steve300ex    0

Hey I'm heavily considering buying the automated system. I have a 05 avy non c4 We list it 2500lb to Surfing side plus brick on platform. I mainly go with my dad who is goofy and I'm regular. So it's a PITA ! As you know we get good wave listed. I talked to guys at wakemakers and gonsurf assist. They both are telling me it's leaps and bounds better wave. Longer more push and I can change shape on fly. They were pretty convincing. My fear is 4K and 30 holes later I'm not gonna be as pleased as just listing. Wakemakers basicly told me that it essentially does what delta or other slap on device does. So I guess if they work on the boat then this will too. Anyone with older model centurion try wave control or heard of someone? Hard to find centurion info on it. I know generally centurion guys hate on surf devices but I kinda thought it was just bias. Has anyone have experience with deltas and such with better results then listing ? Also, I'm really trying to get rid of bags all over the place as well. I'm considering to custom bags. One reverse Enzo for walkthru and one custom Enzo style. So I would have free seats and just walkthru showing. So I'm hoping I can totally evenly wait the boat to take advantage of push button side change. Thanks for your help in advance. Let me know your thoughts. Frequent reader but not so much posting.

Cdifranco    463

Get a delta and save 3600$ They work as advertised for a lot of different hulls and boats

truekaotik    458

Delta is most expensive choice, some others are cheaper and work good. It also can be as cheap as $40 if you make it yourself...

adding a 4K surf system is a lot of money but makes it work with a push of a button...

It's different than listing is what I will say.

1. Engine works harder so you NEED a Surf prop!

2. It creates More push at rear of wave this way.

3. Bow is higher with rear full and we found adding bow weight helps boat.

4. Spray off suck gate is 8-10 feet high..

Edited by truekaotik

steve300ex    0

It is pricey. I considered looking at a newer boat. However, that is even pricier. You really need to be over 60k for a surf system boat used and that's the low end. I will have to wait atleast 5 yrs before I can talk my wife into that with 2 babies. If they are into boating then that is an option later. The way I see it my boat is maybe worth 30k if I invest 5 in custom bags and wave control then I'm still in good position. I own the boat also. I have come to terms with spending the money I think. I just don't want to be unsatisfied with the wave or worse having to still list with this thing. I am hoping for true weight balance and really just pressing the button to change sides.

luluzer    50

I put the GSA on my 2012 V226. I ran the system with about 4000 lbs ballast and it kicked a very nice wave. Pushy and tall. I always felt my listed waves looked better, but the GSA was a very nice wave. Got to the point where I only ran the GSA by the end primarily to switch sides on the fly. Weight on the bow is key. I had about 300lbs lead and 2 400 lb sacs on the side of the bow, 1100s in the rear mostly full (maybe 800) and all factory full. Pretty sure if you get a wedge / block or similar product you will want to run similar weight ("pooh-ton" is the scientific term i think).

I have a buddy the got the ronix block / wedge. He had a 2011 Malibu that would only surf port. The wedge solved that and had a decent wave, not as pushy imo as my 226, but decent shape and lenght for a malibu (but you know their waves kinda suck right) but the GSA on the 226 was better. It took him about 1 minute, maybe 2 if the wedge got stuck, to stop, pul it, switch, and go. The GSA was on the fly, but did take 50% tab on the port side and maybe 20 seconds to clean on the port side when switching instantly.

Honestly, i do not regret the $$$$ for my purposes of wanting to switch on the fly, that was nice, and work on both sides. The question you want to ask yourself is that option worth the dough to you. If switching on the fly is not that important to you, than get a wedge for days when you have a goofy dude on your boat like me, or for when you are wet and don't mind waiting 60 seconds after you fall to switch the block and try the other side. The GSA guys argue this with me, but even though i went away from it at the end, nothing touched the listed waves.

Good luck with your decision!

luluzer    50

Oh yeah, running more weight you will burn more gas. You don't say where you run but i ran into power issues with my 350 getting to surf plane with the extra ballast at my elevation (6000'). I am upgrading because of that issue to a larger motor, but i do run at over a mile above sea level. Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions about running the GSA.

steve300ex    0

Guys at wakemakers told me to keep running weight in rear ? If we're in 1-10 and listing was 10 what would you rate the gsa wave? I guess ultimately if you kept using gsa it must have been worth it to run level. 90% of time it's me and my dad. He is goofy and I'm regular. I have small kids that are gonna be coming out in year or so. I would like boat to run level for that reason also.

luluzer    50

I would rate the wave an 8.5, but the true benefit, IMO, is not a better wave but instant switch (I also enjoyed running a level boat over a listed boat). Listed or with a block you are going to see a very similar wave if weighted right (albeit less weight if listed). There is a difference but its like Pepsi and coke, yeah its there but you will happily drink either if you hot and thirsty for a surf). My advice, if its just you and your pops, and if your are not wanting to switch sides while you are riding, only when you switch turns, then the cheaper option is the way to go. If your goal is to ride switch on the fly or jump from side to side during a session, then splurge on the GSA and you will be happy. If you want a level boat with the option to switch sides when switching riders without the drain and fill, then the cheaper option is the way to go.

Hope this info helps. Hit me with more questions if you have any.

jtryon    24

i would do "slappers" as the guys on the MB board call them. malibu surfgate-style gates fully automated can be done for less than half of the wavecontrol system, and is a very proven system. martinarcher on the malibu forums has a kit with everything you need for the automation other than the actuators, and tons of guys over there use it with great success. get that, actuators and some 3/4" HDPE tabs and you'll be able to switch on the fly just like the new boats. IMO the benefit of the malibu-style system is that you don't need to run as much weight as wavecontrol which means less gas burned each time out.

two threads to look through if you need convincing:

http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.php/topic/4331-slappers-kcso-part-1/

http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.php/topic/4348-slappers-kcso-part-2-installation/

super1990    18

I have had mine for 1 year now on a 2008 Enzo SV230 and I run both Enzo sacs full and about 500 bow weight and my push and length is longer level then listed. Check out my videos to see the wave.https://vimeo.com/172614995

• Like 1

Dizzle    1

Make a slap on wedge for your goofy riders. Put it on the right side. I weight the rear 750 in the corner I am surfing. 500 or so on the right when going goofy and then i will put 400 mid boat under the seat and 200 on the opposite side and hundred of lead in the bow. I would put more in the bow. I adjust for passengers. My homemade wedge sunction contraption works great for cleaning up the goofy side. I designed it to have angle adjust forward and side to side. 36$ and two hours of time. It's night and day difference for goofy riders. For the right side I put it on the left. I have determined it is not necessary to use it for the right side. It lengthens the wave a little but it definitely takes some of the height away and push seems to suffer some too. Save your money. Build yourself a wedge. I have no spray. It's never fallen off. Never damaged my boat. My goofy foot friends started calling dr wakenstein after I made this thing.