wakejamminaz

2016 S238 with PCM 5.7

Hello Crew,

This is my first post. I was wondering if I can lean on you all before pulling the trigger on my new boat. I apologize if this is redundant as I may not have seen similar posts in the past.

Summary: I currently own a 2000 Sky Supreme. I bought it brand new and it has been an amazing boat for my family. We are currently in the process of purchasing a 2016 S238. We love the size and ability to surf. I have a wakeboard background and was competing many years ago. I am not trying to boast but I would consider myself expert or higher. The wake on my 2000 Supreme was very steep and would boot riders with ease. I am not ready to hang up the board just yet but we do want to start surfing more often which is not an option on our current boat. I also have two young girls who I see wakeboarding in the further future. Our demo is set for this Saturday, because of the weather it may be too chilly to ride so I am asking for opinions as well. Thank you all for your thoughts!

Question: Am I going to hate or be disappointed in the wakeboard wake on this boat? I typically ride at 23.5-24 mph and hoping for a competitive wake to still do some tricks occasionally. Also, this boat has the PCM 5.7 340 HP motor, I noticed all new models have the 400+ upgrade. Will I have problems with that motor? We typically ride at 1700 foot elevation and will make yearly trips to 3652 foot elevation. I believe I am getting a good deal on this boat if I pull the trigger but I do have my reservations.

Any information or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks again crew!!!

Lak3surf3r    714

Hello Crew,

This is my first post. I was wondering if I can lean on you all before pulling the trigger on my new boat. I apologize if this is redundant as I may not have seen similar posts in the past.

Summary: I currently own a 2000 Sky Supreme. I bought it brand new and it has been an amazing boat for my family. We are currently in the process of purchasing a 2016 S238. We love the size and ability to surf. I have a wakeboard background and was competing many years ago. I am not trying to boast but I would consider myself expert or higher. The wake on my 2000 Supreme was very steep and would boot riders with ease. I am not ready to hang up the board just yet but we do want to start surfing more often which is not an option on our current boat. I also have two young girls who I see wakeboarding in the further future. Our demo is set for this Saturday, because of the weather it may be too chilly to ride so I am asking for opinions as well. Thank you all for your thoughts!

Question: Am I going to hate or be disappointed in the wakeboard wake on this boat? I typically ride at 23.5-24 mph and hoping for a competitive wake to still do some tricks occasionally. Also, this boat has the PCM 5.7 340 HP motor, I noticed all new models have the 400+ upgrade. Will I have problems with that motor? We typically ride at 1700 foot elevation and will make yearly trips to 3652 foot elevation. I believe I am getting a good deal on this boat if I pull the trigger but I do have my reservations.

Any information or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks again crew!!!

Are you on Saguaro lake by chance? Pretty sure Ive seen you out there.

You will not be dissapointed in the wakboard or surf wake on that boat but make sure you do the ballast upgrade or sack it with some extra lead. The motor is fine with the new vdrive ratio. I demoed that boat when it first came out and it was plenty even when we threw an extra 1500 lbs in it at 1700ft at Saguaro Lake AZ.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

You'll have to prop down with the 5.7 if running more than stock ballast when wakeboarding, otherwise your speed will be all over the place. Been there.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Heavy ballast can exceed a prop's capabilities, regardless of engine. A high HP high torque engine can also exceed a prop's capabilities. A different prop will help with hole shot, speed holding and cavitation.