Sign in to follow this  
Skibumm

94 Falcon Project

Skibumm    184

Well I am at it again.  Started with the stereo delete and adding the WetSounds Bluetooth control switch.  Needed to add a switch hole for the WS.  This has now morphed into new dash panels being laser cut.  While I am at it I might as well replace the 24 year old switches.  Then decided to ditch the old fuse holders and replace with resettable breakers.  What the hell while they are laser cutting I might as well add more switches so the panels look the same on each side.  Can't have unused switches so am going to add LED interior lighting and underwater lighting.  I do have a couple of questions for the experts.  My dash panels were previously plastic and I had painted them about 10 years ago and it held up great but had a corner crack.  New ones are going to be aluminum.  I am thinking of scotch brighting them in one direction to give a smooth uniform texture then etching primer and paint and clear versus anodizing.  Looking at this route as the anodizing is more costly and the places I have found are over a month out to get me in.  Seeing as the paint has held up great previously is there any reason not to paint.  Second question is one of the switches was going to be stereo on off as I used to have it wired directly to power so I could play without the key and it simply shut off with my percko dual battery switch.  Adding the switch I could bypass having to shut off all the batteries.  The wetsounds blue tooth also has an on off so thinking I can wire it without the switch directly to power as it is easy to reach  to power off.  Any benefit to running a stereo switch?

I think we might have the same boat and same colors I am super interested in the dash panels upgrade any pictures would be great. This year I replaced three switches. 

IMG_2715.jpeg

Skibumm    184

yes we have the same boat except mine is the close bow version.  Dash is identical.  I wish I had taken pics of it prior to tearing it apart.

maybe you could share a pic of the finished dash since I already know the before.  I was thinking of cutting in switches on the right side.

hey skibumm do you know where the horn is mounted I check the switch and it checks out so the actual horn must be bad If you don't know... its cool  I will track it down this weekend  

Edited by jago bay baby

Skibumm    184

Mine is right under the helm about a foot away from my knees.  It is so weak that I never use it as I can whistle louder, hell I could fart louder than my horn.

Removed both side panels today as my LED strip lighting arrived.  Dang my boat is dirty behind the side boards.  Guess it will get a good cleaning now too.

• Like 1

slvrbulit    6

Skibumm,  Post some pictures when you can.  I am interested in this project.  I have a 1998 Elite ob that I would like to add LED lighting as well as stereo upgrade.

I will check there I am going to put in a load horn and maybe one that plays la cucaracha or the duke boys Dixie  

Skibumm    184

The waterproof led striip is going to be interesting to install. The sticky tape is not  going to adhere to the fiberglass on in inside of the gunnell. I'm hoping that adhesive silicone will keep it in place. Any other suggestion on how to keep it in place?

I used (very conservatively) liquid nails and It worked perfectly

Edited by jago bay baby

Skibumm    184

Last minute changes now.  Going to replace the clock with a depth finder with an Arimar thru hull transducer.  I know thru hull is scary but I am simply gong to remove my perfect pass paddle wheel (only used for water temp now nay way since I have star gazer with Z box.  The hole from the paddle wheel is the same size as the thru hull transducer so should be just a swap out.

Skibumm    184

The project is moving along. The dash is done. New aluminum panels, replaced all switches, added 4 new switches on the other side. One switch is the wetsounds Bluetooth switch. Replaced clock with depth finder. Tomorrow I will wire the underwater lights. Attach the interior led lights and replace my PP paddlewheel with the depth finder transducer. I would attach images but says files are too big

• Like 1

I am interested in how it turns out to bad you can't get pictures to post, but this is a project I will have to take up next winter as my boat goes in the water next weekend and stays there all summer

Skibumm    184

Every time I try to upload it freezes up IE.  PM me your number and I will text you some pics if you want

that looks great I am going to copy your design on the right side.  I just finished putting in a new horn -went with a regular style nothing fancy but its loud --safety first

Skibumm    184

The hole in the right is for the wires that connect my portable Satellite radio.  I have a mount that goes right above that so it is barely visible

Skibumm    184

Once finished I will send you  pics of the final.  One thing I have added is a jump seat behind the drivers seat and it was a great add.  It has storage underneath that I can put more stuff in than I thought it would hold too.  Here is a write up that the company that did my interior did so you can see the jump seat.http://www.sewlong.com/project/94-ski-centurion-falcon-xp-full-upholstery-carpet

Nick213    583
4 hours ago, Skibumm said:

IMG.jpg

You have all that space on the right panel.... is it big enough for a iPad mini?

If so that would be a perfect spot for it and just download all your music to the iPad, if you use the GoPro app it's nice to watch video on to ;)