DjOM21

2017 Stinger Plate

you haven't heard? the S238 has the best wave in the business. Go ahead, compare it to any other boat on the market. I double dare ya

LOL, this is awesome. This whole thread is. Although I do think the S238 might be the best wave in the business...at least mine. I mean heck, we even shot a video! Hope the link works...

https://www.facebook.com/1047987424/videos/10209855932888821/

• Like 1

Brandon161    26

Could that new plate be put on a 2016 easily? Of would it be a pain?

NW Boat Sports    232

Could that new plate be put on a 2016 easily? Of would it be a pain?

It's very easy. We've changed several so far. Literally take the old one off, put the new one on. Same holes, screws, etc... New caulk of course

DjOM21    59

LOL, this is awesome. This whole thread is. Although I do think the S238 might be the best wave in the business...at least mine. I mean heck, we even shot a video! Hope the link works...

https://www.facebook.com/1047987424/videos/10209855932888821/

Cool video - Why is everybody surfing on the wrong side?

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Amen

Because god said that man shalt surf on the port side. It's in the bible...somewhere in the back.

In the old listed boat days there was always 1 person on the boat that wanted to surf goofy and we would spend half an hour moving weight to keep them happy. Now I suppose it doesn't matter due to quicksurf, but luckily I've still had relatively few of those dirty goofy surfing creatures on my boat.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Lindsey's dog looks exactly like my sisters. Nice video!

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Because god said that man shalt surf on the port side. It's in the bible...somewhere in the back.

That was on the 6th day. It all changed on Day 7 once he invented the Enzo with the A plate.
  • Like 3

DjOM21    59

In the old listed boat days there was always 1 person on the boat that wanted to surf goofy and we would spend half an hour moving weight to keep them happy. Now I suppose it doesn't matter due to quicksurf, but luckily I've still had relatively few of those dirty goofy surfing creatures on my boat.

Well come on man - I am trying to talk myself into a 2017 - Show me some goofy footage!!!!!...........Also, what is the Gas consumption like running with full ballast and quick surf? I am guessing it would use more than a listed only set up?

Well come on man - I am trying to talk myself into a 2017 - Show me some goofy footage!!!!!...........Also, what is the Gas consumption like running with full ballast and quick surf? I am guessing it would use more than a listed only set up?

I will try to do that. I had some goofy photos in another thread if you haven't seen those. I've had a long term average of 4.6 gal/hour on the H5. That's surfing with ~4500lbs evenly loaded. Or driving at high speed to/from the dock. With gas prices how they are I consider the cost pretty insignificant. The couple times I listed the boat it seemed much easier on the engine, so I would expect fuel consumption to be less.

DjOM21    59

I will try to do that. I had some goofy photos in another thread if you haven't seen those. I've had a long term average of 4.6 gal/hour on the H5. That's surfing with ~4500lbs evenly loaded. Or driving at high speed to/from the dock. With gas prices how they are I consider the cost pretty insignificant. The couple times I listed the boat it seemed much easier on the engine, so I would expect fuel consumption to be less.

Gotcha. Are we thinking then that a Crusader 6.0 will see 30% less fuel efficiency in operation due to the lack of direct injection?

Gotcha. Are we thinking then that a Crusader 6.0 will see 30% less fuel efficiency in operation due to the lack of direct injection?

It's possible, but I won't know till I put it through the paces. The 409 does have as much power on paper as the H5 and is thousands cheaper vs. what you could get the H5 for last year, so the cost savings upfront will more than offset any additional fuel.

Cwazy1    89

FYI, H5 isn't even an option on '17.

Crusader 5.7, Crusader 6.0 (+$750), and H6DI (+$10.5k) are the only options...

I also don't think you'd see 30% increase in efficiency for a DI engine.

FYI, H5 isn't even an option on '17.

Crusader 5.7, Crusader 6.0 (+$750), and H6DI (+$10.5k) are the only options...

I also don't think you'd see 30% increase in efficiency for a DI engine.

You are spot on about the options.

I think I'm getting a 30% increase in efficiency or better w/ the DI tho. I don't have hard numbers from prior years and I don't fill up the dealership's boats with the 5.7 ;), so my comparison is a trite anecdotal I will admit. And vs. the price of the boat, I could really care less about fuel consumption within a certain degree. However burning less than 5 gal per hour with the engine maxed the fairy out most of the time really seems quite a bit better than I used to do.

Edited by Race City Marine

Cwazy1    89

Damn, I'd be very impressed if it was actually 30%.

In any case, doing some math here, if purchasing a $10.5k option for the pure reason of gas savings... equates to 3800 gallons of gas (at $2.75/g). If the 3800 gallons equated to the 30% saved, you'd need to burn a total of 8900 gallons in the DI (vs 12700 gallons) in the non-DI to equal the amount spent on the engine upgrade.

8900 gallons at a consumption of 5gal/h equates to about 1800 engine hours.

tl:dr - don't buy a H6 upgrade for the reason of saving gas.

Even if we did the math with the H5 upgrade from <2017, which was around $5k upgrade. You'd need to run 830 engine hours to break even.

• Like 1

Damn, I'd be very impressed if it was actually 30%.

In any case, doing some math here, if purchasing a $10.5k option for the pure reason of gas savings... equates to 3800 gallons of gas (at $2.75/g). If the 3800 gallons equated to the 30% saved, you'd need to burn a total of 8900 gallons in the DI (vs 12700 gallons) in the non-DI to equal the amount spent on the engine upgrade.

8900 gallons at a consumption of 5gal/h equates to about 1800 engine hours.

tl:dr - don't buy a H6 upgrade for the reason of saving gas.

Even if we did the math with the H5 upgrade from <2017, which was around $5k upgrade. You'd need to run 830 engine hours to break even.

Well it's actually DIFFERENT technology, not just tweaks on existing technology with fancy marketing acronyms behind it.

So what you are saying is that if you buy an H6, you can't afford NOT to rack up a bunch of hours and get your money's worth? "Hey honey, I'm going on the boat again because I can't afford not to." Of course she'd probably come back with "I'm going sale shopping because I can't afford not to". lol

:thumbsup:

DjOM21    59

I think the 6.0 is the no brainer engine choice for 2017. Direct injection is cool tech but not worth the premium at the time unless you have deep pockets. Hopefully that gap will get narrower, because they seem like great engines

I was just curious on fuel consumption with evenly weighted boats. I was reading that someones FS44 was using up to 9.5 gph with the quick surf system, which seemed like a lot.

I think the 6.0 is the no brainer engine choice for 2017. Direct injection is cool tech but not worth the premium at the time unless you have deep pockets. Hopefully that gap will get narrower, because they seem like great engines

I was just curious on fuel consumption with evenly weighted boats. I was reading that someones FS44 was using up to 9.5 gph with the quick surf system, which seemed like a lot.

Yea...I do like mine even though hesitant at first. After 40 hours since changing the original oil, it looks cleaner than I am used to and does't burn a drop. However none of my engines have burned oil (even in a VW) so I kind of think that's a myth ;).

Vs. the 9.5gph claim my less than 5 gallons per hour with the quicksurf stands in pretty stark contrast. If I jam the sacks over full to a total tune of ~4500lbs and use the quicksurf the engine is doing about all it can do to keep speed at 3900 RPM's with the stock prop. If just a tiny bit drains out of the back (like the sacs returning to normal size) the performance is much better and around 3600 rpm is required. Either way I'm not babying the girl. I'm told the wave kills the Ri that was used on the surf tour and is only beaten by an aftermarket sacking of a G23. Plus it fits under my 7' garage door. I've only owned Supreme's so I may be biased, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Edited by Race City Marine