Shaka    146

Don't these things have catalytic converters now? That should help with exhaust danger.

stoked    1,039

Don't these things have catalytic converters now? That should help with exhaust danger.

My 33 does, but the exhaust was still pretty bad. The plastic exhaust pipe was right above the waterline when surfing, and once it fell off, it was even worse. I wasn't in it for the sound, but for the exhaust.

h20king    794

I get what you're saying, I completely understand. But if this is fact "I spent over $500 and was stuck with a product I could not use as well as no customer support", then it is also fact for me to say "I spent $500 on a product that worked really well and had great customer support (worked directly with Larry)". If you had my experience, would you recommend it?

So, that aside, the guy asked for feedback on using it on a S238, as you are an S238 owner, you did not put it on a 238. So your "fact" from previous use doesn't apply. I put it on a 33 so my "fact" of current use doesn't apply.

So to properly answer this question leaving all facts and opinions out of it: it appears no one has put this on a 238, yet. And H brings up a very interesting point on how they would even execute it with the sword trim plate (has anyone talked to Larry??).

I wonder if they plan to use the 2017 stinger plate technology for the sword? That would probably be best, that or cut that monstrosity down to normal trim plate length... ;-)

you know my review would be better if it would have worked. I agree it does knock the sound down and that was what I was after but was not willing to sacrifice the wake for sound reduction. I think it is awesome that it worked for you and wish it would have worked for me. My plan for this year is to try a in line baffle to cut down on engine noise. There is a thread somewhere about them. My thought is it should help some with no risk of spray. This is our last season with this boat so going to keep it simple. Praying that the FI will be something I really like and will be our next boat

InfinitySurf    302

I know you said you gave away the FAE to your dealer and its a "paperweight". The 30 days...is to return it and get money back and if you cannot install or test it within that amount of time, if you let them know they will extend that time period.... BUT they will modify or work with you for any period of time. If you still had it and the boat, I guarantee they would modify it for you to work better so spray is gone. Before I bought if for my Centurion I did extensive research to be sure the spray issue was fixed for good cause I saw all those ugly flaps and would not like doing that either! So I get where you were coming from. I had at LEAST 20 people assure me it was fixed (one of those threads was here on CC). Now that I have used it on my boat, I can confirm there is no spray too.

I could really care less what you think of them as I have nothing to gain or lose, nor am I affiliated with them in any way...only thing was you said it strongly enough so the OP or someone else may not even give it a chance now and may not have another reasonable option to get rid of exhaust or lower noise levels. That said, my experience with them was great and I set up a group buy for Tige and Centurion owners that netted almost 20 systems purchased in a months time, including my own (all I got out of it was the same discount as everyone else, $70off and honestly I think they should have shown me a little more appreciation...but that is besides the point). I have not heard one of the people in group buy have any complaint and know its working great for me and customer service has been very good and very fast. I have emailed them no less than 10 times and always gotten a response within 48hrs, usually half that time.

Not saying their service was always that good...maybe their sales dropped in 2015 for that reason and they realized they better get their pooh together or go out of business....just know that right now, its very good service and they go the extra mile.

Just as a kicker...I asked them if it ever fell off the boat and sank (cause I read in a thread that happened to someone)...what would they do. They require "After pics" of the installation to prove you installed right and so if you did not, they can tell you how to fix it. But once you do send in your pics, they review...and say its "approved" if it falls off and sinks they will replace it (I am gonna thru-bolt with nylock nuts to be sure). Don't know many companies that take their guarantee that far and since I am a partner in a customer service oriented business....I tend to notice things like that.

• Like 2

Nick213    583

(I am gonna thru-bolt with nylock nuts to be sure).

I'm sorry but this statement tells me you haven't installed and tested it yet. Can you elaborate whether you have or not? If you have and it's installed as instructed why do that (if not instructed to)?
  • Like 1

h20king    794

My thought is most of the 20 plus unit's sold under the group buy have not been tested as most people are not back on the water yet and the reviews once tested will be mixed. Like I said above the supreme trim plate is at least twice the length of the centurion trim plate which would move the down pipe much farther back putting it directly in the prop wash. Get them to make me one to test if there is no spray I'll pay for it if it still creates spray I'll send it back. Should be a no brainer if they want to fix a bad review and now are truly standing behind there product and are confident the problems have been fixed.

InfinitySurf    302

I have installed and tested it this past Sunday. Just gonna modify it to make it stronger as I understand it makes it more secure due to the the constant vibration

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

h20king    794

I have installed and tested it this past Sunday. Just gonna modify it to make it stronger as I understand it makes it more secure due to the the constant vibration

sorry one trip out is not a through test. You know how it goes on this sight pics or it did not happen and video would be even better.

InfinitySurf    302

Been trying to figure out the pics since too large from my laptop, so just downloaded app since I like looking at others pics. Could really careless whether you believe me or not. Since we are all a bunch of "A" personalities, it's in our nature to give each other a bunch of pooh and since I started it this time, I will take it like a man. I had the kids, so didn't play with wave long cause we were on way to meet friends. This pic (if it works) is just Ram fill and partial bag on one side at rear, nothing else...and with the FAE installed I might add...perhaps you can tell me how much spray you see?87e3d45850e0876fb014ef5f52d2ade3.jpg

h20king    794

Hard to tell from the pic looks like the prop wash is right at the back of the boat. Looks like you are listed what happened with the suck gate?

