1rusty68

I need a used Enzo, what's the better ballast, tower, and ProVision

1rusty68    1

I need to pull the trigger on a different boat some time this year. I have maxed out my 02 Wakesetter 23 XTI with ballast, surf gates, etc. Primary needs in order are:

1st - better surf (including goofy side)

2nd - better (and dryer) rough water ride.

3rd - at least 22 foot

So with about a 50k budget and reading every wakesurf review and scouring forums all winter I have a list of 3 options that seem to consistently meet my needs.

1 - Centurion Enzo SV230, 2009 to 2012ish

2 - Supreme 226 (used 226's are like a needle in a hay stack)

3- Tige RZ2

I am really leaning towards a SV230 but I just don't know what the better years for ballast and how much ProVision 1&2 or Touchvision makes a difference. To be clear I will be doing three mods to any of these boats.

1 - Malibu style surf gates and rams (I can bang these out fairly quick now that we have done a few)

2 - Pulling the rear hard tanks to put in the biggest bags I can fit.

3 - Fab an A-Symetrical wing plate (and ram if it doesn't have one) since me and about half my crew are goofy foot.

If I do a SV230 is it better to do pre 2010 without ramfill if I'm doing Enzo or custom bags? I have read posts on here that said the ramfill tanks take up storage but I don't understand where subfloor ballast changes that. Does it change the size of the rear lockers at all? Or can I do a post 2010 and 1100 lb or bigger custom bags? Wakemakers doesn't list a 1100 lb bag for post 2010 SV230 so I don't know if that because of the Ramfill or the lockers are different. I don't like the pre 2009 towers and it's seems like about 2012 is where I start to exceed my budget. But they only did the ProVision 1 for one year is the Provision 2 that much better and is it worth stretching to 2013 for the Touchvision? I would love to stretch the budget to get the CATs system since I'm goofy foot, but I don't think I can go that far. The part of my shop where I usually park my boat is only 26'-6" deep so I would like to stay under that. I have looked at the Avalanche C4 as another option since some posts on here have said the goofy side is a little easier to dial in, but I like the extras that the Enzo offers and the Enzo just seems to set the bar for surfing, especially in older boats. These forums have been a huge help for information. Thanks in advance for any advice.

DrNate    426

Well I can't speak to the Tige or the Supreme, but I have a 2011 Enzo 240 and these are my thoughts:

The Enzo's from 2011 to 2013 had "Quick Fills" which are different than RamFill. The Quick fills do not take up any storage space and you can fit 1100's in the rear lockers. The only thing that an Enzo needs for the goofy side is an asymetrical wake plate (which some of them came with, I think) and if it doesn't have it would be a WAY easier mod than some of the other things (surf gates and rams) that you have mentioned.

Pre 2011 the Enzo's had just large compartments to easily fit Enzo sacks, which is also a nice way to go. (No valves to fail)

So if I were you I would be looking for a 2008-2013 Enzo depending on your budget. Only mod needed would be plug and play ballast and A-plate if it doesn't already have it.

Good luck in your search, I'm sure others will chime in.

Also, after re-reading your post I will mention that I have the ProVision dash (1, I think, maybe 2, I can't remember). Anyway, it is the non-touch screen one but I have never had a problem with it, knock on wood

Edited by DrNate

1rusty68    1

Thanks for clearing up the subfloor ballast questions. Sounds like sub floor ballast doesn't really have a down side, besides one more valve that you need to maintain. Any pros or cons to the ProVision 1 to the ProVision 2? Did the gladiator tower change at all from 2009 to 2012?

Bongo Fury    640

I echo what DrNate said above....also take a look at 233's....it is the same hull as the 230 but has the more cab forward design that gives you a bigger feel but does reduce the size of the bow. I'm bias....love my 233!

1rusty68    1

When did they start the SV233, was it about 2013? So the 233 is a little bigger and slightly different layout? Did they make any SV230 with CATS or was that not until later models? Also, the FX22 seems to price just a little lower than a SV230 but I have read they are not quite as good in rough water due to the lower and wider bow?

Bongo Fury    640

233 is not bigger overall...hull is the same... ...its just cab forward so the bow is reduced and the back of the boat is bigger. My 2013 CATS was not available.

1rusty68    1

Is the Avalanche C4 surf capabilities that much different from a Enzo? They are definitely cheaper than a 230 but they are also a little smaller and less options right?

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

CATS and Ramfill first year is 2014

DrNate    426

Is the Avalanche C4 surf capabilities that much different from a Enzo? They are definitely cheaper than a 230 but they are also a little smaller and less options right?

They are a little smaller, but the hull is completely different. You have to really slam and Avy to get a great wave but it is good on both sides.

1rusty68    1

When did they go to swivel board racks, or was that just an option? Dumb question, but those things are expensive.

When did they go to swivel board racks, or was that just an option? Dumb question, but those things are expensive.

Swivels were always an option. They are expensive to add after the fact if they are not ordered initially.

