mgiardinelli

2007 CENTURION ENZO SV216

Hey all,

I am looking at this 2007 Centurion Enzo SV216. Is it actually a good surf boat? I would hope so, given it says "Surf" on the side, but it is almost 10 years old now.

http://www.olingermarine.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=2230273&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xpreownedinventory

What would be a reasonable price for this? The SV230 and SV240's for that year seem to be in the 40k+ range. Haven't seen it in person, yet, so just looking at the pics it looks decent.

As always, appreciate the info on this forum!

--MG

Bongo Fury    640

The 216 is more of a multi sport boat. It does not have the deep V of the 230 or 240. I had a 2008 Falcon V with a similar hull. The boat will surf well however it will also require a ton of weight to do so. If you are looking for a boat to primarily surf, I would look more to the deep V hulls. I loved my Falcon V and as I said we had it surfing very well, but nothing like my 233....there were others on the site who surfed the 216....search around and you will find more info.

• Like 1

Dreamer    96

Yes, if you're actually wanting a good "surf" boat an SV230 or SV240 would be a much better option.

volzalum    280

I had a 216, and after I pulled the hard tanks and put in custom sacs, it would surf pretty good, but nothing compared to the deep vees. The hull is closer to a Malibu than the 230/233 or 240/244. One of the surf assist systems would work like the Malibu SurfGate on their hulls. The surf sticker was most likely put on the boat by the dealer after he received it in trade, as the 216/220 never got them from the factory.

• Like 1

Tonykeck    4

Worst dealer ever,he lost his centurion line because of his tactics,steer clear..now only sells pontoons and Sanger and puts a surf sticker on every boat he sells....my two cents because I live in the area....

Bongo Fury    640

Adam has a reputation for sure.....I bought my Falcon V from him when he was still in Paso Robles.

MobEnzo    51

I have a 216 and works great for us. I plumbed in 1100s in rear lockers, and left factory mid ships. I can't compare to any of the other boats mentioned (or any other surf boat), but we're able to go cordless as long as we want. Just progressing into tricks, so maybe that is when we grow out of it? Not sure your budget or length constraints, but would also consider a little newer for a 211 or ss210. I believe they have the deep "v" that others mentioned. Supreme 226 is another boat I would look at in a little smaller length. Those would likely be boats I would look at in the future for upgrade, but not anytime soon. Maybe by then I'll be looking at the RI 217! :)

I have a 216 and works great for us. I plumbed in 1100s in rear lockers, and left factory mid ships. I can't compare to any of the other boats mentioned (or any other surf boat), but we're able to go cordless as long as we want. Just progressing into tricks, so maybe that is when we grow out of it? Not sure your budget or length constraints, but would also consider a little newer for a 211 or ss210. I believe they have the deep "v" that others mentioned. Supreme 226 is another boat I would look at in a little smaller length. Those would likely be boats I would look at in the future for upgrade, but not anytime soon. Maybe by then I'll be looking at the RI 217! :)

Thanks! I am also looking at a SV211, just was trying to stay closer to the 40k range. Also, all the electronics on a 5+ yr old boat scares me :).

DjOM21    59

Thanks! I am also looking at a SV211, just was trying to stay closer to the 40k range. Also, all the electronics on a 5+ yr old boat scares me :).

I have a 2008 Enzo in tip top shape I am thinking of moving. Its surfing pedigree is well established. I don't want to spam this board with details so hit me up if interested as I would like to see it got to a good home:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/calgary/2008-centurion-enzo-sv230-low-hours-clean-surf-boat/1215674951?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

enzo101mo    98

I also bought my 2005 Enzo from Adam Olinger and I agree he wasn't a good dealer at all. All he was interested in is moving his boats and doesn't take care of his customers. I also bought my boat in Paso Robles, Ca. I took a friend over to his Paso store and he didn't know anything about the boat then I had to explain the details to my friend. Adam then said to me Wow you know your suff. He had no service department to work on your boat. He moves boat all over the world but bad customer relations

Dizzle    1

I have an 08 216 falcon v. I love it. It surfs well. You do have to weight it. I took a bit to dial in my wave. But I have it down. I have even dialed in the goofy side. Busting 360s and hanging cheaters 5s on the longboard. It's a lot of fun. It's a multi sport boat for sure. For the money and utility it is serving us well. Wife kids and my surf buddies. My buddy has a Enzo and it surfs. And thats what it does best. The 216 puts out a nice wakeboard wake and if drain everything out and have minimal people you could ski behind it too. Or tube if you have little kids. The length saves you on moorage too and it fits nicely in the rv bay. But if you are spending $$$$$ in a boat moorage $$ is not a big concern.

• Like 1

pwarning    5

I have a 2008 Enzo in tip top shape I am thinking of moving. Its surfing pedigree is well established. I don't want to spam this board with details so hit me up if interested as I would like to see it got to a good home:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/calgary/2008-centurion-enzo-sv230-low-hours-clean-surf-boat/1215674951?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I bought a 2008 Enzo SV230 a few years ago and absolutely love it. It has an enzo sac on the port side and puts out a really great wave in only 10' of water. I looked for about a year before landing on Centurion and the Enzo series but have had had 0 problems with the boat. My only issue is the people that live on the river complaining about the wave that hits their seawalls. I highly recommend this boat as one of the best bang for your buck boats out there. Also, keep in mind that boats are not like cars in that a 10 year old boat is risky. Most owners baby them and you can tell a lot about the quality of the boat from the hours and condition of the interior.