MFaso

About to buy a 2017 S238...I have some questions

Hey @Race City Marine & @NWBoard Sports

What do you guys think about 1000# sumo sacs for the rear lockers and say 250# of lead for port and starboard mid ship? Also, are the quick full tanks (rear) 500# or 750#.

I ran 750's in my lockers last year, which appeared to fill completely. I was thinking about trying out the 1000# sumos, though it will be more stress on the engine divider and the overflow hose on top of the sac, and really all of the connection points. I'll prob give it a whirl though, I bet I could crank in another 100 to 150 per side. Which would actually allow me to take out the lead bags in the rear...but I won't, haha. Having some lead on the cabin floor as well is nice so you can bias the weight to one side just a little.

Cwazy1    89

The sizes of the locks on the 226 and 238 are completely different due to the shape of the quick fill tanks right below them. The 226's locker is significantly bigger and will accomodate the huge 1100 sack whereas the 238 has a much smaller locker and does not accomodate a 1100 or even a 1000 very well.

I personally have ridden both boats with the 'same' amount of added weight.. The 226 had stock PNP bags (550 each side) and I brought an extra 500 bag. The 238 also had the stock PNP (550 each side) and there was an extra 450 in lead. With that being said the 226 was able to throw a good ridable wave. The 238 was not.

For my crew size, I don't need the larger boat, which ultimately requires more weight to sack down and thus more cost overall.

I went with a 226.

Is there any difference in the size of PNP bow bags that will fit between the 226 and 238? Also, IYO, do see a big difference in waves between the two boats?

• Like 1

ericl11    6

Are the fittings on the bags interchangeable? PNP bags in my 238 are flyhigh if I remember correctly. Simple plug and play exchange?

Are the fittings on the bags interchangeable? PNP bags in my 238 are flyhigh if I remember correctly. Simple plug and play exchange?

Pretty much, but they glue the fittings in the bags so you'll never get them out.

I believe pipe sealant if the best application for the job, not the pipe cement. I've used 90 degree npt fittings with a hose barb on one end and had better luck than the fly high fittings as well.

dejoeco    59

So we bought a lake house in 2008 then needed a boat. I really liked the Falcon V and bought one. Loved it!!! Shortly thereafter I discovered this site. Then discovered surfing. With the help of the Crew we had that Falcon V slammed and surfing really well but wanted more. We then upgraded to the SV233 with the idea of an awesome wave and no extra weight. That was ok until a month or so after we had the boat and we threw a 400 on the seat for the first time. Wave went from good to epic. Still tweaking and finding ways to improve it. The endless quest for the perfect wave!

Once you ride a really really good wave, you will never want to go back. We surfed and did 3's behind an old direct drive Tige but once we rode the SV233 we could hardly do anything behind the old Tige. A great wave will also allow you to improve and enjoy the ride substantially more. my.02

dejoeco    59

I'm in Ocala fl. Not real warm in the winter but can definitely pick some days to play as long as I'm not in the water. My daughter is super excited and wanted to get a wetsuit to fit in a few days before things warm up.

Boat has the extra pnp bags which I may upgrade to 750s and maybe adding more under the port and starboard seats. Would it be better to add bags or go with lead under seats.

Did spend an hour or so on it yesterday and played with the wave. Way easier to control than my 07 Enzo, but didn't look as tall with the limited time I had. Love the 409. Pushed it real nice with everything but the bow bags loaded.

If you ever need help, let me know. We are from Sarasota/Lake Placid Florida.

dejoeco    59

I'd leave it stock until you can really figure it out. There's a ton to read in this post on stock surfable vs non-stock surfable. Some started off saying surfable out of the box wasn't going to happen.

There is surf-able and there is SURF-ABLE.... not the same. You need the bags!

ericl11    6

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet due to a family issues. Now it's just a little too cold for me. I may just bite the bullet, upgrade the current PNP bags and add the extra bags before things heat up. I sure don't want to lose a prime weekend.

