Sign in to follow this  
zonk

2015 s226 2017 trim plate ?

zonk    13

anyone upgraded the trim plate on a 2015 s226 to the 2017 style ??

Jrobb    8

Are you speaking about the stinger style plate? I spoke with nwbs the other day about it because i was looking for an a plate. They believe that the new plate was designed to work in conjunction with quicksurf.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MFaso    56

I saw some posts saying the plate is swappable. Ask your dealer and see if they have done it before. I'm pretty sure someone said it bolts right on,

Jrobb    8

Here is the one nwbs sells, i believe they said it was $300post-8422-1488577690446_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Cwazy1    89

The new plate was designed to work with quicksurf as well as the new prop shaft angle.

Are you speaking about the stinger style plate? I spoke with nwbs the other day about it because i was looking for an a plate. They believe that the new plate was designed to work in conjunction with quicksurf. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to why the OP wants a new plate? Most people with older generation boats want to upgrade to an a-symmetrical plate to help with goofy side wash.

Edited by Cwazy1

NW Boat Sports    232

I saw some posts saying the plate is swappable. Ask your dealer and see if they have done it before. I'm pretty sure someone said it bolts right on,

2016 you can bolt up the 2017 stinger plate easy. 2015 and later more modification is needed.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

tprice    118

The goofey wave on 226 doesn't have a clean up issue. I would be curious if the plate helps add any length

The new plate was designed to work with quicksurf as well as the new prop shaft angle.

I'm curious as to why the OP wants a new plate? Most people with older generation boats want to upgrade to an a-symmetrical plate to help with goofy side wash.

Cwazy1    89

I would doubt that the new plate alone adds any length to your wave.

The goofey wave on 226 doesn't have a clean up issue. I would be curious if the plate helps add any length

Edited by Cwazy1

zonk    13

NW boat sports. what is the modification that have to be don't to install on a 2015 s226 thanks ?

NW Boat Sports    232

4 holes, 4 bolts, not too bad! This is the easiest way. On my S21 I mounted it at the piano hinge and made bracket to attach to the actuator.

post-5818-0-50169900-1488856315_thumb.png

• Like 1

zonk    13

what differences did you notice on your s21 ?

NW Boat Sports    232

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but on a 226 we did, it def. helps push the bow down. Works just like the Stinger plate on a Centurion. Less is more

viking    491

Looks like it bolts right on to the existing trim tab??

If so NW Boat Sports I might hit you up for one here real soon for my 15-226

I'm really wondering if it helps with the wake at wakeboard speeds on goofy side.

Mrwick    65

Would the stinger mount up to my 2013 226 as well?

Mrwick    65

NW boats, are you guys building those stinger plates, or buying them from factory?

Mrwick    65

Very nice!  I was thinking about visiting a dealership and discretely measuring up and modeling the stinger to build one for myself. 

Edited by Mrwick

49faith    4
On 3/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, Cwazy1 said:

On 3/8/2017 at 9:10 PM, NW Boat Sports said:

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but on a 226 we did, it def. helps push the bow down. Works just like the Stinger plate on a Centurion. Less is more

So if I don't have quick surf, I should be looking for an A-Plate? I like the idea of helping to push the bow down, because I ride really high up front (I'm guessing partially because I don't have a front tank on the 21.) I do have a goofy clean up issue though and don't want to hurt my port side wave. It's pretty dialed. 

BrandinS21    11

Built an A plate for my S21 last year. Going to do the stinger plate now. Will let you guys know how it works!