Sign in to follow this  
Jrobb

Props

Jrobb    8

What props has everyone had good luck with. I am looking at either the 1433 or 1617 for my s21. I typically run heavy ballast 1100lb in rear filled as much as possible, quickfill, and 400 in the bow and 5 people in the boat. I live in Wa so no altitude issues. I ran the equivalent of the 1433 on my old moomba with about 2400lb of ballast and with 5 people it still pulled up decent. I still wakeboard so i need to pull up with a loaded boat. Any recommendations or others experience would be helpful.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

NW Boat Sports    232

The Acme 1617 is an aggressive prop we have tested for the S21 and S226. We have a few customers with it that run a lot of weight and a 3,000-4,000 ft.

InfinitySurf    302

Different boat than you have.....but I have a 2014 SV244 with the 1433 on it and I could pull a car off the bottom of the lake with it. I can max out with 5k of ballast and have 9-10 people on boat and she still purrs like a kitten, throw a waist high surf wake and still doesnt run high on the RPM's.

Not sure what top end speed is cause I never run over 4600-4800....but would guess around 35mph or little better without ballast as I have run 30mph a few times and still had good bit of throttle (think my max is 5500-5600 rpm).

I may stomp the pedal to get to the lake....but once I am there, I get in no hurry. Especially when heading back to the dock.

I cannot imagine a better prop than the 1433 (14x14.25) for my boat....cause I still have 7/8" clearance to hull. Will admit tho, I have wondered how a 5 blade would do on my boat and been thinking of demoing one. I need to buy a spare anyway so I never had to cut a trip short.....wonder what peoples experience has been with the 5 blade on Centurion? Have seen mixed reviews on other forums. Been meaning to call ACME and just keep forgetting.

• Like 1

NW Boat Sports    232

Different boat than you have.....but I have a 2014 SV244 with the 1433 on it and I could pull a car off the bottom of the lake with it. I can max out with 5k of ballast and have 9-10 people on boat and she still purrs like a kitten, throw a waist high surf wake and still doesnt run high on the RPM's.

Not sure what top end speed is cause I never run over 4600-4800....but would guess around 35mph or little better without ballast as I have run 30mph a few times and still had good bit of throttle (think my max is 5500-5600 rpm).

I may stomp the pedal to get to the lake....but once I am there, I get in no hurry. Especially when heading back to the dock.

I cannot imagine a better prop than the 1433 (14x14.25) for my boat....cause I still have 7/8" clearance to hull. Will admit tho, I have wondered how a 5 blade would do on my boat and been thinking of demoing one. I need to buy a spare anyway so I never had to cut a trip short.....wonder what peoples experience has been with the 5 blade on Centurion? Have seen mixed reviews on other forums. Been meaning to call ACME and just keep forgetting.

What motor do you have? 6.0l?

Jrobb    8

Thanks for the info, i was leaning towards the 1433 as i am not strictly surfing or boarding, got to pull the kids on the tubes and wife does not like wakeboarding with much ballast.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk