stoked    1,039

Stretch came back from a hiatus just to post that. How's the house (and now wife?) going buddy?

DjOM21    59

On another note, does anyone own a BMW X5d? I've often looked at them and wondered if they would be up to the task. I know what the BMW guys say, but does it match up with what the boat guys say....

I have an X5 Diesel and it is a torque monster. It has a rated tow capacity of 7700# with a special European aftermarket hitch. Although I have only towed my #3500 tent trailer it does it with ease. The problem I see with towing a bigger boat is that X5 sits kinda low, has small little mirrors, and does not have a HD transmission ans cooling (as far as I know). I have always figured that towing is most comfortable at about 75% of vehicle capacity - maybe with a diesel you can tow closer to max, but I think the gas units less so.

Anyway, My buddy tows his 21 ft Tige through the mountains with his GLK 450 diesel and he says it does awesome and gets good mileage. The European Diesels are sweet units.

• Like 1

Stretch    409
Stretch came back from a hiatus just to post that. How's the house (and now wife?) going buddy?

Going really well, whole lot going on. Didn't know I could be so busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Copenglenn    44

I have an X5 Diesel and it is a torque monster. It has a rated tow capacity of 7700# with a special European aftermarket hitch. Although I have only towed my #3500 tent trailer it does it with ease. The problem I see with towing a bigger boat is that X5 sits kinda low, has small little mirrors, and does not have a HD transmission ans cooling (as far as I know). I have always figured that towing is most comfortable at about 75% of vehicle capacity - maybe with a diesel you can tow closer to max, but I think the gas units less so.

Anyway, My buddy tows his 21 ft Tige through the mountains with his GLK 450 diesel and he says it does awesome and gets good mileage. The European Diesels are sweet units.

Thanks, this is kind of inline with what I've heard about them. By that kind of math, you can be within towing capacity fairly easily for most boats. Although, I don't know if I would like to hook onto an Ri with one. The bigger boat would surely push it around even with the great brakes the bimmer comes with.

CO Surfer    289

Someone actually knows the difference between Bimmer and Beamer. Nice!

• Like 1

Copenglenn    44

Someone actually knows the difference between Bimmer and Beamer. Nice!

The interwebz taught me right lol. Actually going to pick up an e90 tonight.

• Like 1

DjOM21    59

Anybody towing a 23ft+ wake boat through the mountains with a Dodge Eco Diesel? I would be curious on your impressions.

DarksideR    1,679

Irocnparts used to tow his sv240 with a VW Touareg diesel through the mountain passes with zero issues. Remember him saying it towed better than his F-350 diesel. Sooo.... yeah.

I tow my Fs33 with my F-150 rated to pull 8700lbs. I've never felt "unsafe". It stops great. That being said, no way would I attempt to tow it through the mountains. I think it would do it.... but I'd piss a lot of people off at how slow I was going. Lol.

If you're really concerned about it, there's always this

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/boa/5857285053.html

I've seen this boat in person. It's both hilarious and awesome at the same time. Only thing is gonna be over the weight limit of is a Schwinn

DjOM21    59

Irocnparts used to tow his sv240 with a VW Touareg diesel through the mountain passes with zero issues. Remember him saying it towed better than his F-350 diesel. Sooo.... yeah.

I tow my Fs33 with my F-150 rated to pull 8700lbs. I've never felt "unsafe". It stops great. That being said, no way would I attempt to tow it through the mountains. I think it would do it.... but I'd piss a lot of people off at how slow I was going. Lol.

I've seen this boat in person. It's both hilarious and awesome at the same time. Only thing is gonna be over the weight limit of is a Schwinn

Sweet boat - but no tower!

I have an F350 and a Diesel Suv. So my attitude is kinda like, I need more boat to tow. I was just just curious how a diesel half ton would do through our Rocky Mountains. Would be nice to have a HD half ton that tows heavy, but rides nice and gets good mileage around town.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

We solved any payload / towing problems. Now to wait 6 months to get the boat behind it.
So far the same commuting mpg as the 1500.

post-7969-0-16105900-1478212466_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nick213    583

You couldn't have picked a better vehicle in my opinion ;)

• Like 1

DjOM21    59

We solved any payload / towing problems. Now to wait 6 months to get the boat behind it.

So far the same commuting mpg as the 1500.

Does that say Duramax on the hood?

rrd525    40

Yes, Duramax.

Opted for the Diesel over the 6.0 gas.

The Dealer gave us a very attractive price on the Duramax upgrade.

DjOM21    59

Yes, Duramax.

Opted for the Diesel over the 6.0 gas.

The Dealer gave us a very attractive price on the Duramax upgrade.

Well you will not regret that choice one bit, but now you have to much truck and will require a RI257 to justify all that towing capacity!!

My dads 2012 Duramax can do 11-12L/100km stock unloaded on the highway in winter. This was in flat old Sask though - but I was impressed. My Ford will only do 14.5L/100KM on the highway in similar conditions so I was a little chuffed - but I am Leveled with Mud tires and well its a Ford. Pretty impressive for a 8000lb vehicle.

Enjoy the new ride.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Sweet boat - but no tower!

There's a tower. I think the boat would flip before pulling anyone up though!

• Like 1

I don't see how you would have trouble in the mountains or anywhere. My little V8 4runner has towed a 6000lb+ load up and down mountains in the east with no problem. It can go 70 mph up the steepest grade without much fuss (just a downshift). Although I will usually go 55 or 60 to save a little gas. I have no doubt it could go 80 mph up the grade, but I'm not going to pull my boat that fast anywhere. I think it is geared 3.73. Tow cap is 7300 I believe. Brakes only get replaced around 75K when the pad backing plate or caliper starts rusting real bad. I think it's putting down like 340 ft/lbs of torque...which is only like one wheel's output of a diesel, but it's enough for the load it tows. I've done many 100+ mile trips and at least one 1000 mile trip. 1000 miles at 11 mpg kind of sucks though!

I guess I'm used to my family towing a boat (albeit smaller) back in the day with company cars and a 85 cutlass supreme. Those poor cars. Oh the memories of waiting on the side of the highway for the overheating engine to cool down...lol. Though that usually wasn't much of a problem because there were usually a few stops for my dad to throw either me or my brother up against the side of the car (and we typically deserved it). lol. Towing nowadays is a dream compared to that.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..