Hyperryd

Gator Step/ Sea Dek style teak flooring for $500

Hyperryd    6

I'm working on a flooring project for my boat. It has glue in carpet and I hate it. Thought I would share it with you guys. I have a tough time posting pics here. I have it posted at wake garage. Check it out!

InfinitySurf    302

I had to get an app on my phone called "tapatalk"....but then its super easy to upload and post pics.

Looking good man. I can see the pic above, but the link says you must login to view pics

Hyperryd    6

I tried tapatalk a while back and didn't care for it. Maybe I'll go back and check it out. You might want to register over there at WG too. They have Centurion stuff too. Lots of cool projects. I'll post back some more pics when I get back to my computer.

InfinitySurf    302

You mind telling me where you ordered that flooring? You said you found a great deal on it...and $510 for entire boat including shipping is great pricing if you got the time to do the work. My hat is off to you on this one for sure (I saw your post on WW too)....

Anyway, my Centurion already has some of this down in the grey/black color on the swim step and walk-thru on transom...but at dock, people always step on the side gunnel rails to step in and I was thinking it would be really nice to put some in a few places on top of gunnel. Not only would it look nice, but will also protect my gelcoat paint.

Curious, how do you plan to router the edges to get the bevel?

Hyperryd    6

So the plan for the router work is this. Use the factory carpet as a template. (It came out in great shape). Mark out the template on a piece of 1/4" hard panel board. Cut out the board as a full size template. 4'x8' board is only $8, should need 2. Sand the edges as necessary to make the shape I want. Test fit as necessary in the boat. Use the board as a cutting template to guide the blade to cut out the decking the same shape. Then put the decking on top of the board and using a cove bit on a trim router, use the wood to guide the roller on the bit to keep an even edge around the outside of the template. In theory it should come out nice. We shall see soon enough.

As for where I got it, I'm holding back until I get it in place to know that it is what I think it is. I hate to recommend anything until I try it. I will say you have to buy 5 sheet minimums. To do my whole boat I ordered 5 sheets of the lines and 4 sheets of the diamonds which came out to $510 shipped. If I had ordered just the 5 sheets of lines it would have been $350 shipped. Yes they do have 2 shades of gray with black lines, just not sure you need 5 sheets just for gunnel pieces. These also take about 3 weeks to order.

For what you need, you might check out the link below. I looked at this first, but they were out of stock at the time. They have the dark gray with black wide grooves.

http://agendasurf.com/sanded-finish-2-tone-eva-marine-non-skid-sheet-traction-50-6mm-thk-47-x-86-firm-pwc-boat.html

stoked    1,039
On 5/9/2017 at 9:11 AM, Hyperryd said:

So the full write up is over at Wake Garage. There are tons of pics.  I can't even find a way to attach new pics here now.  I tried Tapatalk but it errors out on this site for some reason.  Anyways check it out if you get a chance. It came out awesome! 

Tapatalk is broken right now with the site upgrade, they're working on bringing it back. 

Jake707    171

still requires you to create an account at that site but if its the same as your thread on WakeWorld I have been checking on it periodically. Looks like its coming along. 

Hyperryd    6

Same thread.  I just prefer Wake Garage to Wake World when it comes to projects like this.