I think it's actually an Apple deal.  I'm emailing them to myself from my iPad.  I just click on a photo and hit the email button and it gives me the option to change the file size.  May not work if you're not using an Apple based computer.

RhuntIII    557

On my apple I export my photos to a separate folder. When exporting you have the option to choose a file size (small, medium and large) I choose the medium size to upload on the site.

CO Surfer    289

Yep, just tried it on my work computer using my Hotmail acct.  Didn't work.  It's only when I do it using my iPad or iMac that it gives you the option to pick the file size.

I guess I'm always using one of those so I thought it was the Hotmail acct that was where the option was coming from.  Nope.