Sign in to follow this  
prorider17

I could really use some member help in setting up my stereo!!

prorider17    30

I was recently gifted two new Rockford Fosgate (RF) M400-4D amps. Within the next few weeks, I plan on swapping out my cockpit speakers too. 

Boat: 2005 Centurion Lightning C4 wakeboard boat.
Current setup -

Zone 1 - non-amplified 4 cockpit speakers, 1 sub w/ amp.
Zone 2 - 4 tower speakers powered by 2 amps (1 amp per two speakers. They're baby MTX amps).
Head unit: Fusion RA-70N

Goal is to use one of my new RF amps for the 4 new cockpit speakers (DB652), and replace the existing 2 amps powering my tower speakers with the other RF amp.

I'd like zone 1 to be the 4 M400-4D amplified cockpit speakers, in addition to the existing amplified sub.

I'd like zone 2 to be the 4 tower speakers, driven off of the single RF M400-4D amp.

Only problem is that my RA-70N head unit only has one set of RCAs on it, I believe.

Anyone able to shed some setup strategy?

Wylie_Tunes    138

You will need to wire in a hi level speaker output to low level RCA converter, like the fusion HL-02 or Kicker KISLOC, in order to have pair of zone 2 RCAs. Depending on the amp model, you may be able to wire the hi level speaker leads directly to the amp. Some allow for this and an RCA is not actually needed. 

What are your current tower speakers and the amp models driving them. The m400-4 is only 75W x 4 at 4 ohm. Are you gaining anything by making this change? 

• Like 1

prorider17    30

I don't think I'm gaining as much as I am cleaning up the tower setup. Right now, the tower has 2 MTX MUD100.2 amps. However, the wiring to them is all wrong.

Wylie_Tunes    138
1 hour ago, prorider17 said:

MTX MUD100.2 amps.

One of these will power the 4 pods at the same wattage as. 50X to each speaker. The m400.4 offers a little more wattage, but not likely an audible difference. Matching amps always looks good.