Sign in to follow this  
Specialblend07

New member '15 S226

MFaso    56
9 minutes ago, Specialblend07 said:

Yeah Like H said, I'll try it first and see what happens. I believe this is what I'd need https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-divider-panel-saver.html But can't I just buy these at a hardware store?

Also, I saw you're in Orono? My GF and I are on Harrisons, we go out pretty much every day in the summer. You'll probably see us at Fletchers or at Big.

You could buy steel at home depot but honestly, 3 like that plus the screws and bolts aren't going to really save you much. It might even be more expensive. Maybe steel from another store is cheaper but I've bought it from home depot and it wasn't cheap at all.

33 minutes ago, MFaso said:

You could buy steel at home depot but honestly, 3 like that plus the screws and bolts aren't going to really save you much. It might even be more expensive. Maybe steel from another store is cheaper but I've bought it from home depot and it wasn't cheap at all.

I was more thinking to just save transit time is all.

Dandy    43
6 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Christina got back to me on the FAE. As for install, it appears mine mounts to the drain plug as well. Is this something I can do in a relatively short amount of time? I believe I have to silicone up some old holes and what not but wasn't sure on what else is need for install. Don't really want to drill a bunch of holes in the transom.

I just worked on installing my FAE this last weekend.  Mine was not sent with the drain plug mount, but the trim tab mounts - same concept.  If done correctly, you would not need to drill any holes in your boat.  You will simply need to remove the existing screws/bolts that line up with the bracket from FAE and then reinstall them.  You will need a small container of marine below waterline adhesive/sealant to put onto the screws/bolts when you reinstall them.  Cross your fingers for them being screws, we had to remove 2 thru-hull bolts and getting to the nuts on the backside were terrible, we had to remove all of the engine dividers and a battery to get access to the lower part of the hull.  This stated, alot of people will remove the screws and thru-bolt them after they know that everything is installed properly to strengthen the mounts.  

Our installation was not nearly as easy as I expected and the final measurements did not come out within FAE spec. I did a write up for them and they are reviewing it and will be recommendation what I should do different or will make a new unit if they manufactured it incorrectly.  Ours was a fully welded unit, so I have no way to adjust as I could with a 3 piece.  The service over there has been pretty great.  If you read the instruction ahead of time, already have your sealant purchased, have all the necessary tools, screws and not thru-bolts and everything fits correctly you are probably only looking at +/- 2 hours for install.  

Nolance    18
5 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Yeah Like H said, I'll try it first and see what happens. I believe this is what I'd need https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-divider-panel-saver.html But can't I just buy these at a hardware store?

Also, I saw you're in Orono? My GF and I are on Harrisons, we go out pretty much every day in the summer. You'll probably see us at Fletchers or at Big.

Nice...Are you on the lake?  We live across the street from Crystal Bay.  If you're ever on Shadywood (cty rd 19) you'll see our Black/silver 226 in the driveway.  Most of our lake time is done on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings.  We do most of are surfing on North Arm when its not too crowded and hang out at Fletcher's quite a bit.  Big Island is a little hit or miss. We look forward to running in to ya to say hello and compare notes.

Nolance    18
5 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Nice...Are you on the lake?  We live across the street from Crystal Bay.  If you're ever on Shadywood (cty rd 19) you'll see our Black/silver 226 in the driveway.  Most of our lake time is done on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings.  We do most of are surfing on North Arm when its not too crowded and hang out at Fletcher's quite a bit.  Big Island is a little hit or miss. We look forward to running in to ya to say hello and compare notes.

IMG_1143.JPG

15 hours ago, Nolance said:

Yeah, we're on Harrisons right by the Seton Channel. I take 19 everyday to and from work, so I'm very familiar with the area. I'll keep an eye out tonight for your boat! We also do a lot of hanging out in North Arm. I'm installing the 1100 sac tomorrow I'll report back with how it worked. Don't see many Supremes out there so it'd be nice to run into another one!

Also, changing gears..... I noticed my left quick fill switch doesn't light up when I press it. Could this be a fuse? I heard the connection could have come loose as well. What should I check, and where do I look?

16 hours ago, Nolance said:

Hmm... My first reply isn't showing up..

But yes, we're on Harrisons right by the Seton Channel. I drive on 19 everyday so I'll keep a lookout! We spend a lot of time cruising in North Arm, and also hanging out in Forest Lake and whatever others bays aren't packed if we're not at Big dealing with that debauchery. It'll be nice to get with another Supreme owner out there! I'm installing that 1100 sac tomorrow and will report back on the change in wave.

