sgresham

Centurion Ri257 or 2017 G23

sgresham    0

Hey guys,

I currently have a 2016 Super Air Nautique G25, and I am contemplating trading it in for either a 2017 Ri257 or a 2017 G23. Unfortunately, I will not be able to demo an Ri257, as my centurion dealer won't have any in until June, but I would be able to demo an ri237 no problem. Everything I want seems to lend itself perfectly to an ri257. My wife and I, and everyone that rides on my boats just surfs, that's it. We get to go out about 3 times per week in season, and we surf about 8 hours each day we can go out. I am definitely looking for the boat with the best surf wave possible.

I guess the only real concerns I have with the Ri257 as opposed to the G are:

1. Is the wave really that much better? Everything points to the fact that it is; I just wanted to get some confirmation on that.

2. Is the resale on Centurion really tough compared to Nautiques?

3. I keep reading on other forums that the Nautique fit and finish is so much better, and I really don't see this. I have had a nautique for a year, and I agree that the fit and finish is awesome, but, from seeing the 257, it looks like the fit and finish on this boat is phenomenal as well. Especially on the exterior, the gelcoats look phenomenal.

4. Are there any issues with the RI series boats? I haven't had any issue at all with the G, (knock on wood). I know I did read that the prop was a bit too small, but that issue seems to have been fixed on the 2017 models.

I really want one of these surf machines. Please either tell me if it is a bad decision or a great decision, and have a great evening!

Fivebar2    176

I will start of by saying that I've been in both. They are both phenomenal boats. I haven't surfed the 257 yet but mine is on order. I own a 237 and the surf wave from what my sources say (professional surfers) is even better than the 237. I would say the waves are different. The G is more straight on and the ri "wraps" around (hopefully that makes sense). I personally love the Ri wave.

In terms of resale, Centurions are one of the fastest growing and most popular surf boats out there. That said any boat north of 100k is limited in market so they can take a bit to sell. I would say they would be pretty similar in resale.

Fit and finish on both boats is great. One reason I love my centurion besides the obvious is the depth inside compared to almost any other boat. The gel coat on the centurion is amazing and their fiber glass/gel coat is the best in the industry (this coming from a material scientist specializing in composites).

I don't think you can go wrong with either boat but having just made the exact same choice would go for the 257. You can pm me if you have any specific questions and good luck with your decision.

• Like 1

sgresham    0

Thanks Fivebar2, this is exactly what I was looking for! You are totally correct in your assessment that the G wave is very straight on; I know exactly what you are talking about with this response. I think I am going to go ahead and demo the 237 next week, and just know that the 257 will be even better. It has to be :)

Darkside    248

I am in a similar situation as fivebar. The 237 wave is incredible, the 257 is supposed to be very similar just a bit longer/taller.

I am hoping to have my 257 by the first of March, it is in production now. I was initially really concerned with resale, but this boat is being recieved very well. To the point dealers can't get them for inventory. So if demand is high and supply is low, resale should not be an issue.

I am hoping to demo in very near future.

Fivebar2    176

Shresham where are you going to demo the 237? Make sure they have it set up right.

• Like 1

sgresham    0

The dealer here is Freedom Power Sports in Lewisville, Texas. The Lake is Lake Lewisville. I do not have a ton of experience with Freedom Power Sports, but all of the other boat dealers here really know their stuff as far as surfing or boarding is concerned. I hope they do as well.

Bawshogg    77

I've ridden the 257 and it is THE BEST surf system wave on the market currently.

Todd and Shane at Freedom should be able to set you up a good demo. Ask for them when you go in.

Resale is an "unknown" on a relatively new boat. There's no way to judge where it will be on these in a year or two....but as the market has become more "surf-centric" the move has been towards the bigger deeper boats.....the 257 is the biggest , deepest boat I have been in to date. As Darkside stated... these are already proving to be pretty popular so far....3 on order in this thread alone....so I'm sure there's a demand for them.

• Like 1

Fivebar2    176

We are going to have to make our own forum. I think we shall call it 257crew :) congrats everyone can't wait to go to the factory and watch mine come out of the mold in a couple of weeks!!

Darkside    248

Misty congrats!

Gunmetal and black...nice! Mine will be Black Flake with a touch of Mocha.

I can't wait till we get some of these beasts on the water. Everyone please share your recipes! Me personally, I am not afraid of lead, as I run small crew. So my recipe will likely have lead placement.

When is everyone expecting thier baby to arrive? I am hoping for Mar 1 delivery.

257 is a super solid and smooth boat. I was amazed how quiet it was inside. Wave was real nice. Not as big as my modified s238 but it's the same hull where it counts, just a little longer, so you just have to get the weight placement right.

Def bigger than a stock g23 though.

Edited by Race City Marine
  • Like 1

Fivebar2    176

I'm expecting mine at the end of March but it won't see water until May 1st unfortunately :(

chowder2016    110

Supposedly early March for mine. Going to do the factory tour on Tuesday. Should be able to hit the water as soon as it stops raining. 55 degree water doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nailem    29

Just got back from the Charlotte boat show last night. In my opinion the fit and finish of the Centurion was better than the Gs that were there. I thought the interior looked better and was more comfortable. I like the dash of the Centurion's, the LED lighting in the tower, and overall feel of the boat. I can't remember but I don't think the ri247 had fold down arm rest in the bow? That's too bad.

Saving my pennies but best I could hope for is a used 2017 in a couple of years.

• Like 1

Bawshogg    77

I'm expecting mine late March / early April. I'm NOT afraid of lead either...Dark. Already planning on at least another 1k -1500 placed strategically. Does it need it..... NO!

Stock wave crushes anything I am used to behind a Malibu , but I have issues and HAVE to push things to the limit. I'm looking forward to testing and expiementing to get THAT setup.

One thing I was questioning is the rear transom ballast. I think it's cool.... but not sure I like it. I wanna keep the rear board storage . I ordered with it, but most likely will remove the bag and just run 500lbs or so of lead back there and that way you still have usable storage.

Pretty crazy how popular this boat seems to be this fast.

• Like 1

NW Boat Sports    232

I'm expecting mine late March / early April. I'm NOT afraid of lead either...Dark. Already planning on at least another 1k -1500 placed strategically. Does it need it..... NO!

Stock wave crushes anything I am used to behind a Malibu , but I have issues and HAVE to push things to the limit. I'm looking forward to testing and expiementing to get THAT setup.

One thing I was questioning is the rear transom ballast. I think it's cool.... but not sure I like it. I wanna keep the rear board storage . I ordered with it, but most likely will remove the bag and just run 500lbs or so of lead back there and that way you still have usable storage.

Remind me, we have plugs to plug the fill ballast on the transom bag so your kids don't accidentally hit the wrong button.

Darkside    248

Just because it doesn't need it...doesn't mean I don't want it...lol

My initial plan is everything full except bow bag, 250 each rear corner, 150 infront of each ram tank, then 200 in bow.

I don't mind losing rear storage as boards can go on Bimini or in racks. I do intend to store boards there when not at the lake.

Bawshogg    77

Remind me, we have plugs to plug the fill ballast on the transom bag so your kids don't accidentally hit the wrong button.

Always thinkin!!! I like it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..