WakeDoc    471

Look at a SV240 Enzo as well, 2010 was the first year of provision and the Gladiator tower. Prior to 2010 was analog/digital dash with only Double Up or Evolution tower available. The Double up is about the same height as the Gladiator with the Evolution being much lower. 2010 was also the last year before they began to offer Quick Fill. Getting ready to fire up a couple of cases of sanded pooter with the next comment. IMHO the quick fill did a slight disservice to the Enzo line. Side by side I found that a Quick fill vs. a non-quick fill boat, set up the same way, the non-quick fill had a bigger wake with more power, not an over the top difference but, noticeable to me. The under floor ballast passed the seat base towards the center of the boat, this caused a counter balance compared to the non-quick fill. What I found is that a lot of owners were either putting extra lead weight in the back corner or adding a 150lb. Flyhigh on the swim platform. I have spent time in every model and still prefer the 2010 and 2008 Enzo we have owned wakes to any of the newer Enzo series. As for the FS/FX22, I would cross it off your list, free board is really low and it is hard to get just right for surfing. Another note on the SV240 we ride port side with only a 1400lb. custom sac if we have 5 or more people in the boat if not we put a 400lb. on the port seat aka two 200lb. crew members. Pictures are 1400lb. custom sac plus 400lb. on seat with 2 male + 2 female in the boat. As for the goofy side, well, we just don't care since we don't roll that way. Could not if we wanted to since the sac is laying in the garage...LOL!

14188206_10202140753797705_2638866678909549150_o.jpg 14203259_10209491737037642_7392978201026359034_n.jpg 14206061_10202140754357719_3557705705547536310_o.jpg 14258238_10202140754437721_1971746513841448522_o.jpg

RhuntIII    555

The ole' Avy mine slams hard and with the 911 she'll drag your tush all day long but she is a 2002 and with the walkthrough transom, we only list port. The salon fills up quickly with my family of 5 and friends so I'm looking into a bigger boat. Think about how many people you might be dragging. Don't rule out an Avy and the extra clams to rig her out.

22' with a 100" beam, standard bow.

DrNate    426

I hear what you are saying WakeDoc, and I only take a small exception. In my experience, the only time my 2011 wave was not as good as your 2010 was when one (or both) of my QuickFill crappy Drainmaster gates wasn't working properly. Now, granted, his happens quite a lot and it absolutely makes the wave suck. But when it works right it's the same amount of weight that you have in almost the same places.

I suppose in order to prove our points we both need to ride them back to back. Of course, I'd be down for that experiment!

• Like 1

WakeDoc    471

It's ON!!! 2017 CCC Weekend

• Like 1

DrNate    426

It's ON!!! 2017 CCC Weekend

Sounds good. We should hire an independent panel to fill out secret ballots :). That would be assuming I have my Valterra valves in by then, of course.

Edited by DrNate

Dreamer    96

I owned an 2007 SV230 and if I was a goofy rider I would not purchase that boat without the reverse rotation drive. We are all regular riders but a bunch of my friends ride goofy and we could never get a wake with similar push. It will clean up nice with some extra lead in the boat and listed to the point of water coming in the vents but it just won't get the power at the back of the wake that the port side gets. There aren't many boats that can put out a port side wake like the Enzo's can but one with a regular (LH I think) prop would not be my choice for a "goofy side first" boat.

doug743    53

i have had an 09 sv230, great boat no pro vision dash, and i liked not having it, best boat, with little issues and you can add dual pumps and fill an enzo sake fast. downfall, motor, goofy wave a lot harder to set up and missing the interior benefits from the sv233,sv244. i then bought a sv244. loved the boat, but hated the valve system in 2012, total mess, took forever to fill and did not want to junk the valve system to add pumps. liked the factory idea to stay the same so resale was not an issue. the electronic never gave me any issues and never had a single problem with the boat. both my 230 and 244 had a gladiator tower and worked great. Now a new fs44 2015. second year ram fill, no issues, love the speed to fill, we don't use the quick surf, but have it. my favorite boat, and love it so much we are not getting an r1257. the larger the boat the better, makes for a really comfortable day. The only issue i have had is a touch screen failure causing thing to turn on and off. been replaced and works great, but need to reflash the firmware to fix the "stuck in metric issue" on my water temp and depth. I would look for a 2014 sv244 as the perfect boat, without the stupid valves. Should be able to find one at a reasonable price. either way, the sv233, or sv244 are really great boats and you cant beat the options and layout for the cash

doug743    53

oh, other thing, i have had Bu's and my neighbors all have different boats, the idea that centurion is not "up to par" to the other brands is really stupid. these boats are rock solid, ride rough water better than any other boat i have ever been on and have the finest gel coat in the market. don't let anyone tell you they are inferior, we end up on our boat over my neighbors mxc22, supra se and mojo even to wakeboard because the boat is so easy to set up and forgiving with a bunch of people in it.