Kaiguy702    8

Hey guys just swapped impeller today. Had 1 season/45 hrs on it. It's been sitting in an a/c rv garage for 5 mos since last day in the lake. Is this normal looking???

Cdifranco    463

Well that didn't work... it won't let me post the picture!

use tapatalk. easier to post photos that way

Lak3surf3r    714

use tapatalk. easier to post photos that way

I actually think theres an issue with the site. I havent been able to upload pics from my phone nor the computer to a post or even in a PM in a few days. I PM'd the crew admim to check.

Kaiguy702    8

7e93d36474ccf1e011cb9701b7fa2b9c.jpg

Downloaded tapatalk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Kaiguy702

Lak3surf3r    714

7e93d36474ccf1e011cb9701b7fa2b9c.jpg Downloaded tapatalk... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woof, thats not getting much water in to anything lol. Glad you got it swapped before it happened on the water! I still cant upload pics lol glad you got tapatalk to work. Only 324kb but mine just says:

Resized_20170324_181609.jpg

This upload failed

Cwazy1    89

Thats pretty bent up.

Another reason the impeller is recommended to be pulled out during winterization.

My old boat had the impeller explode during the first outing of the new season. After that, I told myself I'll definitely be pulling the impeller pre-winter to inspect and keep lubricated.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

I'd be throwing that sucker in the trash.

Kaiguy702    8

I'd be throwing that sucker in the trash.

Lol of course we did! Put new one in and have another new one we keep in the boat as a spare.

• Like 1

Hein    63

annual maintenance item.

stoked    1,039

Lol of course we did! Put new one in and have another new one we keep in the boat as a spare.

As to why it looks like that with only 45 hours, did you run it dry at all? Fire it up while on the trailer with no water hook up? Maybe forgot to open the water valve? That's not normal for 45 hours. I had something similar at 50 hours and that was because I left a piece out of my flush hit and I had trouble pulling antifreeze through the system which caused it to run semi-dry for extended periods.

jester    111

Short answer not normal. I think Stoked has the right questions. If all of them are no then I would pull the new one at 30 hours and see if it is looking the same. You can get a $30 fiber optic camera from amazon that connects to your cell phone and do your own inspection. What boat do you have and how old is it? you might need a good flush on your hoses.

Shaka    146

I think an impeller every year is overkill. I've been getting about three years out of them and I'm at the lake at least once a week. When I get around to pulling them I'm hard pressed to find any wear.

InfinitySurf    302

I have had similar experience with my impellers...never had one go out on me in 15+ years of servicing my own boats. I think the point tho is too check them out each year since its not that hard to do and a $40 part going out from wear can cost you a $10k repair if you are not careful. A lot of newer boats have alarms and all that crap (including mine)....but even tho I have never had an issue, I still would not take a chance.

Stoked...I had something similar happen to me when re-winterizing a few weeks ago cause we got a cold snap after I had already splashed my boat and didnt want to take a chance. I could not get my anti-freeze to suck in for a little while (even tho I had inserted the plastic piece you mentioned to push down the ball). I ran boat for about 45 seconds...2-3 times and then shut it down when it would not suck it thru. Finally on 4th try, it worked and pulled in the anti-freeze.

I stressed the fact that I may have hurt the brand new stinking impeller and have been thinking I should check it since that happened. I actually ordered a new one which will arrive this week and plan to pull it and check. If good, I will leave it alone since I like to keep a spare anyway. But...on Sunday I took the boat out for around 4hrs and had zero issues, so think I got lucky and did not hurt it.

Always wondered how long you gotta run it dry before it hurts it. This is first time something like that has happened to me and made me re-think my "bucket ape" compared to a machine that will force the anti-freeze thru. Anway, I will pull it next week and check it out to be sure.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

I have had similar experience with my impellers...never had one go out on me in 15+ years of servicing my own boats. I think the point tho is too check them out each year since its not that hard to do and a $40 part going out from wear can cost you a $10k repair if you are not careful. A lot of newer boats have alarms and all that crap (including mine)....but even tho I have never had an issue, I still would not take a chance.

