MFaso    56

Are there single bags that you CAN put on the seat with say an external motor/pump and hose you just throw in the water? For example, if my family isn't with me and I want to put a bag on the seat but not plumbed to the boat or anything. Totally external...

If so, that's not a bad option. My problem with lead is, I ALWAYS have to keep it with me on the boat no matter what and if I'm not surfing and I got 10 people with me, I'm still carrying an extra 500-800lbs of lead, for no reason.

There will be times we go out on the lake just to go out to dinner. We have a few restaurants on the lake and even an ice cream shop now. All have boat parking. It's awesome to take the boat out just to get some food and it's going to be better now with some heat for the cooler nights...lol

NW Vettes    11

I all ready off 500 lbs of lead bags to go in my s238. I don't think 500 lbs you will notice, it's like two big guys in boat, unless you have a bunch riders, more than that I'm not sure. I have my boat at a slip all season so if I was going to go a long ways with a big crowd I can just set them on the dock when I leave.

Cwazy1    89

of course this is an option.

I have an 850 bag I keep rolled up with a pump for those light days.

But I agree with NW, 500 of lead is nothing. And I, like him, am wetslipped during the season and will just take a few out if there are too many people.

Are there single bags that you CAN put on the seat with say an external motor/pump and hose you just throw in the water? For example, if my family isn't with me and I want to put a bag on the seat but not plumbed to the boat or anything. Totally external...

If so, that's not a bad option. My problem with lead is, I ALWAYS have to keep it with me on the boat no matter what and if I'm not surfing and I got 10 people with me, I'm still carrying an extra 500-800lbs of lead, for no reason.

There will be times we go out on the lake just to go out to dinner. We have a few restaurants on the lake and even an ice cream shop now. All have boat parking. It's awesome to take the boat out just to get some food and it's going to be better now with some heat for the cooler nights...lol

MFaso    56

I wouldn't want to leave them on my dock all day. Not sure who else would want all that weight but still not sure I'd leave them. 500 was just an example by the way. :)

what 850 bag do you have? does it come with a pump? Does it ruin the seat cushion or does the seat just inflate back to normal every time? Or are you putting it on the floor in the corner of the surf side?

Mike

Cwazy1    89

Haha, my slip is through two locked gates, and is fully covered. I'm not really worried about people taking steel bags.

My 850 is a straightline bag and I keep a sumo pump in the boat. The pump I keep in the boat anyways because my rear PnP bags are sumo sacks and in case the reversible pump goes out, I can use the throw over pump to drain/fill.

The last time I used it, I put it on the seat. No problems.

MFaso    56

gotcha. thanks! I was thinking maybe if they had a way to put a bike lock through them I could lock them all together. no one is going to mess with 500lbs+ all locked up together. I'll have to take a look and see if they have a way to tie them up.