InfinitySurf    302

Didnt take it with me cause I didnt go out to surf that day....took family to hang out with other boats, friends and family. I was listed in this pic cause I broke away from the group for 10mins cause I had to play with the wave a little bit...didnt even have the time to dial in with the plate and cats. Just added the weight quick and snapped a couple pics. Suckgate is in my immediate future tho. Actually planned to go surfing tonight and had a crew of 6 going with me, but we got hit with a monsoon this afternoon and had to cancel. I will take it with me this weekend and compare waves and then post up pics

h20king    794

Wake looks good .Looks like a little more weight and a little more speed and it would be money

InfinitySurf    302

Thanks. I had more weight I could have put on it, just didnt have enough time to be running around checking for leaks since first time using ballast this year....and I need to pick up some lead, been wanting to add around 500lbs to back cause I think that would really make it epic...even tho I will admit that my wave is already better than I am so hoping to gain a lot of skill this year with a lot of practice surfing...but who doesnt wanna learn on the best/biggest possible wave? I was at 10.8 on GPS with that pic, what I didnt like about the wave was it didnt seem like pocket was long enough, was maybe 15ft back and would like 25-30 if possible, but hoping by filling my bow sac, adding some speed....and playing with the CATS, I will be able to fix that.

H20...you should call Larry or Christina at FAE and talk to them if you are serious about what you said. Tell them what happened to you back in 2015, I am sure they will work with you to make it right and will tell you the truth about the spray...but know they guarantee it so if it doesnt live up you will get your money back. They DID say they were still working on the 2017's designs and sounds like they are talking to at least 1 manufacture who may start offering the FAE as a factory option, so its possible they do not yet have a design for that longer trim plate on the S238.

h20king    794

Add weigh and increase your speed to 11.5 throw a couple hundred up front and I think you will be stoked with the length and size

InfinitySurf    302

Will do. Thanks

stoked    1,039

My thought is most of the 20 plus unit's sold under the group buy have not been tested as most people are not back on the water yet and the reviews once tested will be mixed. Like I said above the supreme trim plate is at least twice the length of the centurion trim plate which would move the down pipe much farther back putting it directly in the prop wash. Get them to make me one to test if there is no spray I'll pay for it if it still creates spray I'll send it back. Should be a no brainer if they want to fix a bad review and now are truly standing behind there product and are confident the problems have been fixed.

If you're serious, give Larry a call. He's always looking for people to test. I was one of his test guinea pigs for the 33.

I'm sorry but this statement tells me you haven't installed and tested it yet. Can you elaborate whether you have or not? If you have and it's installed as instructed why do that (if not instructed to)?

I gave this advice in another thread. I do have one installed (for a year now) and I nylocked it halfway through because a screw snapped and caused all sorts of other issues. You can now pick my boat up by the FAE and it won't budge. Honestly I think anyone that puts an FAE on should through bolt it once they know they want to keep it.

stoked    1,039

I know you said you gave away the FAE to your dealer and its a "paperweight". The 30 days...is to return it and get money back and if you cannot install or test it within that amount of time, if you let them know they will extend that time period.... BUT they will modify or work with you for any period of time. If you still had it and the boat, I guarantee they would modify it for you to work better so spray is gone. Before I bought if for my Centurion I did extensive research to be sure the spray issue was fixed for good cause I saw all those ugly flaps and would not like doing that either! So I get where you were coming from. I had at LEAST 20 people assure me it was fixed (one of those threads was here on CC). Now that I have used it on my boat, I can confirm there is no spray too.

I could really care less what you think of them as I have nothing to gain or lose, nor am I affiliated with them in any way...only thing was you said it strongly enough so the OP or someone else may not even give it a chance now and may not have another reasonable option to get rid of exhaust or lower noise levels. That said, my experience with them was great and I set up a group buy for Tige and Centurion owners that netted almost 20 systems purchased in a months time, including my own (all I got out of it was the same discount as everyone else, $70off and honestly I think they should have shown me a little more appreciation...but that is besides the point). I have not heard one of the people in group buy have any complaint and know its working great for me and customer service has been very good and very fast. I have emailed them no less than 10 times and always gotten a response within 48hrs, usually half that time.

Not saying their service was always that good...maybe their sales dropped in 2015 for that reason and they realized they better get their pooh together or go out of business....just know that right now, its very good service and they go the extra mile.

Just as a kicker...I asked them if it ever fell off the boat and sank (cause I read in a thread that happened to someone)...what would they do. They require "After pics" of the installation to prove you installed right and so if you did not, they can tell you how to fix it. But once you do send in your pics, they review...and say its "approved" if it falls off and sinks they will replace it (I am gonna thru-bolt with nylock nuts to be sure). Don't know many companies that take their guarantee that far and since I am a partner in a customer service oriented business....I tend to notice things like that.

This is exactly my thinking too. OP is looking for advice, old data doesn't really help the advice UNLESS he's looking at a used 2+ year old FAE. It's like saying don't buy a 17 Mustang because a 66 mustang doesn't have power steering and it's a pain to turn when parked.

NW Vettes    11

I agree above but I also believe OP has a 2017 which the FAE will need to be a new design which apparently either has not been designed yet or no one has given feedback on yet.

I'm just looking for feedback on new 2017 design if they have it.

InfinitySurf    302

Yea, I could not remember where I had read that...but that is exactly where I started thinking about thru-bolting my FAE, from the thread that Stoked wrote about his coming lose while on vaca from the vibration....thanks for that. Struck me as a great idea for something you are leaving on permanently, which I will be doing. No chance then of it coming off.

JeffO    1

Check out the exhaust project I did over at Wake Garage something like this may work for you, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1