Stoked...I had something similar happen to me when re-winterizing a few weeks ago cause we got a cold snap after I had already splashed my boat and didnt want to take a chance. I could not get my anti-freeze to suck in for a little while (even tho I had inserted the plastic piece you mentioned to push down the ball). I ran boat for about 45 seconds...2-3 times and then shut it down when it would not suck it thru. Finally on 4th try, it worked and pulled in the anti-freeze.

I stressed the fact that I may have hurt the brand new stinking impeller and have been thinking I should check it since that happened. I actually ordered a new one which will arrive this week and plan to pull it and check. If good, I will leave it alone since I like to keep a spare anyway. But...on Sunday I took the boat out for around 4hrs and had zero issues, so think I got lucky and did not hurt it.

Always wondered how long you gotta run it dry before it hurts it. This is first time something like that has happened to me and made me re-think my "bucket ape" compared to a machine that will force the anti-freeze thru. Anway, I will pull it next week and check it out to be sure.

The year I had the problem I bought that pump off of amazon. It pushed 5 gallons of antifreeze through in about 45 seconds. You have to take the impeller out, drain everything, then push. But you're most likely doing all of that anyway.

I will say, however, putting in that piece solved my issue. In fact, I just leave it in all the time now since I always screw the lid on the flush at the transom. Which is what got me into trouble in the first place, looking back through photos my previous boat, that I bought used, it always had it in, which is why I didn't know about it. So now I'm back on the bucket ape and it worked like a champ.

I'm also leaving it in all the time now because end of season last year I tried to unscrew the top to put that little piece in for winterizing and ended up cracking the white part. So after ordering and installing another flush kit last month, it just always stays in now.

Edited by stoked

Kaiguy702    8

As to why it looks like that with only 45 hours, did you run it dry at all? Fire it up while on the trailer with no water hook up? Maybe forgot to open the water valve? That's not normal for 45 hours. I had something similar at 50 hours and that was because I left a piece out of my flush hit and I had trouble pulling antifreeze through the system which caused it to run semi-dry for extended periods.

Never ran dry- except for bumping it when we get it on the trailer for 1/2 a second to get all the water out.

I'm going to pull this new one out at around 10 hours and see what it looks like.

Kaiguy702    8
Short answer not normal. I think Stoked has the right questions. If all of them are no then I would pull the new one at 30 hours and see if it is looking the same. You can get a $30 fiber optic camera from amazon that connects to your cell phone and do your own inspection. What boat do you have and how old is it? you might need a good flush on your hoses.

It's a 14 fx44. 60 hrs... the impeller had around 50 I think

Never ran dry- except for bumping it when we get it on the trailer for 1/2 a second to get all the water out. I'm going to pull this new one out at around 10 hours and see what it looks like. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean "bumping it to get all the water out" ? If you're starting it on the trailer with no water, that could very well be your problem. As soon as these things run dry the neoprene has no lubrication and builds heat and will chew them up in a hurry. It doesn't take much.

Kaiguy702    8

What do you mean "bumping it to get all the water out" ? If you're starting it on the trailer with no water, that could very well be your problem. As soon as these things run dry the neoprene has no lubrication and builds heat and will chew them up in a hurry. It doesn't take much.

By "bump" I mean I start/turn the motor over until it fires- once it fires up I shut it off. So .5 a second maybe. Gets water out... is this unnecessary? lol

I know it def didn't cause my impeller to be flat like it is... I personally think the dealer I bought it from never changed the impeller and it sat for two years like that. Tracker boats bass pro shop in Houston.

CO Surfer    289

I would stop doing what you're doing by starting it on the trailer but I would be surprised if that was the issue. I remember now that you bought that boat from Tracker where it had been sitting on the lot for a while.

Who knows what they might have done while it was on the lot. I see zero reason to try to get the water out by starting it out of the water though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..