257Tsunami

New Member, New to Centurion, New Ri257

257Tsunami    50

chowder - Let me know what prop you're running when you check if you could. I'm curious to know.

Darkside - I'm wondering if you couldn't get by with the 2833. You'd be 16x15.5 with .105 cup. That extra cup and .5" pitch might give you the extra top end your looking for and probably wouldn't hurt your surf performance all that much.

chowder2016    110
chowder - Let me know what prop you're running when you check if you could. I'm curious to know.

Darkside - I'm wondering if you couldn't get by with the 2833. You'd be 16x15.5 with .105 cup. That extra cup and .5" pitch might give you the extra top end your looking for and probably wouldn't hurt your surf performance all that much.

Just checked it. Acme 2829 16x15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheels    151

257tsunami, are you still buying the same 257? Looks like its back up for sale on the web?

257Tsunami    50

257tsunami, are you still buying the same 257? Looks like its back up for sale on the web?

Funny you should mention that. The deal they had pending on the Black/Blue 257 (the one we really wanted) fell through this week, so they gave me first dibs and I scooped it up this morning. As if we weren't stoked before, now we are SUPER STOKED. The White/Silver one actually looks really good in person. The pictures don't do it justice. But I'm really happy we ended up getting the one we wanted. Here's some pics to make this thread legit FINALLY. I'll get better pics when we do our lake test and take it home on the 13th. On another note, I brought my MXZ up to them this morning. Ended up driving through a massive snow storm. Needless to say, I hit up the carwash when I got into town. Man did I ever get some funny looks on the highway. I wanted to cry the whole time. But I had it wrapped good so it faired well on the journey.

2vl6rlw.jpg

4i2ddi.jpg

qq8mkl.jpg

dr7eck.jpg

I really have to say....... I knew I was impressed with the new Ri's, but after walking through this boat this morning, Centurion really has gone all out. The fit and finish of this boat is incredible. They've put metal in places where they could've cheaped out and put thin plastic. They really didn't spare any expenses with this boat. I really am impressed. I hope we're as impressed when we actually get it out on the water....... I'm sure it'll blow us away.

In regards to the prop, it has the 16x13 on it. But they'll swap it out for whatever I want. I'm 99% the 16x13 is complete overkill for the XR7, even at 3500'. Our lake is only at 2600' so I'm going to have to decide what to get.

Edited by 257Tsunami
  • Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Great looking boat. I love that blue color...my boat is the same shade of blue and also has a lot of black. Black sucks mid summer cause its so hot to the touch, but you cant beat how great it looks when its shined up! Congrats, awesome boat

wheels    151

That's awesome. I picked my ri up from Kelowna last week but ordered it through calmar and had to take my lsv up the coquihalla to drop it off. I spent 3 hours wrapping up the boat scared of the roads but had pretty much sunshine the whole way. I had them keep me the shipping cover for the centurion for the tow home and they did an amazing job wrapping up the trailer for the ride home it didn't even have a pice of dirt on it on the way home.i hit almost every type of weather on the way home. 3b0b03b9b1f33da3dde81d1662ea5e98.jpg

Edited by wheels
  • Like 1

MistyCreek    3

If anyone out there with the xr7 has a chance to try out the 16x15.5, I would love to hear of the results. Our 257 is scheduled to spray next week. Getting pretty excited. Our dealer is saying the 16x15 is going to be tough to beat. But, I would love to lower the rpms as much as possible without entering the "lugging" zone. We run from an altitude as high as 6500' to as low as 3600 or so at Lake Powell.

257Tsunami    50

That's awesome. I picked my ri up from Kelowna last week but ordered it through calmar and had to take my lsv up the coquihalla to drop it off. I spent 3 hours wrapping up the boat scared of the roads but had pretty much sunshine the whole way. I had them keep me the shipping cover for the centurion for the tow home and they did an amazing job wrapping up the trailer for the ride home it didn't even have a pice of dirt on it on the way home.i hit almost every type of weather on the way home. 3b0b03b9b1f33da3dde81d1662ea5e98.jpg

What LSV did you trade? They do a wicked job of wrapping their boats for travelling in poor weather. I bought my MXZ in the Kelowna store and hauled it back home through Rogers Pass in the middle of December. Not so much as a single rock chip in the trailer. The service manager in their Kelowna store is top notch.

If anyone out there with the xr7 has a chance to try out the 16x15.5, I would love to hear of the results. Our 257 is scheduled to spray next week. Getting pretty excited. Our dealer is saying the 16x15 is going to be tough to beat. But, I would love to lower the rpms as much as possible without entering the "lugging" zone. We run from an altitude as high as 6500' to as low as 3600 or so at Lake Powell.

That is actually the prop I'm really leaning towards. I might try it on my lake test. If it doesn't work out I know I can quickly swap it for the 16x15 and be in the clear. From everything I'm hearing, a guy could probably go higher than 15.5. There will be a lot of trial and error with the 257's this year. I'm glad Darkside will be 50 hours ahead of most of us to figure it all out. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

wheels    151

What LSV did you trade? They do a wicked job of wrapping their boats for travelling in poor weather. I bought my MXZ in the Kelowna store and hauled it back home through Rogers Pass in the middle of December. Not so much as a single rock chip in the trailer. The service manager in their Kelowna store is top notch.

