Dfowkes

2016 RI237 with 150 hours need advice

Dfowkes    1

I'm new to the Centurion Crew and I'm moving up from my 2007 Supreme V208. We mostly surf, wakeboard some, and drag our kids around on a tube. I don't have the coin the buy new 2017 RI 237 but I'm looking at a few used ones out there. I'm concerned about the prop shaft angle change that happened with the 2017's. Should I be worried about buying the first year model of the new RI? Thank you in advance for your help in determining my new family boat.

chowder2016    110

I had a 2016 237 and it was a great boat. I would say as long as it has the H6 Engine on it you will be very happy. Im pretty sure if I had the H6 on the 237 not the H5 I wouldn't have upgraded to the 257 as quickly as I did. Just my 2 cents.

Lak3surf3r    714

Ive got one with an H6 and less hours for sale if interested check it out in the classified section ;) I never had any problems with the old shaft angle or my H6 in it. I just replied to your PM as well.

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 1

Fivebar2    176

I had the 2016 237 and had zero issue with anything including shaft angle. I would not hesitate!!

Cdifranco    463

Ive got one with an H6 and less hours for sale if interested check it out in the classified section ;) I never had any problems with the old shaft angle or my H6 in it. I just replied to your PM as well.

Buy his boat.

• Like 2

wheels    151

Some more questions need to be answered to give advice What elevation are you at? How many people are you regularly going to have on the boat? Are you going to add additional weight to make the biggest surf wave you possibly can, are you okay with high rpm for surfing? What is the price difference between a used 16 and a new 17?

• Like 1

luluzer    50

Buy his boat.

Buy his boat - great deal on a great boat

Edited by luluzer
  • Like 1

Dfowkes    1

About $24,000 difference in price. Both boats will have the H6 motor. I like to run additional lead where needed about 500 lbs total. I usually run about 8 to 10 people and our elevation is 200 ft. But I would like the option to run at Lake Tahoe maybe once in awhile with a spare prop. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

wheels    151

That's a big price difference. However here is the reality of a 16 with the 14.5"diameter prop. With h6 motor and full ballast and any more than 4 people you are gonna struggle to reach surf speed and will be turning 4200 to 4600 rpm. There is no doubt that the ri needs a bigger prop than 14.5" however the 16 shaft angle leads to not enough clearance for bigger without the risk of prop burn to the gel. Now there is a member on here with an ri running a 15.5" and says he has no issue but this is not the norm. I specifically waited for a 2017 to get the bigger prop. Factory comes with 15" but I will upgrade mine to a 15.5" or 16" as I will run full ballast plus 400lbs of lead and want to have my surf rpm around 3600 rpm hopefully. I would say you should test a 16 and. Bring your extra weight and all your crew and see if you are happy with how it performs. Other than the prop angle I could not see a reason not to buy a 16 and maybe you can find a happy medium between weight and power to make it work. I bet it's still gonna be better than any other wave out there even if you have to run a little extra weight.

• Like 1

Dfowkes    1

Another question? What is the forums opinion on the Acme 2247 or the Acme 1433 prop for a 2016 RI237 or what other prop should I consider? Based on my elevation and mostly surfing which prop would you recommend? I would also like to be able to cruise at maybe 35 or 38 MPH if possible.

Lak3surf3r    714

Another question? What is the forums opinion on the Acme 2247 or the Acme 1433 prop for a 2016 RI237 or what other prop should I consider? Based on my elevation and mostly surfing which prop would you recommend? I would also like to be able to cruise at maybe 35 or 38 MPH if possible.

The 1433 will be too small of diameter for you at only 14" and you could try the 15" 2247 but it will depend on your clearance. If you can get that one without prop burn on the hull that would be a great prop. The majority of people with a 16 237 use a Acme 1235 4 Blade Propeller 14.5x14.25 LH ( which was my stock prop on mine) and the RPMs still run high fully weighted with more than a few people in the boat, or people use a 14.5x16 and it cant get up to surf speed. I ran between 4000-4600 depending on my lead/ human ballast weights with the 1235 on it at 1500ft.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

InfinitySurf    302

Don't know about the RI as I have not had the opportunity to get on one yet tho I plan to upgrade in a year or 2...so this info may be useless to you. But I run a 1433 prop on my 2014 SV244 and it does a great job fully loaded with 12 people and maxed out ballast. Top speed....I honestly do not know as I never run it flat out, hell I dont think I have ever even taken the boat over 30mph. When on lake, I am never in a hurry to leave, lol. I have also run the 1235 and it also does a good job but I personally prefer the 1433....different boats tho of course

Bawshogg    77

On the 2016 .... How hard would it REALLY be to update to the newer strut.. I would guess under 400 bucks????

You should be able to gain 2-4 degrees at the the shaft coupler just by readjusting the engine mounts ... they typically have ALOT of adjustment.

I have NOT researched any of this on the RI series ... but it's still a typical inboard configuration. I'd assume it's not rocket science to make the change and CONSIDERABLY less that the price diffence between the two.

carguy79ta    67

I tested a 2016 237 before I ordered a 257 and I measured the clearance from prop to hull. it was about 1.5 inches. with the H6. it moved full ballast and 4 people with absolutely no issues. I posted pics of prop clearance on a different thread. about a month ago.

• Like 2

Fivebar2    176

I tested a 2016 237 before I ordered a 257 and I measured the clearance from prop to hull. it was about 1.5 inches. with the H6. it moved full ballast and 4 people with absolutely no issues. I posted pics of prop clearance on a different thread. about a month ago.

At sea level I never had an issue getting to surf speed with full ballasts, 500# of Lead and 6-8 people in the boat. My rpms ranged between 4000-4400 depending on which why in the river I was going. I made a mistake one time of accidentally filling all the bags before filling the ram fill, it struggled greatly to get up to the minimum speed to fill the ram fill. However, as long as you fill the ram fill before the bags (duh...) it never was an issue. This is just my experience.

• Like 2

Dfowkes    1

Thanks for all the great input. Fivebar2 do you know which prop you were running?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..