MFaso

Upgrading and old sacks...

NorSask    16

So I found a source for lead bags in Canada, although they use something other then lead. Marine grade, double strapped bags with no seams, and 4 year warranty. Just ordered 400 lbs. from them this morning to start. Hoping with the 1100's and the extra 400 lbs to move around I can get this thing dialed.

1 hour ago, Specialblend07 said:

The panel savers and the larger screws in the channel that the panel fits into on the bottom are very quick and easy to replace. Just find larger screws then a drill bit that's a touch smaller and drill out the holes then screw in the channel with the new screws. Takes five minutes total.

My 1100 will get very full. I usually shut it off just before it pops the locker door open. Definitely gets more than the standard bag and will list the boat more.

I still haven't dialed my wave in as my drain master valves don't work and my new ones get installed on Monday.

Good luck!! 

Thanks! I will get this mod done before I install the new bags in the lockers. Hopefully have some pictures of the wave by Monday morning to share.

Edited by NorSask

MFaso    56

The 2 US companies don't use Lead anymore either...I think it's steel. Not 100% sure though, but it's definitely not lead.

xj1514    13

I also ordered the panel savers but did not know about the longer screws needed for the bottom of the panel. Is the one that needs longer screws the divider between the

9 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

When I put the 1100 FlyHigh in my rear port locker I bought two new quick connects. It took 1 second to disconnect the old bag, and 2 seconds to screw in the new ones and hook up the ballast lines. They are also cheap. I don't know why anyone would try and "melt" the old ones off. Just buy new ones.

Also, even if you're divider panels are braced from the factory you'll still want to strengthen the front one. And also, PUT LARGER SCREWS IN THE CHANNEL ON THE BOTTOM!!! They'll pop out and ruin your day. The standard ones are tiny and all the weight rips them out. It's a VERY easy swap out. Just take the channel to the store and buy a larger screw.

The "front one", is this the one between the under seat storage and the rear locker? If so how do you strengthen it? 

And larger screws in the bottom, is this on the side panel engine dividers? 

I have two two of the wakemakers engine dividers ordered, but I think they are back ordered.

NorSask    16
11 minutes ago, xj1514 said:

I also ordered the panel savers but did not know about the longer screws needed for the bottom of the panel. Is the one that needs longer screws the divider between the

The "front one", is this the one between the under seat storage and the rear locker? If so how do you strengthen it? 

I have two two of the wakemakers engine dividers ordered, but I think they are back ordered.

It took three weeks for my two sets of divider panel savers to come in, so wouldn't surprise me if they are back ordered.

DjOM21    59
11 hours ago, NorSask said:

So I found a source for lead bags in Canada, although they use something other then lead. Marine grade, double strapped bags with no seams, and 4 year warranty. Just ordered 400 lbs. from them this morning to start. Hoping with the 1100's and the extra 400 lbs to move around I can get this thing dialed.

Thanks! I will get this mod done before I install the new bags in the lockers. Hopefully have some pictures of the wave by Monday morning to share.

Where is this Candian "Lead" bag source that you speak of. I need some more and not sure when I will be stateside next.

MobEnzo    51

Based hash tags it might be Drift Wake Weight. Couldn't find a website, their Instagram says to DM them. They just started showing up in my Instagram feed...

NorSask    16

You bet!! You can find them on instagram @driftwakeweight they are out of Drayton Valley, great guy to deal with. I just DM'd him and he got back to me right away. I put my order in and he is even meeting me half way with them next week as I live 5 hours away. You can get custom colors, marine grade, double strapped with no seams, and 4 year warranty.

15 hours ago, xj1514 said:

I made panel savers from some steel channel and just rust-oleum'd them. The steel channel was $21 and the store cut three holes in each for me too! I got this at a hardware store.

What I mean by the front one is, when you open the rear locker there is two panels (same on each side)... a longer one (rear) and the front shorter one. My rear pieces came standard with panel savers, but the fronts didn't.

For the larger screws, when you take the panels out you'll notice a channel on the motor bay floor that the panels sort of fit into. There is 6 screws i believe and they are TINY. Un-screw them and bring that piece to a hardware store. Fit the biggest screws that will still stay flush with the channel and buy them. They only need to be like 1/4" long or something

It sounds labor intensive, but it's seriously a 5 minute total job minus the driving, which i was about 10 beers deep so my girlfriend drove me.

• Like 1

DjOM21    59
1 hour ago, NorSask said:

You bet!! You can find them on instagram @driftwakeweight they are out of Drayton Valley, great guy to deal with. I just DM'd him and he got back to me right away. I put my order in and he is even meeting me half way with them next week as I live 5 hours away. You can get custom colors, marine grade, double strapped with no seams, and 4 year warranty.

Nice - Good find. 

Aquaholic1    3
On 6/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, rrd525 said:

SumoMax 850's fit the rear locker perfectly. No issues so far with popping panels, pushing channel, or losing transom cup holders.

What all do you need to get with these connection wise? I’m looking to order mine next weekend and would like to order everything I need at once....

rrd525    40

Just the quick fittings. 4 of them. They screw right into the bag with some Teflon tape on the threads.

If you are buying 850s May as well spend a few extra dollars and just go 1000s. I actually prefer the 1000s. You should reinforce the dividing panel a little, and we are the cup holders in with hose clamps.

Aquaholic1    3

Yeah I actually started looking at the 1000’s last night. So would it be the ronix 1” npt thread to 1” quick? Sorry, but this is a first for me....  had an axis that I left completely factory and am picking up a new 238 Thursday, so I appreciate the help!

rrd525    40

We have Straight line Sumo bags and used their 1" NPT quick flow fittings that connected directly to the stock flowrite fittings. I imagine Ronix has a similar setup.

It literally takes 5 mins to wrap Teflon tape on the fittings, thread them in the bags, and replace the stock ones. 

• Thanks 1

Aquaholic1    3
On 6/8/2017 at 9:46 AM, Specialblend07 said:

I made panel savers from some steel channel and just rust-oleum'd them. The steel channel was $21 and the store cut three holes in each for me too! I got this at a hardware store.

What I mean by the front one is, when you open the rear locker there is two panels (same on each side)... a longer one (rear) and the front shorter one. My rear pieces came standard with panel savers, but the fronts didn't.

For the larger screws, when you take the panels out you'll notice a channel on the motor bay floor that the panels sort of fit into. There is 6 screws i believe and they are TINY. Un-screw them and bring that piece to a hardware store. Fit the biggest screws that will still stay flush with the channel and buy them. They only need to be like 1/4" long or something

It sounds labor intensive, but it's seriously a 5 minute total job minus the driving, which i was about 10 beers deep so my girlfriend drove me.

Have any pictures of how you did your panel savers?