Cwazy1

Anyone ever tried to make an engine bin- like the Malibu ones?

tprice    118

I will stop by storage and take some pics of it.

It's same exact style, thickness of the Malibu trays

• Like 1

h20king    794

I will stop by storage and take some pics of it.

It's same exact style, thickness of the Malibu trays

you know im close so he can use my boat to design for the 238
  • Like 1

rrd525    40

I would be interested in an S238 tray.

49faith    4

+1 I'm in for an S21 tray. I'll give dims if it's much different than your S226.

MFaso    56

when there are jackets on it, they'll touch the plastic engine cover. They will not touch the manifolds as they are recessed and closer to the edges. works great to hold 4 jackets ranging from s-xl. The clips on the net clip to the engine panel locks for the two corners closer to the front and are just pinched between the engine panel and the rear transom for the two corners on the rear (there is just enough space there for the bungee and not the clip).

this is the one I have:

http://amzn.to/2ox9s1I

10$ for more storage!

I also know you can screw them into engine hatch iteslf, but I didn't want to have to 1) deal with screwing stuff into my hatch and 2) when lifting the hatch also having to lift everything in the cargo net.

Got my boat in the water! went to put the net on and I have nothing to clip to. I'll need to use the self tapping screws with a drill to get the clips onto the metal bracket. The 2017 S238 doesn't look the same. Those metal rails are just flat with nothing. I'm going to do it next weekend.

Skibumm    184

I just sit here an smirk thinking holy crap how much storage do these guys need? They have more storage in on compartment than I do in my whole boat. Then I go out in my garage and see all 1700 Sq ft filled with crap and then I get it. If you buy it, they will fill it. My brother in law has a malibu with that tray and I can see the appeal

MFaso    56

I need a lot. My boat just went in and my wife has a full sized comforter on the boat for example. She was layered up while I was in the water! :) I also always have a bunch of kid life vests for when friends come as well as a potty seat and who knows what else. I keep paper towels and some pine sol and cleaning supplies too. I just have a ton of boat stuff. Then there's the cover that I'm still not sure where I'm going to stuff every time. The net is great though. I might buy 2 more and use them on the port and star lockers too for wet life vests and maybe the crappy orange ones.

Dan gib    8

Anyone every think of trying a buss boy pan from a restaurant its kinda similar right. Maybe im crazy.

Cwazy1    89
5 hours ago, Dan gib said:

Anyone every think of trying a buss boy pan from a restaurant its kinda similar right. Maybe im crazy.

maybe if you could find one that is big enough? When I think of those things I think deep and not super wide/long. 

Dan gib    8
8 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

maybe if you could find one that is big enough? When I think of those things I think deep and not super wide/long. 

Ya I was thinking same thing.

-HONCHO-    13

very interested in this thread, has anyone made any headway on the pan in the off season?

-HONCHO-    13
39 minutes ago, -HONCHO- said:

very interested in this thread, has anyone made any headway on the pan in the off season?

post-28204-0-97179700-1424901405.jpgpost-28204-0-05708200-1425590764.jpgpost-28204-0-45014500-1425590817.jpgpost-28204-0-11402000-1425590863.jpg              upon further investigation i found these pictures of a project on the malibu forums. The pans that come on the malibus are apparently plastic and depending on which way you choose to go, Bakes sells the plastic ones  according to their forum. https://www.bakesmarine.com/. As luck would have it i just happen to be headed there today for some other things and i shall keep y'all posted on what i find out.

-HONCHO-    13

Well Bakes was a bust. The guy at the counter didn't even know what i was talking about, i basically had to school him up on the subject. All he could offer me was to get a hold of the supreme dealership and try to order one. My next stop is a fab shop i guess 

Edited by -HONCHO-

Mrwick    65

I’m started on it.  I’ll get it broke into shape tomorrow...... I’m using .026 material that I had laying around.0A115D32-9FFC-41F9-80B6-E040EF71BD3E.jpeg.2629d70afad507468a9dd2f918d87769.jpegE7404188-34A1-447A-A653-A936218CA747.jpeg.f162d632e4fe34ea07a1e568b0815225.jpeg

Im shooting for a diamention of 38.750” x 24” x 6”.  Also, I will roll 3 beads in the bottom for strength.  I have a calculated max load of gear for this bin at 50 pounds.   It should work well and will be very light weight to remove.

Edited by Mrwick
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Mrwick    65

Done.....My final conclusion is I should have used .032 or .036 aluminum but this worked ok.  My total cost is about $40 in aluminum, $7 in automotive panel adhesive, $3 in rivits and washers.  $50 total plus about 4 hours of labor!!!   Not bad!

E84B6BC6-F704-4856-91B7-CA0A84FCAE8A.jpeg

EA337E82-99A8-4875-98A1-0E368A301623.jpeg

C96CEB9F-B963-44CA-8664-80CBC77475F4.jpeg

F55DA15A-9093-4D10-A5C3-BBCD9B7BA2D4.jpeg

5002B525-8790-4BF4-8181-907656996FA5.jpeg

71F64493-6911-4183-ACC7-035645A129EC.jpeg

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

My buddy has one of those in his Malibu and it works great especially for winter surfing trips cause it will keep the lifejackets and wetsuits warm so a little easier to get back into the water when its your turn compared to cold, wet lifejacket! Nice to have a machine shop at ur disposal.

Mrwick    65

I did run into 2 issues that I feel really bad that I overlooked in my 10 minuets of planning.  First, I broke the cardinal sin of fabrication, I didn’t measure the distance between my engine dividers in the front and back......these braces are not parallel.....there is a 1/2 inch of taper?.  I’m a little tight in the front....second, I forgot to cut in the strut reliefs.....no biggy,  it was a 5 minute fix..... all in all, the project was cheap, looks fair, and I had fun doing it!

Wish i had a brake.  I could tig weld that thing up.  Would be a nice addition.

• Like 1