That is actually the prop I'm really leaning towards. I might try it on my lake test. If it doesn't work out I know I can quickly swap it for the 16x15 and be in the clear. From everything I'm hearing, a guy could probably go higher than 15.5. There will be a lot of trial and error with the 257's this year. I'm glad Darkside will be 50 hours ahead of most of us to figure it all out. :thumbsup:

I traded In the 2015 blue lsv. It has been on Their website for a while. They were trying to sell it for me before my boat came in, I factory ordered mine. It did not sell so we just went with the trade in deal. Yeah jeff is awesome and all the boys at both stores are top notch. My decision to buy a ri was greatly upon how Malibu screwed them last year.

Darkside    248

I absolutely love that blue and black. I just can't sell the boss on it. 16x13 on a 550 is locomotive status! Seriously I keep 1000# of lead on board and with 5 adults and 2 kids, the 16x15 was effortless on an H6.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

carguy79ta    67

Darkside it sounds like you are sold on the 16x15. I will run full stock ballast with 6 crew..for now. will investigate lead later on the year. I am going to change my prop to tje 16x15 you are running. it sounds like a 17in prop is not required.

257Tsunami    50

I absolutely love that blue and black. I just can't sell the boss on it. 16x13 on a 550 is locomotive status! Seriously I keep 1000# of lead on board and with 5 adults and 2 kids, the 16x15 was effortless on an H6. Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It really is a sharp looking boat. Especially with the Black Metal Flake on the deck. I'm excited to see how it looks on the water. My wife said to me last night "so will this new boat let me surf a lot further back from the back of the boat than the MXZ"? I chuckled a bit and replied "we are going to start keeping the slalom rope in the boat again. That will be your new surf rope. Any questions."

Guys I think I'm going to have them put the 2833 (16x15.5 .105 Cup) on for the lake test. We'll load it up and see how it does. I feel like it'll still be more than enough.

Edited by 257Tsunami
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

Did you put it under blacklight to make sure no one got "too excited" about it?

wheels    151

Did you put it under blacklight to make sure no one got "too excited" about it?

lol, sure looks that way hey. Hopefully the only one that got too excited was me when I unwrapped her and saw her for the first time.

257Tsunami    50

We picked up our 257 yesterday. It was 6* (C) and raining. So needless to say, the lake test was short. WOW, is all I can say. From the shear size of that beast, to how it handles, to the overall fit and finish, to the power of the XR7, to the size and shape of the wave (out of the box). The whole package has blown me away. The boat handles extremely well. It really doesn't feel like it is anywhere near the size it is when you're at the helm. We did have an issue during the lake test with the Ramfill valves not opening or closing. It turned out to be a software issue. They reinstalled the software with the updated version and everything was fixed. We ended up lake testing with the 16x13 (ACME 2907) prop. You could barely tell the difference between empty and full ballast with that prop. The boat planed out with full ballast including PnP (No Bow Bag), and impressively quick I might add. I didn't think there was any chance of getting on plane with that much weight, regardless of engine choice. We hit 37 MPH which I wasn't expecting with that prop. I'm still going to swap out props as the 16 x 13 is just plain excessive. I think there will be some fuel savings with little to no sacrifice in performance. I haven't had a lot of time to play with the boat yet, but I did spend some time going through it this afternoon. I'm really impressed with Centurion. This boat is extremely well put together. We can't wait to start putting some hours on it. I do have a couple of questions. Wondering if anybody here can answer them.

1. If I pull the garbage can out of its pocket, there are 2 wires with connectors on the floor (see below image). They aren't connected to anything. Does anybody know what those wires are for?

IMG_7993.JPG.e0f956454041c2b94b33be4b9be2c838.JPG

2. My bow bag (Center PnP) is on order as the dealer hadn't received it yet when we picked up the boat. My understanding is that the 257's come from the factory plumbed for the bow bag whether you order the bag or not. Where is this plumbing? I had a good look through the boat and can't find anything that looks like PnP plumbing for the bow.

Fivebar2    176

The 257 is just an incredible machine. I can't say enough good things about this boat. I'm not sure you need the bow bags. I've been able to produce an incredible wave without (at first I was skeptical). Just my two cents 

257Tsunami    50
5 hours ago, Fivebar2 said:

The 257 is just an incredible machine. I can't say enough good things about this boat. I'm not sure you need the bow bags. I've been able to produce an incredible wave without (at first I was skeptical). Just my two cents 

Everything I have read and seen points towards not needing the bow bag. It was part of the package though so I might as well make sure the boats ready to use it. You never know what the future will bring.  

Fivebar2    176
2 hours ago, 257Tsunami said:

Everything I have read and seen points towards not needing the bow bag. It was part of the package though so I might as well make sure the boats ready to use it. You never know what the future will bring.  

Makes sense. When I ordered mine, the bow bags weren't an option. I was worried that I would need them (I used them on my 237) but the wave is just perfect without them.

carguy79ta    67

I ordered the bow sac...wont have it till end of june...I think mine is the last 17 they are making..lol.  oh well took the axis out yesterday.  surfed, stereo, 70deg water, 83 deg air...Awesome!!!

• Like 1