If you ever need help, let me know. We are from Sarasota/Lake Placid Florida.

Cdifranco    463

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet due to a family issues. Now it's just a little too cold for me. I may just bite the bullet, upgrade the current PNP bags and add the extra bags before things heat up. I sure don't want to lose a prime weekend.

Too cold in Florida? Half of us are in ski season, suck it up buttercup, those of us in 10 months of winter are relying on you to keep our sanity till spring!
  • Like 1

ericl11    6

Too cold in Florida? Half of us are in ski season, suck it up buttercup, those of us in 10 months of winter are relying on you to keep our sanity till spring!

That's some good stuff right there. Laughed out loud!

• Like 1

dejoeco    59

That is what I would do. Will you attend the Customer Appreciation Day at Transition?

ericl11    6

I'm planning on being there. Working with them now to get the weights and sacs upgraded. Felt like a wuss after my last comment (thanks Cdifranco) so ordered my daughter a new wetsuit to start our season a little earlier than anticipated.

That is what I would do. Will you attend the Customer Appreciation Day at Transition?

Edited by ericl11
  • Like 1

luluzer    50

Glad to hear we helped motivate you - even if it was thru a little peer pressure. Put some pics up when you get out there for all of us that are literally "knee deep into winter"

dcaggiano    1

I own a 2017 Supreme S238 (bought last fall) and I am looking at maxing out the ballast for the upcoming season. Any solid recommendations anyone can give that will allow me to do this. I have 4 kids and the two older ones surfed no problem with the stock ballast but my wife and I had a pretty tough time, although it was better when friends were in the boat with us.

Thanks in advance for your help! :) David

Edited by dcaggiano

luluzer    50

Dcaggino, Race City Marine has a thread under the Supreme Accessories section labeled S238 Add on Sacks. It has photos and instructions for adding as much liquid ballast as possible under the seats. The wafe looks sick in the pics.

Leade also works well under the seats but doesn't empty. Dont be afraid to add more weight anywhere you can fit it.

Good luck getting her dailed in

• Like 2

dcaggiano    1

Dcaggino, Race City Marine has a thread under the Supreme Accessories section labeled S238 Add on Sacks. It has photos and instructions for adding as much liquid ballast as possible under the seats. The wafe looks sick in the pics.

Leade also works well under the seats but doesn't empty. Dont be afraid to add more weight anywhere you can fit it.

Good luck getting her dailed in

Thanks for the info Fresh Fish I really appreciate it and will definitely check it out!

h20king    794

I own a 2017 Supreme S238 (bought last fall) and I am looking at maxing out the ballast for the upcoming season. Any solid recommendations anyone can give that will allow me to do this. I have 4 kids and the two older ones surfed no problem with the stock ballast but my wife and I had a pretty tough time, although it was better when friends were in the boat with us.

Thanks in advance for your help! :) David

the NW Boat Sport's bag upgrade is plug and play then add six hundred pounds of lead and you are in ballpark. Best wake comes from listing. You can get almost the same wake on both sides when set up properly. We put 150 hours on our 238 last year so we have it dialed
  • Like 1

h20king    794

welcome back H!

Wakemakers has updated their ballast bag upgrade section to include model specific upgrades including joined double bags. Here is the one that everyone talks about for the 238.

https://www.wakemakers.com/supreme-s238-bag-buster-kit.html

Thanks been busy with house projects getting ready to put it on the market.

welcome back H!

Wakemakers has updated their ballast bag upgrade section to include model specific upgrades including joined double bags. Here is the one that everyone talks about for the 238.

https://www.wakemakers.com/supreme-s238-bag-buster-kit.html

Seems like a weak upgrade for the price, unless they are being very conservative on their numbers. A 750 fills completely in the rear lockers with room to spare and there's lots more room than 195lbs under the seats. However if they give you the proper hoses and connections, that may be worth $500 right there if you've never messed with it before.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..