Sign in to follow this  
Skibumm

94 Falcon Project

RhuntIII    555
18 minutes ago, Nick213 said:

You have all that space on the right panel.... is it big enough for a iPad mini?

If so that would be a perfect spot for it and just download all your music to the iPad, if you use the GoPro app it's nice to watch video on to ;)

Listen to you. Very cool Idea. You can also down load the navonics app for you lake charts and building tracks.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Excellent work Skibumm 

Skibumm    184
14 hours ago, Nick213 said:

You have all that space on the right panel.... is it big enough for a iPad mini?

If so that would be a perfect spot for it and just download all your music to the iPad, if you use the GoPro app it's nice to watch video on to ;)

I looked at that but not enough room to fit an iPad mini. 

Skibumm    184

Interior accent LEDs are in and the job all but done.  Only have interior to put back in but am going to pull the boat out and power wash the carpet prior to putting it back together.  The thing I did seemed to build on the " I'm going to be doing this so I might as well do this".  All this started with a simple stereo delete.  Here's what I ended up doing:

• Replaced Dash Panels with laser cut aluminum $89.00
    • Painted a metallic grey w/ clear coat $12.00
    • All new switches and replaced the fuses with circuit breakers $128.00
    • Added 4 switches to the right side dash panel that previously had nothing there
  • Removed stereo head unit and replaced with WS Bluetooth rocker switch $99.00
  • Added Red life form 6 underwater lights $512.00
  • Added Red LED accents under gunnels and under helm and under the closed bow (so it could have light not for accent).$16.00
  • Grand total $856.00 Yea I would never get that out of this boat but then again I don't see myself ever selling it as it is only worth maybe $10,000.  But you will not see a better looking 24 year old centurion.

Crap I just remembered that I have to add two cup holders to hide the holes in the dash from the previous stereo where the wires went to under the dash.  Oh well it never ends

IMG_1741.jpg

• Like 2

nice work skibumm   when I bought my falcon I thought it was going to be my first boat and upgrade in a few years but now having her I don't think I can ever part with her having an older boat is work and I think I like it. we run her hard all summer and then baby her all winter this year I put in tower lights, int. led lights, a new fly wheel, serviced velvet drive, a few switches, a new horn, drain plug light, and traction pad on the stern. she goes in the water tomorrow for the next 4 months :)

• Like 1

Skibumm    184

Yea I will not get rid of mine either.  I bought it new for $14,500 I might have added another $3,000 in upgrades over the years so it has cost me less than $1,000 a year for the boat (not including maintenance). My wife thinks we should get another boat and just keep both but we have enough boats in the family that are sport specific from slalom to surfing we are covered.  I have been thinking of seeing if I can order the sea deck stuff that says centurion on it for the top of the Gunnels on the side, and then custom order a matching part to go on the very back top deck where I have three plastic traction pieces on each side.  I wish that when I re=carpeted that I would have done seadeck in instead but that can go in next time.

• Like 1

I bought some traction pad from agenda surf to go on the back top deck exactly what you are talking about and removed the three black plastic rails. I have two young kids and they climb all over the boat like monkeys so we will see if the traction pad holds up over the summer. I took before pics and tonight I will take some after pics and share  color = snow camo

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

There is a website called....marinedeckfactory.com....its out of China. They sell direct in different colors (there is a minimum order), but if you are handy and can cut and install yourself, you can redo entire boat for $500 for all the "SeaDeck" and the shipping. Guy on WW did it and it looks great. At some point I am gonna order some to replace the carpet in my lockers and under all seats....and to add strips to gunnels like mentioned cause when docked, that is where everyone steps to board. Plus my boat is black, so will help cut down on the heat factor and limit scratches.

Timr71    30
On 5/13/2017 at 10:47 AM, Skibumm said:

I looked at that but not enough room to fit an iPad mini. 

You can fit a GPS unit there.  That's what I did when I re-did my dash in my Falcon.  

See: 

IMG_1508J_small.jpg

On 5/18/2017 at 1:30 PM, Skibumm said:

Yea I will not get rid of mine either.  I bought it new for $14,500 I might have added another $3,000 in upgrades over the years so it has cost me less than $1,000 a year for the boat (not including maintenance). My wife thinks we should get another boat and just keep both but we have enough boats in the family that are sport specific from slalom to surfing we are covered.  I have been thinking of seeing if I can order the sea deck stuff that says centurion on it for the top of the Gunnels on the side, and then custom order a matching part to go on the very back top deck where I have three plastic traction pieces on each side.  I wish that when I re=carpeted that I would have done seadeck in instead but that can go in next time.

I talked to Gator Step today about getting Centurion logo custom made decking for the back of my boat.  They have the logos, but they asked that I get permission to have it used on custom work, not the premade stuff that they have.  We'll see if it's allowed.  I have it kind of designed in my mind.  

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Nice install with the GPS unit. I ran one of those on my duck boat and was very pleased. Also check out the Navionics boat app for your phone. This is what I use on my Surf Boat. I run my phone/ipod/gps to a charging cable and mounted it in a similar location.

https://www.navionics.com/usa/apps/navionics-boating

Skibumm    184
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Timr1019 said:

You can fit a GPS unit there.  That's what I did when I re-did my dash in my Falcon.  

See: 

IMG_1508J_small.jpg

I talked to Gator Step today about getting Centurion logo custom made decking for the back of my boat.  They have the logos, but they asked that I get permission to have it used on custom work, not the premade stuff that they have.  We'll see if it's allowed.  I have it kind of designed in my mind.  

Let me know what they say.  What does the back deck of yours look like?  I wonder if it is the same as mine.

hey skibumm here is what i did last summer it held up good all summer we will see how it does this summer - its almost time the boat goes in the water on April 30th and comes out around halloween

before.jpg

after.jpg

Edited by jago bay baby

Timr71    30

Mine looks like the one in Jago Baby's pic too.  So far no response from Centurion, but I found the Gatorstep rep on Facebook, so I'm going to communicate with him and see if I can make some progress.  

Jago - how hard was the template creation process?  I want one piece shaped like a U to go over those triangle areas where the original 3 wood slats were and up the sides to about where the red color stops.  

I taped 3 foot wide butcher paper down that i found in the kids room and traced it -  had to use separate piece for the sides