MFaso

About to buy a 2017 S238...I have some questions

Nick213    583
ericl11    6

Very interesting thread. I just picked up my well optioned 17 S238 and will try to play around with it this winter and try to dial things in.

MFaso    56

Very interesting thread. I just picked up my well optioned 17 S238 and will try to play around with it this winter and try to dial things in.

Let us know Eric! There is no playing here in the winter at all. Lake freezes over and it becomes a snow mobile and ice fisherman home... My boat is being built but will be here for next season which starts around May for us. Water is COLD in May but i'll go in if it means I can surf it for the first time! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

Thanks,

Mike

ericl11    6

I'm in Ocala fl. Not real warm in the winter but can definitely pick some days to play as long as I'm not in the water. My daughter is super excited and wanted to get a wetsuit to fit in a few days before things warm up.

Boat has the extra pnp bags which I may upgrade to 750s and maybe adding more under the port and starboard seats. Would it be better to add bags or go with lead under seats.

Did spend an hour or so on it yesterday and played with the wave. Way easier to control than my 07 Enzo, but didn't look as tall with the limited time I had. Love the 409. Pushed it real nice with everything but the bow bags loaded.

• Like 1

NW Boat Sports    232

I'm in Ocala fl. Not real warm in the winter but can definitely pick some days to play as long as I'm not in the water. My daughter is super excited and wanted to get a wetsuit to fit in a few days before things warm up.

Boat has the extra pnp bags which I may upgrade to 750s and maybe adding more under the port and starboard seats. Would it be better to add bags or go with lead under seats.

Did spend an hour or so on it yesterday and played with the wave. Way easier to control than my 07 Enzo, but didn't look as tall with the limited time I had. Love the 409. Pushed it real nice with everything but the bow bags loaded.

Do 750's with a couple of lead bags under the fat sacs and under the seats. There is a quick fill shelf, but 2-3 bags up against the shelf..

MFaso    56

I'd leave it stock until you can really figure it out. There's a ton to read in this post on stock surfable vs non-stock surfable. Some started off saying surfable out of the box wasn't going to happen.

Nolance    18

Congrats on the new boat. Regardless of what anybody says, you'll soon be adding extra weight. The slightly listed boat wave is far superior to anything you can do with the surf system. You will find yourself using them only to clean up your wave.

stoked    1,039

If there was anyone to listen to on this site, it's NW Boat Sports. They know how to dial every fineline boat and unlike a lot of dealers, they actually surf the configurations and speak from firsthand knowledge.

• Like 3

ericl11    6

Thanks for the help. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. I'll start my own once I play around more. Forecasting 80 this weekend (sorry northerners :) ) so should be able to play some.

• Like 1

NW Boat Sports    232

Thanks guys! We have this 2017 Supreme S238 in our showroom and we are stoked to have the man airing in this photo (HC) coming to our boat show in less than a month!

post-5818-0-82650400-1481603000_thumb.jpg

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 2

DjOM21    59

Hey @Race City Marine & @NWBoard Sports

What do you guys think about 1000# sumo sacs for the rear lockers and say 250# of lead for port and starboard mid ship? Also, are the quick full tanks (rear) 500# or 750#.

• Like 1

Cwazy1    89

The 1000 sumo isn't going to fill completely in the 238. The biggest bag that will fill completely would be the 750.

The 226 on the other hand, has bigger lockers and will support a fully filled 1100 bag.

Quick fills are 500 a side.

Edited by Cwazy1

ericl11    6

Funny. I wast told that the boat used for the pics in the sales brochure was the one I picked up, taken on Lake Weir. That looks llike the sales brochure picture.

Thanks guys! We have this 2017 Supreme S238 in our showroom and we are stoked to have the man airing in this photo (HC) coming to our boat show in less than a month!

Edited by ericl11

Cwazy1    89

Sorry to say that your boat is not the one that was photographed for the brochure.

Differences:

Your boat:

1. white dash accent

2. white dash stitch

3. black rev8's with 2016 grill

Brochure boat:

1. whisper gray dash accent

2. black dash stitching

3. white rev8's with 2017 crosshair slotted grill

I'll have to look at the print brochure tomorrow... Does yours look like this one?

https://supremetowboats.com/boats/s238/

http://www.nwboatsports.com/inventories/2016-supreme-s238/

• Like 1

luluzer    50

The 1000 sumo isn't going to fill completely in the 238. The biggest bag that will fill completely would be the 750.

The 226 on the other hand, has bigger lockers and will support a fully filled 1100 bag.

Quick fills are 500 a side.

Is there any difference in the size of PNP bow bags that will fit between the 226 and 238? Also, IYO, do see a big difference in waves between the two boats?

MFaso    56

The real question is...Did he pull that air with stock ballast or not, and if so, how many people were in the boat. If someone could get the truth on that one it would be great. Not that we are all going to pull that off, especially since some of us aren't 18 anymore, but it would be nice to know.

I'm still waiting for the 2017 video to show up on their website. I hate how they sell a boat without updating their website with all of the info. just recently the standard vs options was updated but the choose your colors section as well as the video is showing the old rack and model. It's 2016, the website updates are huge...... Just my 2 cents. I'm in IT so maybe I'm being to hard on them?(I did buy one anyway but still! lol)

Mike

• Like 1