InfinitySurf

How to wire up underwater transom lights?

InfinitySurf    302

I just bought 2 transom underwater lights and I have a 2014 SV244.

My touch screen has a "darkened" option for the transom lights but those lights were not installed when new of course from the factory. I know how to drill and install the lights...

Question is..... where do I run the wires and can I hook them up to work with my digital screen? (under dash somewhere, or is there wiring near the transom that I can hook into easily)?

Really hoping I don't have to install a rocker switch as I have all the other interior/exterior lighting from the factor.

Does dealer have to "activate" once I wire it up or once connected that option will "light up" like the others that were done from the factory?

Sorry for the many questions, just wanna cover everything so I can get it done without stopping in the middle, not knowing what to do.

Thanks for any help/responses!

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Can't answer the location of the wires question, but dealer code is either 91 or 19 to activate the button

NW Boat Sports    232

Yes, turn them on on the dash and you should have drop down wires in the harness up under the transom gunnel, lay on your back with a light and some bomb snips. You will find 2 drop downs. Very easy and fun install. Good luck

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Thank you for the responses....so once I wire them up. The "button" on the touch system will automatically activate so I can touch it to turn the lights on and off...or after install, I will have to activate it somehow using the "dealer code".

Again, thank you very much for the help!

stoked    1,039

After install you'll use the dealer code to activate the button (or before install)

CO Surfer    289

Dealer code is the first one Stoked listed (91). Don't tell anyone else though. It's super secret.

• Like 1

Bgelaw    0

I did all this and get no light. Any thoughts out there?

volzalum    280

There is probably a fuse or relay somewhere in line that is also needed. I “doubt” the lights are run purely off the screen’s signal. So trace the wires starting at the screen and see if they trigger a relay anywhere. 

InfinitySurf    302

So you added some aftermarket transom lights, plugged them into the boat harness back in the transom and then activated the on/off switch in the dealer settings? If you did all that and they are not working, think first thing I would do is unplug them and use a voltmeter to be sure you are getting 12 volt power to the deutch connectors back there. Mine where back there just like I was told and it was a simple plug and play. Soon as I activated the lighting in the dealer settings, they worked fine.

Volz is likely right that they are tied to a relay but since they are pre-wired into the factory harness you should not have to do anything for them to already have power unless the relay is bad and/or they blew a fuse.

You would have to have the power on for the boat for them to work since they are not wired direct to battery, assume you would know that tho.

Also, some transom lights are not designed to be 12 volt plug/play you have to install something to step up the power. i think for instance the Liquid Lumens run off 24 volt (I may be wrong on that brand) and you have to buy a special transformer that is placed in-line in order for them to work. Which brand did you buy?