MFaso

About to buy a 2017 S238...I have some questions

luluzer    50

I vote opt for the extra weight. Weight makes a better wave, pushier and easier to stay in the pocket. Your wife and kids will appreciate the extra push when trying to learn. Weight is most important factor to pushing a wave. You will want the weight, guaranteed. You asked, that's my advice. Good luck with your purchase

MFaso    56

I hear you all. Just still not sure. Not paying maintenance or winterization costs for the first year AND still being able to surf sounds good to me. I 100% understand the wave may not be anywhere near it's full potential and most of you are looking for a huge wave. I'm sure I will be as well but I'm also thinking I will be content for the first summer. Especially since I will most likely have other people in the boat most of the time. So, the added people should help...

I'm still on the fence but I am leaning towards the winterization a bit more based on the above. Also, as I said, I can probably surf the boat with the dealer and then decide which I want maybe even a month after having the boat. SOOOO, maybe that will help me decide. When the dealer couldn't really help on the price any more than they did already, he threw these 2 options in which was a nice gesture and added value($1200) to the deal.

Thanks again. I'm super psyched for winter to come and go. I'm going to be thinking about wake surfing while I'm using my snow blower, freezing my butt off! haha

Mike

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Mark my words, before you hit 25 hours you're going to be saying to yourself "how can I make the wave bigger". No one escapes... :laughing:

• Like 3

MFaso    56

Mark my words, before you hit 25 hours you're going to be saying to yourself "how can I make the wave bigger". No one escapes... :laughing:

HAHA...If so then so be it. I have time to decide. the boat should get in the water in May. I'll take May and June and figure it out.

DrNate    426

Yeah, I would like to re-visit this thread in June.

I say if the dealer really wants to make a sale he will throw in both options! It's winter for crying out loud!

DjOM21    59

The new 2017 sumo sac 1000# bag looks nice and about the same size as a fly high 750# and on sale today @ WM. Just saying!

Hey @ MFaso what do you think of the Supreme Friction Flooring. I am leaning this route if I build out a new one. Never seen it in person though. I like the carpet and gator but my kids need chips, pop and candy to stay happy whist we surf, so I think the friction floor is the most maintenance free option.

• Like 1

MFaso    56

The new 2017 sumo sac 1000# bag looks nice and about the same size as a fly high 750# and on sale today @ WM. Just saying!

Hey @ MFaso what do you think of the Supreme Friction Flooring. I am leaning this route if I build out a new one. Never seen it in person though. I like the carpet and gator but my kids need chips, pop and candy to stay happy whist we surf, so I think the friction floor is the most maintenance free option.

Hi! I'm in the exact same boat(Literally?) haha I walked on it barefoot and got up close and checked it out. It looks like a black rug. It doesn't soak up ANY water at all. It's basically a soft plastic rug. Looks nice too because the bimini for these boats only come in black and the flooring is also black. I have my tower white. Anyway, my kids are always eating chips popcorn and other stuff on the boat. It's all about the snacks. My wife and I both thought the same thing, and when we got into the car and spoke about it, somehow we were on the same page without disagreeing!(Crazy, right? lol) It's one piece. unbutton it and shake it out and put it back. It seems really simple. We are also looking at a cordless rechargeable wet/dry hand vac. They sell them at home depot and on amazon. We figured it was a good investment(they are cheap anyway) for the boat floor.

The RUG option for me, with kids is just out of the question. I also don't really want anything that's going to soak up water. My kids are CONSTANTLY in and out of the water. They have 2 WET towels by the end of the day and sometimes take mine too so I'm drying off with a wet towel.(not a huge problem when it's hot) Or, I drip dry most of the time anyway. I don't want wet spots all over.

The gator is nice looking but it's also not great for the kids in my opinion. Once you stain it, you aren't going to get the marks off without really scrubbing it, which in time is going to make those spots look bad.

All in all, the standard black snap in friction flooring is an awesome option. My last boat had non slip flooring, which was white and it got dirty quick. I was always out there washing it down when everyone was in the water. Made the boat smell nice but it was a pain to always keep clean. the littlest dirt even on the bottom of someone's feet mixed with water and there would be a spot.

Hope this helps. The standard flooring was really a no brainer for us because we felt it was an upgrade from our last boat. I'd also like to think if it even needed to be replaced, it would be the cheapest to replace.(Let's hope that doesn't happen though!)

Mike

luluzer    50

Do you think that 1000#er will fit in the rears? I wouldn't upgrade your floors until the kids are older, my 2 cents

MFaso    56

How do these upgraded sacks work with the screen technology. Doesn't it foul up the % full? I mean 50% may not be 50% anymore. Just thinking about this. I know it's new to supreme but surely other boats have similar measurements and upgraded sacks. Or, are you guys just filling them EVERY time anyway so it doesn't matter that the screen readings aren't spot on after upgrading?

Hope that made sense.(How do you know when the tanks are full? Can they burst if you leave them running and not watch?)

