rockballer    162

So far leaning towards the yellow metallic and black. But I also like the kawasaki green and white.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

carguy79ta    67

looks awesome. post up your hull colors. I lean towards a black hull then go from there. I am playing with the colorizer to give the 2 dealers I am talking to the colors so they can price up a RI 257.

Darkside    248

Of all of those in like the black with yellow flake. This is personal choice, I personally am not a fan of the "SURF" logos on boats. I like black boats though.

Bongo Fury    640

looks awesome. post up your hull colors. I lean towards a black hull then go from there. I am playing with the colorizer to give the 2 dealers I am talking to the colors so they can price up a RI 257.

For what it's worth I would not split hairs on saving a few of thousand dollars on a boat like that.....the choice of dealers is worth so much more than that in the ownership of these boats....get a good deal for sure..... but I would also be sure to go with the best dealer even if you pay a little bit more.....my dealer is a huge part of my enjoyment of my boat....just my 2 cents.

luluzer    50

Eeny meany miny moe - black and yellow is the way to go. Be forwarned tho: my last boat had a black hull and although it looks bad tush on and off the trailer, water spots contrast against a dark hull. My solution was lots of hot sauce and extra elbow grease to keep her shiny, so be prepared to wipe her down every time every where if you go with a dark hulled boat.

Regardless of which color scheme you choose - beautiful boat!!! Enjoy the new wave

carguy79ta    67

my 15 A22 has a black hull, red flake and I love it. I wipe it down after every use and white vinegar and water take off water spots. am thinking of Surdyke lake Ozark or a dealer just west of Chicago. I am in stl. anybody have any experience with either? I did surf Surdyke's ri237 and they were very friendly but they didn't know how to setup the wave. I have reached out to them have not called the Chicago dealer yet

Darkside    248

For what it's worth I would not split hairs on saving a few of thousand dollars on a boat like that.....the choice of dealers is worth so much more than that in the ownership of these boats....get a good deal for sure..... but I would also be sure to go with the best dealer even if you pay a little bit more.....my dealer is a huge part of my enjoyment of my boat....just my 2 cents.

I agree a good dealer is paramount. At one time I had similar view, awesome dealer is worth paying more for. However my last 2 boats have been horrible (both Malibus). Well paying a bit extra, on multiple transactions doesn't work out well. Fortunately my new Centurion dealer has a great staff and they are very competitive as well, so win win.

wheels    151

After having a black hull on my last boat I went back and forwards so many times on ordering my ri237 with a black hull but finally decided to go white. The black hulls while they look so nice I found so much maintenance and shows every little mark. I keep my boat on a lift and am in one of the hardest water lakes.

NAW    2

I sure wouldn't spend well north of 6 figures based on a video review, or a message board. But, to some, 150K+ US is a drop in the bucket, so I digress.

I applaud the OP for his commitment to the dealer.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who has spent a good amount of time behind an M235. It's a pretty exclusive boat that's not for everyone.

That being said, I don't think you'll find many M235 owners on the Malibu Forums either....kind of like why you don't see Lamborghini commercials on TV...those who can buy them aren't spending their evenings on the couch watching the tube.

Best of luck, put on a drysuit and get your demo on!

Bawshogg    77

I spent come time behind the M235. It IS the best surf boat Malibu has...I think that just boils down to overall size of the boat and weight. Nothing specifically desgined to surf better than the rest of the line.

In my experience it couldn't touch ANY of the RI series waves. Now you may be able to "dial" the 235 a bit better, but as far as do some basic setup and ride, The RI's kill the 235 in overall wave shape, power, and firmness in the flats.

rockballer    162

I typically do not leave the boat in the water any longer than a few days over the entire season. It is stored outside during the summer though. So not sure how fast the black will fade during the summer being exposed to the sun 3-5 months out of the year.

Also anyone have any issues with the newer leather? Just wondering what covers tend to bleed into the upholstery.

Edited by rockballer

jtryon    24

resale is going to be tough on yellow, green or purple, if you're worried about that. IMO the best looking boat you posted is the red/grey.

carguy79ta    67

I surfed the M235 but the water conditions weren't optimal..on a river. they were messing with the settings and I think the wedge was deployed which gave huge push. I like a longer wave tho to move up and down. I surfed the RI 237 and it had good push also. not dialed in..I adjusted itself and set the settings then surfed it and it was good. I surfed the dealers board which would have normally be to small for me just fine. body wt 210. it looked smaller than the 4ft8 volt

Darkside    248

I am guessing Rockballer actually is comparing to 23 LSV, which does not surf even remotely as well as the RI, plus to get a decent wave you need big PNP and a bow bag, making the bow unusable, and having exposed ballast. Even with this the LSV is no even remotely in the same league as the RI surf wave.

• Like 1