MFaso

Let's talk wakesurf boards...

Cwazy1    89

Most of Jeff's boards start at $875+shipping, so minimum of $925. Then with a custom paint job its an additional $100. You're looking at $1025 all in for a custom board.

Soulcraft is and probably will remain the "best" in wakesurfing for the premium price point. He still hand shapes each board from a stock foam blank. This is why he only produces a limited amount each year. Doomswell is able to drop the price point to $700 because they essentially CNC out a predetermined shape designed in CAD, a final sanding is done, and then glass is applied. It takes the really meticulous work of carving the board shape, out of the equation.

Isn't a SC 1k+? 1200+ maybe?(I don't know much about the bottom end price and high end price)

IMO everyone who wants to reach the upper end of boards, should go get a Soulcraft custom made to their ride style and size. I do understand that not everyone can/will spend that kind of money on a board. In which case if you still want good materials, but less customized to rider, and still highly performant, you've got Doomswell to fill that segment.

In today's market, it seems like $700+ mass produced epoxy boards are a dime a dozen, every Inland Surfer is that price, many Ronix boards are there, lots of Byerly, Phase5 and etc. etc. Those are IMO a rip off and I'd take a Doomswell all day any day for that price point.

Edited by Cwazy1

h20king    794

What I'm saying is the doomswell boards are 650 or so. They aren't the same price. :)

you can get a custom soulcraft without custom graphics for the same money.

h20king    794

Do a price check tell Jeff I sent you and let us know what he quotes you. He is a close personal friend of ours. I think you might be surprised that the cost will be super close.

h20king    794

You can get a custom soulcraft without custom graphics or custom color for only $200 more than a doomswell. $825 for skim, Honu or slider and $875 for all others. In the grand scheme of things what's $200 ?

Edited by h20king

Cdifranco    463

+25% in the scheme of things. Or 70+ gallons of gas at today's lake price.

Edited by Cdifranco

stoked    1,039

Dude starts the thread saying he can get two P5 boards for free asking which ones should he get for his skill level, and here we are on page 4 buying $1000 boards?

• Like 5

Cwazy1    89

Cocaine, its a hell of a drug!

Dude starts the thread saying he can get two P5 boards for free asking which ones should he get for his skill level, and here we are on page 4 buying $1000 boards?

• Like 1

h20king    794

caught this thread at the end so to be honest I have not read it all. I like p5 boards and have one myself. Free is a great price and they are quality boards.

h20king    794

+25% in the scheme of things. Or 70+ gallons of gas at today's lake price.

compared to the 80k + most of us have spent to buy our boats I don't see it as a big deal but I guess to some it might be .

MFaso    56

haha...true. I was just trying to get a feel for what I'm getting myself into. It's cool. I'm taking in all the feedback. I'm not going to put 1k+ into a board summer #1. It seems like there are plenty of options that I will have just as much fun with.

• Like 1

49faith    4

compared to the 80k + most of us have spent to buy our boats I don't see it as a big deal but I guess to some it might be .

It was to me, although I got my Doom for less than MSRP so the gap is even greater. This is the first board that's MINE and I'm still a novice, so I got something a bit nicer than an off the shelf IS or Ronix. I'm not opposed to a custom SC in the future. I love a lot of the art that's available so that's what I'd want if I ever felt like I was good enough to justify the price. We'll see.

h20king    794

haha...true. I was just trying to get a feel for what I'm getting myself into. It's cool. I'm taking in all the feedback. I'm not going to put 1k+ into a board summer #1. It seems like there are plenty of options that I will have just as much fun with.

yeah I get that I did not read all the thread. My fist season I started with a Is blue lake then made the jump to soulcraft the next season.

h20king    794

I started on a CWB Tsunami, then went to a IS Yellow Loogey. Miss that board...

I have a carbon rail green loogey we could do some sort of trade for. I'll be rocking a soulcraft plan B this year :)

Cwazy1    89

Ah, no wonder they keep posting pictures on instagram with HUGE piles of boards pre-packaged and ready to go..

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807429 some interesting info in this thread that I was not aware of for any of you considered spending cash on a doomswell . Sounds like you are getting a made over seas board at a premium price according to Nick at chaos.

MFaso    56

hmmm...I wonder if Cdifranco can comment on that. I think he knows them personally. According to their FB page and their website, they are made in the USA. That should be updated if untrue...

h20king    794

Nick from chaos knows them as well and is also located in Texas. He has been in the game since the beginning. If he says so I believe him. If it is true and they are advertising made in the USA but selling boards made over seas it will eventually come out.

Cdifranco    463

hmmm...I wonder if Cdifranco can comment on that. I think he knows them personally. According to their FB page and their website, they are made in the USA. That should be updated if untrue...

Nick from chaos knows them as well and is also located in Texas. He has been in the game since the beginning. If he says so I believe him. If it is true and they are advertising made in the USA but selling boards made over seas it will eventually come out.

Word on the street is they are in the process of finalizing them being changed... Couldn't keep up with the demand building them here as the sport is continuing to grow so rapidly. Nowhere is it advertised on the website that they are made here in the US anymore that I saw but Facebook it still does but is being changed shortly, cons of having a small team is not being able to touch every detail immediately. Ill be honest, I wasn't aware until you just posted it. Was told It stayed that way for a while as they were planning on still building customs here in the USA for a while.

And last I checked your boy Nick does the same. Builds some of his boards at the Hope factory in Shenzhen China but I find it funny when competitors trash talk each other for business growth. Goes to show how wakesurfing is no longer a friendly community and just out for the money. For the record I have no affiliation with Doom. I'm just a fan who's got to know the owner over buying multiple boards throughout the years and have never been let down by the product. I can personally vouch the quality has not suffered at all, both as a surfer, and an experienced manufacturing engineer who's scoped out their process back then and now. As far of the newest boards, in 19 days when the boats back in the water ill be riding one of each.

Still not sure why you say a premium price either. Some Chinese Manufactured Ronix boards go for 850$. Doom is still below that price. And they're manufactured the exact same way they were here.

Also you said a few comments ago to get in touch with Jeff to see where they landed, so for S's &G's I did as I am never against buying a new board regardless of its make. Hell I own roughly 12-16 boards an only 6 are Doomswells. Was told 875$ no graphics or anything plus additional shipping and looking out multiple weeks. So again priced above the competition.

Edited by Cdifranco

MFaso    56

Thanks Chris. I actually saw DOOM just removed the USA from facebook. I'm still good with it. As a newbie I checked out a TON of prices and boards and reviews on boards. I took everything from this post and googled the $hit out of it comparing everything.

Not that the other guys (Jeff and nick I think it was) probably aren't just as cool to their customers, or potential customers but I didn't feel like they made something I should be looking at as a "first board". I didn't speak to them. I did speak to Brock and he had no real idea I would even buy a doom. He was throwing me advice and helping me out as a "new guy" who has a new surf boat.

I've made the mistake of buying a wakeskate that wasn't right for me at all and I couldn't ride it. The guy who sold it to me knew I drove an hour(each way) to check boards out with my wife and kids and he still didn't guide me correctly. That store went out of business shortly after...(Strange coincidence? naaaa)

I'm gonna stick with the P5 model X to learn on and end up using as the board people try when they come out with me.(we have various friends and family out all summer) I'm also buying the Neo 4'8 as the board I will hopefully get a few summers out of. That one is just for me and my buddy who I grew up surfing and snowboarding with.

I appreciate all the help here. I hope I can return the favor to you guys and some other newbies once I get a little more seasoned.

It's a blizzard here right now by the way. It can't get warm early this season, huh? :/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..