Also, I noticed my left Quick Fill switch isn't lighting up when I press it. Is there a fuse, or a connection somewhere I can check to make sure all is well? The boat isn't on a lift yet, and the water is fricken freezing so I can't look to see if they're opening or what.

16 hours ago, Nolance said:

Hmm... My first reply isn't showing up..

But yes, we're on Harrisons right by the Seton Channel. I drive on 19 everyday so I'll keep a lookout! We spend a lot of time cruising in North Arm, and also hanging out in Forest Lake and whatever others bays aren't packed if we're not at Big dealing with that debauchery. It'll be nice to get with another Supreme owner out there! I'm installing that 1100 sac tomorrow and will report back on the change in wave.

Also, I noticed my left Quick Fill switch isn't lighting up when I press it. Is there a fuse, or a connection somewhere I can check to make sure all is well? The boat isn't on a lift yet, and the water is fricken freezing so I can't look to see if they're opening or what.

Well I just found out my Drain Masters aren't working! I can hear the motors but the valve isn't moving.......

InfinitySurf    302

On mounting it to the transom plug assembly....same concept. You dont have to drill new holes in your transom, you use the existing holes around the plug assembly. On mine, just had to cut the metal bracket to correct size that they sent....and then drill a hole for the bolt. All fairly simply, but time consuming if you take the time to triple check measurements. Nice to have a 2nd person to hold FAE in place while you are measuring the placement. They do send good instructions and their customer service is on top of things.

49faith    4
15 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Well I just found out my Drain Masters aren't working! I can hear the motors but the valve isn't moving.......

That's a bummer. The Drain Masters in my 21 were shot right out if the box too. The Valterras are perfect so far, they just take up so much more room. 

The fuse, if you didn't find it, is right under the steering wheel, probably bundled up with other wires. Trace the switches and you'll see the inline white fuse holder.

Well I also managed to pop the lower divider bracket out with the 1100 bag full. The screws are tiny and I can see why. 

However the wave is NICE!

51766FBA-9F8D-4E95-9561-9E425EA0D34B_zps

Edited by Specialblend07
  • Like 1

h20king    794
28 minutes ago, Specialblend07 said:

Well I also managed to pop the lower divider bracket out with the 1100 bag full. The screws are tiny and I can see why. 

However the wave is NICE!

51766FBA-9F8D-4E95-9561-9E425EA0D34B_zps

You need to watch the bags when filling. If you are waiting for water to come out the vents you will always have problems with a larger than factory sack 

Gotcha. Yeah Friday was OK, but yesterday I think I filled it a little more than what I should have. I'm going to get some bigger screws and see if that might help. 

h20king    794
14 minutes ago, Specialblend07 said:

Is there anyway to keep the front down when trying to surf? I noticed it rides pretty high

You should have trim at 15 -20 % and 250  - 300  lbs of lead up front in the bow if running listed 

Edited by h20king

2 hours ago, h20king said:

You should have trim at 15 -20 % and 250  - 300  lbs of lead up front in the bow if running listed 

I was running the port 1100lb bag nearly full, trim at 75% and maybe 1.5 minutes filling the center ballast tank. No other weight was used. The boat was definitely listed, but the front was also high. Had to stand up while driving.

I was hoping to not need to add weight up front, but if that's what people are doing than I guess that's that.

h20king    794

Yep you need to have the center tank completely full plus a couple hundred extra pounds in the bow and trim at 15 -20% and you should be good. 

Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

Ok so was on the boat all weekend and have a few questions...again

So being this is my first inboard boat I just want to check to make sure some things I've noticed are normal. So clearly they make more drive line noise than and I/O or outboard... When I'm stopped, crank the wheel and hit the throttle it's MUCH louder (drive line/trans noise) than if I'm just going straight from a stop and hit it. Even my girlfriend noticed the noise and mentioned it didn't sound normal. Not sure if this is expected, or makes sense??

When I'm driving I have to keep the trim tab at 100% otherwise it porpoises very bad. Is this also normal? Obviously it isn't a big deal, just want to make sure driving at WOT with the trim tab at 100% isn't going to cause issues in the long run. This is with zero weight in any of the tanks.

Also, somehow the front starboard speaker is blown which I have no idea how, and the deck is showing "Low Power" and I can't play music anymore.. Has this happened to anyone before? My battery voltage is showing a touch over 13.5. It did rain over the weekend while we were out so the deck could have gotten wet.