indycjc    0
The part # is 27-33395. My other side started last weekend so I just ordered a set of ebay so I can fix it next weekend. I ordered 2 gaskets so I will have a spair and I think shipping and all it was $21.

What engine was this for? I have the 330hp scorpion 5.7L

I think I need that too. Hopefully I can get one soon!

GOBIG    4

All the 350 manifolds are the same they are 4 bolt manifolds. Just type that part number in on ebay and they will pop up

Dreamer    96

Are you guys using the sealing compound on your new gaskets? Are you putting any on the bolts as well?

indycjc    0
Are you guys using the sealing compound on your new gaskets? Are you putting any on the bolts as well?

I just did mine, no sealant. I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked ok. no time to test today.

GOBIG    4

I have put gaskets on mine and one of my friends and have not used sealer with no problems at all

kmoney    2

is the tic tic tic most noticable on initial startup?

duramat    462

No , it can creep up on ya and get louder and then it stinks exhaust and the ticking just gets annoying

is the tic tic tic most noticable on initial startup?

What you can tell from initial start up (assume cold start) is, once fired up put your hand under the exhaust covers...if you have a leak, you'll feel the air puffing out. Check both sides, up and back along the covers.

T

TWS    0

Do it yourself. I just had my 3rd gasket go out on my 09 enzo 240. Something about the cold water and starting and stopping maybe. It took under 30 minutes and most of the time is just cleaning the old gasket off. I would not be scared of this self fix. It is an $8 part and you remove the 4 bolts that go in horizontally into the engine block holding on the exhaust manifold. Make sure the surface is scraped clean before you install the new gasket. It would help to have a second person to align the manifold again, but not necessary. The exhaust tube is stiff and will make it feel heavy. Otherwise, this should be a no brainer to repair alone. Buy an extra gasket or two so you can replace it each time it goes. Most shops have this part in stock.

Well it started a few days ago, Tica Tica Tica..... I guess I am one of the lucky folks that got a bad gasket in thier 330 Scorpion 87hrs....

I hope the shop dosen't take too long with it, we are on holidays in two weeks.

indycjc    0

It makes it easier to work with if you take the riser off too. the biggest thing to watch out for is the spark plugs. If you don't take them out you have the chance of breaking them if you drop the manifold. It weighs about 40 lbs, so with one hand it's difficult to hold in place while trying to insert bolts, and keep the gasket from falling out.

I think it took me about 30 minutes start to finish.

Kyle    0
It makes it easier to work with if you take the riser off too. the biggest thing to watch out for is the spark plugs. If you don't take them out you have the chance of breaking them if you drop the manifold. It weighs about 40 lbs, so with one hand it's difficult to hold in place while trying to insert bolts, and keep the gasket from falling out.

I think it took me about 30 minutes start to finish.

A mechanic friend of mine suggested to take a pair of scissors and cut a small portion of the gasket away on each end. This lets you put the mainfold on using the two end bolts without messing with the gasket yet. Get the 2 bolts started and then slide the gasket in place, hanging the gasket on the bolts between the engine and manifold. Then put the other two bolts in and tighten all. Peice of cake. If you shop arround you can even find the gaskets with the cut way manufactured into it.

Here is one for a chrysler, I couldn't find one for a gm, but they are out there.

post-835-1280962435_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kyle

Enzomatic    1

I believe the problem with the Merc's is the manifold they use.

If you do this repair yourself you will notice that the manifold does not use all the bolt holes in the block like a truck exhaust manifold would. The outside exhaust ports only have the outside bolt used. The water jackets don't leave room to use the other bolt hole so the next one used is the holes on the center ports.

Here is a picture of the gaskets so you can see what I mean.

I always keep these around for spares. I used high temp sealant when replacing and have not had another failure in 300 hours. My first set on this boat lasted over 250. My last boat they popped at 45 hours.

post-38-1281203421_thumb.jpg

Jeremy    2

I heard the ticking sound from the starboard side on my boat last week. It has the 330 black scorpion motor. It was really easy to fix. The hardest part was scraping the old gasket material of the exhaust manifold. The fix would be under warranty but I knew it would be easier and faster to just fix it myself. It is only four bolts. The gasket was eight dollars from the local dealer. I bought two so I have a backup.

Here you can see the connector part of the gasket is bowed out from the block. When I saw this I knew it hadn't been lined up correctly from the factory.

Misalligned-gasket.jpg

Bent-Gasket.jpg

Here you can see the bolt hole wasn't lined up either.

Gasket-Leak.jpg

Anyone have a good picture of where exactly this is? Just replaced the impeller thanks to you guy and the good pictures.

Jeremy    2

Anyone have a good picture of where exactly this is? Just replaced the impeller thanks to you guy and the good pictures.

Post 6 has a good picture.

Yea I couldn't tell from that pic exactly how it ran. I guess i need to go out and look for it at the engine itself. Raining and 50 degrees so I have some time.

Jeremy    2

I had to replace the gasket on the other side too so I took some more pictures. The gasket was misaligned on this side too.

I like setting the manifold on the brace for the ski pylon so I don't have to hold it up while I scrape the old gasket off the block and manifold. Just remove the small hose on the top of the manifold and lift it up some and slide it onto the brace. On the other side I disconnected the cooling line that goes down to the shaft seal. Then make sure to scrape all the old gasket off.

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

Edited by Jeremy

superdtf    68

Both of mine went the first month of the first year, 2008, about three weeks apart. The dealer, M&M, changed them out in no time and covered it under warranty. We're still good 200 hours later.

Troy    234

Just got hit with this myself. 163.8 hrs. Starboard side. Mine looked liked just like Jeremy (Post #73). Took a bit to change (30 min per side) but easy. :thumbsup:

superdtf    68

Just got hit with this myself. 163.8 hrs. Starboard side. Mine looked liked just like Jeremy (Post #73). Took a bit to change (30 min per side) but easy. :thumbsup:

Nice, what part did you use? Merc or Napa?