Cwazy1

Anyone ever tried to make an engine bin- like the Malibu ones?

Cwazy1    89

Has anyone ever tried to make one of those bins that fill the space between the engine and the cover? Malibu has them and I really enjoyed putting wet stuff there to be heated up for my next set.

I also noticed that there is a TON of space between the engine and the cover hatch. I feel like I should use this space..

There are plenty of threads on cargo netting, but I'd like to avoid that as it'll drip water from any wet stuffs onto the engine and any of the electrical in there.

Ideas?

• Like 1

Brandon161    26

I have heard people have adapted the Malibu ones to make them work. I have been wanting to do this too. Does anyone have pics of this?

Cwazy1    89

really? hmmmm... but I wonder how much it costs to buy a tray from malibu? If its a few hundred bucks, I'm not sure that'll be cheaper than fabricating one myself out of some pvc sheets.

Brandon161    26

They are about $100. I used to have an axis. So it seems the Malibu tray would have to be made wider to work in the Supreme. And also cut for the hydraulics

viking    491

There is a thread on here a while back someone used a Malibu tray for their Centurion

Cwazy1    89

I ended up just getting a 40x40" cargo net with clips on each corner and just clipping it over the engine. works to hold my dry life jackets. It can hold 4 jackets.

I don't put any wet gear back into it though. I don't want water drilling down any electrical. Either way wet gear gets hung on the board racks.

Edited by Cwazy1

MFaso    56

I ended up just getting a 40x40" cargo net with clips on each corner and just clipping it over the engine. works to hold my dry life jackets. It can hold 4 jackets.

I don't put any wet gear back into it though. I don't want water drilling down any electrical. Either way wet gear gets hung on the board racks.

Snap a picture of that next time if you remember. I was just at my boat and I see what you mean. there is a TON of space over the engine. I'm just thinking...do those jackets smell like engine fumes or are those more for the "just so you are legal" type life jackets that probably will never need?

Cwazy1    89

I'll take one on my way home from work today.

There should not be any fumes in your engine compartment. If there is, you've got a bigger problem.

I put all my water sport jackets in there. They come out nice and warm as they sit right above the manifolds. My 'legality' PFDs are packed up nicely in the clear bag they came in and are stored far far in the compartment where the batteries are.

Snap a picture of that next time if you remember. I was just at my boat and I see what you mean. there is a TON of space over the engine. I'm just thinking...do those jackets smell like engine fumes or are those more for the "just so you are legal" type life jackets that probably will never need?

Cwazy1    89

when there are jackets on it, they'll touch the plastic engine cover. They will not touch the manifolds as they are recessed and closer to the edges. works great to hold 4 jackets ranging from s-xl. The clips on the net clip to the engine panel locks for the two corners closer to the front and are just pinched between the engine panel and the rear transom for the two corners on the rear (there is just enough space there for the bungee and not the clip).

this is the one I have:

http://amzn.to/2ox9s1I

10$ for more storage!

I also know you can screw them into engine hatch iteslf, but I didn't want to have to 1) deal with screwing stuff into my hatch and 2) when lifting the hatch also having to lift everything in the cargo net.

Edited by Cwazy1
  • Like 1

P10-WRC    6

That's pretty nice. I may actually do this over my rear storage lockers so that i'm not laying anything on top of my fatsacs

Cwazy1    89

+1, I find that nothing dries on top of my fat sacks. Probably because theres always some dripping of water on top of them.

That's pretty nice. I may actually do this over my rear storage lockers so that i'm not laying anything on top of my fatsacs

MFaso    56

I bought one. not sure about anything over the sacks yet but that isn't a bad idea. I was thinking towels go over the engine and they are nice and warm when you first grab one. :) Either way I challenge someone else to find a $10 mod on anything other than a USB cell phone charger. haha

stoked    1,039

when there are jackets on it, they'll touch the plastic engine cover. They will not touch the manifolds as they are recessed and closer to the edges. works great to hold 4 jackets ranging from s-xl. The clips on the net clip to the engine panel locks for the two corners closer to the front and are just pinched between the engine panel and the rear transom for the two corners on the rear (there is just enough space there for the bungee and not the clip).

this is the one I have:

http://amzn.to/2ox9s1I

10$ for more storage!

I also know you can screw them into engine hatch iteslf, but I didn't want to have to 1) deal with screwing stuff into my hatch and 2) when lifting the hatch also having to lift everything in the cargo net.

Ordered 2, thanks for the link!! I can finally get those ugly orange ones out of the way!!

tprice    118

I have a buddy who made me one for my S226

I believe I paid 150.00 or so. The tray is exactly like a Malibu tray.

Best part about it is for the early morning ride sessions, I place my left over pizza, or I'll make a few breakfast burritos and place in the tray. By time you are done with your morning runs a nice warm breakfast is ret2go.

If anyone is interested, I know he like extra $$$ and more than likely would be interested in fabricating some.

• Like 2

MFaso    56

Best part about it is for the early morning ride sessions, I place my left over pizza, or I'll make a few breakfast burritos and place in the tray. By time you are done with your morning runs a nice warm breakfast is ret2go.

If anyone is interested, I know he like extra $$$ and more than likely would be interested in fabricating some.

Can you post a few pictures? What is it made out of?

h20king    794

text me I want one for the 238

Cwazy1    89

also very curious as to what its made of.

DjOM21    59

I'll take one for a SV238

Edited by DjOM21