Cwazy1    89

The percentages are based on timers.

All you have to do is to figure out how long it takes for the pumps to fill/drain your new bags, reset the timers and boom, percentages are adjusted for new bags.

How do these upgraded sacks work with the screen technology. Doesn't it foul up the % full? I mean 50% may not be 50% anymore. Just thinking about this. I know it's new to supreme but surely other boats have similar measurements and upgraded sacks. Or, are you guys just filling them EVERY time anyway so it doesn't matter that the screen readings aren't spot on after upgrading?

Hope that made sense.(How do you know when the tanks are full? Can they burst if you leave them running and not watch?)

stoked    1,039

The percentage is based off of fill and drain times which are adjustable. So if you go with larger sacks, you up the time limits and the percentages will still read correctly. If your fill time is 3 minutes you'll see 50% 1 minute and 30 seconds in to it.

Are the 17s wired to a touch screen? I thought the 16s where just rockers and you watched the thru-hull overflows to know when to kill the fill and drain.

Cwazy1    89

yup

Are the 17s wired to a touch screen? I thought the 16s where just rockers and you watched the thru-hull overflows to know when to kill the fill and drain.

DjOM21    59

Do you think that 1000#er will fit in the rears? I wouldn't upgrade your floors until the kids are older, my 2 cents

Seems like they should fit nice. They are same length as the Fly High 750 but 2" more in width and height. This is all theoretical though.

DjOM21    59

Hi! I'm in the exact same boat(Literally?) haha I walked on it barefoot and got up close and checked it out. It looks like a black rug. It doesn't soak up ANY water at all. It's basically a soft plastic rug. Looks nice too because the bimini for these boats only come in black and the flooring is also black. I have my tower white. Anyway, my kids are always eating chips popcorn and other stuff on the boat. It's all about the snacks. My wife and I both thought the same thing, and when we got into the car and spoke about it, somehow we were on the same page without disagreeing!(Crazy, right? lol) It's one piece. unbutton it and shake it out and put it back. It seems really simple. We are also looking at a cordless rechargeable wet/dry hand vac. They sell them at home depot and on amazon. We figured it was a good investment(they are cheap anyway) for the boat floor.

The RUG option for me, with kids is just out of the question. I also don't really want anything that's going to soak up water. My kids are CONSTANTLY in and out of the water. They have 2 WET towels by the end of the day and sometimes take mine too so I'm drying off with a wet towel.(not a huge problem when it's hot) Or, I drip dry most of the time anyway. I don't want wet spots all over.

The gator is nice looking but it's also not great for the kids in my opinion. Once you stain it, you aren't going to get the marks off without really scrubbing it, which in time is going to make those spots look bad.

All in all, the standard black snap in friction flooring is an awesome option. My last boat had non slip flooring, which was white and it got dirty quick. I was always out there washing it down when everyone was in the water. Made the boat smell nice but it was a pain to always keep clean. the littlest dirt even on the bottom of someone's feet mixed with water and there would be a spot.

Hope this helps. The standard flooring was really a no brainer for us because we felt it was an upgrade from our last boat. I'd also like to think if it even needed to be replaced, it would be the cheapest to replace.(Let's hope that doesn't happen though!)

Mike

Thanks - Helpful and well thought out. Good idea on the mini vacuum. I hate lugging out my shop vac to clean the boat. Now to find a 12v with dyson like preformance.

CO Surfer    289

Bingo! I think by the fourth trip out, I was searching for locker bags for my boat. That would have been about 16 hours.

Seems like they should fit nice. They are same length as the Fly High 750 but 2" more in width and height. This is all theoretical though.

750's fit very nice..pic below. I was reluctant to step up to the 1100's as I've had divider issues in the past with other boats, even after reinforcing them. I may try the 1000's as I could probably sneak in a little more water, but I'll be kicking myself if I have divider issues.

818ef4676c15d77d88c5138522a38a58.jpg

MFaso    56

750's fit very nice..pic below. I was reluctant to step up to the 1100's as I've had divider issues in the past with other boats, even after reinforcing them. I may try the 1000's as I could probably sneak in a little more water, but I'll be kicking myself if I have divider issues.

818ef4676c15d77d88c5138522a38a58.jpg

Is this the same size in the 2017s? How do we find out if the back lockers are the same depth, width, height? or is it already known?

skymiker    5

Thanks - Helpful and well thought out. Good idea on the mini vacuum. I hate lugging out my shop vac to clean the boat. Now to find a 12v with dyson like preformance.

not quite Dyson like, but works pretty good, folds up, and has a storage bag:

https://www.amazon.com/PAV1200W-Cyclonic-Action-Automotive-Pivoting-Nose-Handheld/dp/B001AQEQNA

this seems to be the newer model of it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-decker-pivot-automotive-bagless-hand-vac-titanium-red/4891900.p?skuId=4891900

MFaso    56

I don't think that's wet/dry. Dry only. Gotta have wet dry. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..