P10-WRC

Thinking of buying a 2007 Typhoon. Couple of questions

P10-WRC    6

Hello All,

I am in the market for a boat and found a local 2007 Typhoon listed for $39,000. My first question, is this a fair price? I can't believe how much the value of these boats have stayed the same over that last few years.

I want to be able to surf behind the boat. Is this possible with the stock ballast system or do I need to upgrade anything?

Thanks,

Marty

Here is a link to the ad.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-centurion-typhoon-706258

Nick213    583

That's a acceptable price if it's as clean as advertised. It looks like they put a a-plate on it so depending on what they did with the ballast you should be good to go. Ask what bags it has and we will be able to tell you if it's ready to surf or not.

RhuntIII    555

Looks good to me but be prepared to rig this boat out for surfing if it hasn't been rigged already. 2-4K for custom ballast

P10-WRC    6

I just spoke to him and he said he just upgraded the rear ballasts for more weight and also replaced the pumps. He just put about $6k into it getting it serviced, detailed and upgrading the ballasts.

chowder2016    110

Man I don't know how people have such low hours on their boats. 190 hours is nothing. I'll probably have 190 by September on mine. Nice find Marty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

P10-WRC    6

yeah i coul

Man I don't know how people have such low hours on their boats. 190 hours is nothing. I'll probably have 190 by September on mine. Nice find Marty. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was amazed at the hours too. Most i have found are 350-600 hours. He owned a house boat too so this one got minimal usage

Jake707    171

That's the 23' version of the Avy that a lot of people rave about aint it? So it should surf very well correct? I never see those available around here in CA but Avys go for about that same price here, 35K and up so the larger version would be in the 40k range.

LKASurfing    53

My buddy has an 07 Typhoon and it surfs great! The 23ft boat is legit. I would add a trim tab though as it definitely helps that boat control the wake.

P10-WRC    6

The boat has upgraded rear ballasts too and pumps. It also has a fixed trim plate on the rear. I am going to look at it tomorrow and try and work out a deal for the boat. thanks for the replies.

nailem    29

P10-wrc, I responded on Wakefield too. If it has upgraded ballast and pumps I think you will be real happy. I'm not super familiar with the Typhoon, I have an Enzo, but if the port side bench is the same you can get a 750 bag to run under the bench or get an Enzo sac. Your wave will be better than almost any 2011 or older and probably better than a lot of 2016 boats.

P10-WRC    6

Thanks nailem. I'm gonna look at it on Friday. If all is in order I will buy it for sure

Jake707    171

Dam now you got me looking around at Typhoon's hoping I could find one but I would have to trade in my Elite V and then finance the rest and the wife isn't pleased with that. Really only want to upgrade to a 23' and that hull is better for surfing than my elite so its best of both worlds and still in a reasonable price range for me.

Thanks a lot P10-WRC!!!!!!

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

I'm excited for ya' good luck.

P10-WRC    6

I am buying it. He dropped the price to $38,000. Still kind of high but it was in amazing shape and ready to go.

P10-WRC    6

Anyone know if I need to change the impeller if he never used the boat since changing it 18 months ago? He did a full service including tune up and oil change for the motor and v drive and changed the impeller but only used the boat one time since then.

chadr    328

Anyone know if I need to change the impeller if he never used the boat since changing it 18 months ago? He did a full service including tune up and oil change for the motor and v drive and changed the impeller but only used the boat one time since then.

If it hadn't been run then you are probably ok, but I would get a spare and store it in the boat! Or you could replace it and keep the old one as a spare on the boat also.

Nick213    583

That's what I'd do! Replace it and if the old one is good keep it for a spare.

Jake707    171

agree. Its only $40 or so and an hour of your time. I would just replace it for piece of mind. Just know if it goes out your day is done, so with my luck it would happen just as Im getting to the other side of the lake with a boat full of people to be stranded with. Not worth the risk in my opinion

RhuntIII    555

Yes replace it and do all the yearly maintenance now so you can have it documented and have a piece of mind all summer long