Boulder Preston

2017 S238 Engine Options

DjOM21    59

Yes its a $10,200 USD option (Retail). According to the option sheet I have.

CO Surfer    289

I'm going to hazard a guess that the H6 is not a popular option on that boat at that price.

Thanks for the info. I live and use my 2016 S238 at 5000 ft. I paid $9K extra to get the H6DI and I am really glad I did. The opportunity to get that engine was a big part of my decision to chose the Supreme.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Their website shows the H5 as still being an option for the 2017 S238. I have the H5 on my SV233 and my lake is at 6,070' elevation and provides plenty of power with the high altitude prop.

• Like 1

H5 is no longer an option...the 409 has more hp and torque on paper than the H5, plus is cheaper. H6 is a ~9K upgrade over the 409 for around +40 hp/tq on paper, so I doubt that will be a popular option.

I'm getting the 409, but thinking about keeping the engine cover from my H5 as it looks waay cooler than the 409. :thumbsup:

Their website shows the H5 as still being an option for the 2017 S238. I have the H5 on my SV233 and my lake is at 6,070' elevation and provides plenty of power with the high altitude prop.

They are much better boat builders than website updaters, so don't hold your breath, ha.

Copenglenn    44

I feel like there was a 409 vs H5 vs H6 battle recently...

CO Surfer    289

I must have missed it....

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Haha!! There was, but it was more 343 vs H5 and the gist was that the promotional material is misleading, for the 343 and 409 it calculates the HP/torque with the transmission gearing, but the H5 was straight HP. Or something like that...

stoked    1,039

I must have missed it....

You didn't miss anything, some jerk face squashed the whole thing with actual facts and pointed out the nay-sayers were reading the material wrong

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

I hope he didn't recommend fender tenders that don't work to all of his fellow crew members.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

I hope he didn't recommend fender tenders that don't work to all of his fellow crew members.

I still have those effers!!